shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemstone setting sellers who will use gold from old setting

JiJi

Rough_Rock
Hi All.

I recently bought a pink sapphire stud earrings in 14kt yellow gold setting. I fell in love with the sapphire but I hate the setting as it was enormous compare to the gems size. So, I want to have it reset in a 3 prongs martini setting but the gold used for this setting is quite substantial and I won't know what to do with it.

So, if anyone can recommend any vendors who'd use the gold from my old setting to make a new setting, or simply would buy the old settings from me and give me good discount toward the new setting, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Gemstone setting sellers who will use gold from old sett

A number of jewellers may be willing to use the gold from the old setting to make the new settings, however there may be a significant labour cost involved. If you're happy with simple martini studs (ie don't specifically want custom made earrings) and the sapphires are a calibrated size, there are lots of jewellers who would be able to order stock settings for you. You could then sell the old settings as gold scrap, there are a number places that buy gold direct from the public, or your jeweller may be able to facilitate the sale for you. I would try a few local jewellers as the cost of the stock settings shouldn't be too expensive and probably not worth shipping them back and forth. I think this would be cheaper than using the old gold to make new earrings.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Re: Gemstone setting sellers who will use gold from old sett

I agree with the advice above. If someone out there though has a sentimental piece to recycle, Hunt Country Jewelers will do this

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results