shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem Trader Pink Spinel Pair!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I got my ears pierced for the first time last month, and for our anniversary, Fiance let me pick some stones for earrings that he would buy. I was all set on these tsavorites when The Gem Trader posted these, and I just couldn't resist...

july12mspinelpair.gif
Mahenge, Tanzania
1.45 cttw
4.8 x 7.1 mm

I had the 1 ct emerald cut I got at the gems show earlier this year, and hoped that they would match well enough so that I'd be able to get them done as a ring and earrings set. And they match PERFECTLY! Even Fiance was amazed by how well the color matches. (In his opinion, they should be a pendant and earrings set though.) It actually worked out that I've been too busy to finalize my ideas for setting the emerald cut because now I can get them done at the same time.

These are the two settings I like:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/21046345/heart-of-water-jewels-lotus-earrings-in
http://www.etsy.com/listing/21340447/mistral-18k-gold-and-pink-amethyst
I definitely want the lotus setting holding the stones, but I like accents from the mistral setting. I have also pondered bezels, but I think it would be a crime to hide any more of these stones than absolutely necessary.

Indoors:

img_1890.jpg

img_1891.jpg

img_1892.jpg

Outdoors, indirect light:

img_1900.jpg

Outdoors, direct sunlight (with my tsavorite since I hadn't had the opportunity to take it outside):

all.jpg

thbmok

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! :appl: It's tough to find such a perfect match for color!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing matched set - it doesn't get better than this. I think they'll be great with the designs you've selected from Etsy which plays up the beauty of the spinels. No bezels please for the same reason that you stated. Just a clean design for the earrings and pendant.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Ditto & what a great find! They are terrific. I LOVE the emerald cut.

--- Laurie

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was doing gel nails at home and though the thing is an LED light it seems to be UV also, so I put my pink spinels under it to make them glow. Fun times. It was really hard to get a picture though!

img_3339_0.jpg

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Lovely, distracts! I just got a Mahenge from The Gem Trader as well, and one of the first things I did was to look at it under UV - it lit up like a Chistmas tree in neon orange pink!

The pendant and matching earrings would perhaps be the more obvious way to go, btw., but my first thought was that the emerald cut stone would look gorgeous in a ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color and gorgeous stones! I love the etsy settings you are thinking of-so pretty! :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! And your emerald cut spinel is simply to die for...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sign of a true coloured stoner is when they think up fun ways to play with their gems and in your case, with UV light. ;))

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, when will these beauties be set?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe how well they match. Lucky you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results