carat
color
clarity

GIA article on "aquaprase"

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1473771864|4075841 said:
I thought I'd follow-up with a picture since my ring is now finished. I'm super happy I can wear it and enjoy it now! :) Hope everyone else is enjoying their stone(s); I'd love to see what others make with theirs!

Love love love-covet-love this, SparkliesLuver!!!
By chance - do you also have a chrysoprase as well? If you do- can you post a pic side by side with this pretty please?

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, Rfisher! I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

I do! Attached is the only picture I have of them loose as both stones are now set. Let me know if you'd prefer a comparison picture with the completed rings.

img_12676.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely lovely SparkliesLuver!
Yes, of course I'd sure like to see the two completed rings- at your convenience.
Thank you!

S

SparkliesLuver

:) Okay! It might take me a few days as I don't have both rings in the same place. haha But I'll post one of them together as soon as I can.

S

SparkliesLuver

Sorry for taking so long, Rfisher! Here they are. Please ignore my nasty, dry hands and the beautiful office lighting. ;-) :lol: This lighting doesn't do either stone justice, but you can still see the different quite clearly, I think. The aquaprase is set in 14k unplated white gold and the chrysoprase is in sterling. Hope this helps!

img_12791.jpg

img_12792.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So so pretty Sparkliesluver!
Thank you for going out of your way to get a pic and post.
If I may, I call dibs on this!

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw, thank you, Rfisher. That means a lot! No problem at all; happy to do it for a fellow PSer! ;-)

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
UPDATE: So have people that want aquaprase found it anywhere besides Barry's drops? A google search turns up the initial discovery article.........but I'm not finding anything gemmy for sale anywhere--rough or finished. Anyone else finding it? TIA

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
digdeep- No, and I too have been looking. I recently saw a couple offerings on Etsy by ColoradoCabochonsCo . They don't appear to be the same coloring as those owned by SparkliesLuver who got hers through the founder of this new gem, the gem explorer, Yianni Melas if I'm not mistaken. I sure would like to find some like those that she got. They are a gorgeous green color, not at all blue that I can see.

S

SparkliesLuver

From what I know - and my info could be outdated at this point - they're not selling rough to anyone, and you can only get cut pieces from the source. I reached out to Yianni via Instagram and he gave me his contact (who is in NY) for purchasing.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update........it's still a mystery about how this stuff gets to market but last week I was able to buy one from Barry's drop......the oval. It is gorgeous, and literally took my breath away when I saw it. I purchased it in hopes of making a ring......and the gem would be perfect for that. This is where the story takes a turn...........apparently I already have a piece of Aquaprase jewelry! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/translucent-information-please.224167/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/translucent-information-please.224167/[/URL]

So, heads up......I am returning this gem to Barry today, if someone wants her she's a sweet one! Another aside...... photo's do not capture the green in these stones and do not show how beautiful they are in real life. They are :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results