shape
carat
color
clarity

Gems TV - Live Jewelry Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
I am sure many of you have seen this show (similar to QVC or HSN), where they have a host presenting jewlery. The piece has a starting price and about a minute into the presentation the price drops drastically and viewers quickly call in to claim one out of the limited quantity. I am sure the pieces aren''''t the GREATEST quality because for the stones they only say what kind of stone and the carat weight., but they look gorgeous (but I guess lighting can do this)

I guess my question for the experts is, is this place legit? Are these nice pieces of jewelery? Or are they just way overpriced and then cut to a normal price, so you aren''''t getting much of a deal?

For you pricescopers has anyone ever bought jewlery from here? How was your experience? They have a 30 day money back guarantee on all pieces, so I guess that means something.

BTW: For those of you who have satellite, I have DirecTV, it is channel 233. Check it out, its pretty cool! I am not sure if it is on cable or not.

hearinggal

Rough_Rock
I have bought several pieces from Gems TV.Most of which i have sent back, some of their less expensive rings are nice for gifts, like topaz, small rubies and amethyst. I have sent back several stones since they were too small for my liking, they tell the weight but not the dimensions. In their favor i have had a few pieces that i have kept appraised and they appraised for several times the cost that i spent. Did get a gorgeous 12 x 10 Rubelite that i am trying to have recut and reset, just a little off on the size for my liking. But in their favor they are VERY good about returns. I sent back an Alexandrite that the jeweler said was sapphire. Dont pay any attention to their start price it means nothing, just know what you want and dont be rushed by the quick timing of their sales. Have fun, great way to shop for xmas gifts.
kate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results