shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem Shopping Network Screen Shots

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I could watch that channel! All I have to watch is Jewelry TV :sick: (again, I wish there was a pukey face)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can watch live on the computer at their website if you don't have GSN with your provider.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
While about GSN this is a little off topic.
Does anyone watch a show on Discovery channel called Auction kings? I have noticed a couple of on air hosts from GSN in the bidders gallery on the discovery show. The two I have seen are Frank and Steve. As a matter of fact Frank just bid and on and won a samurai sword.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wow, bling is right! Nice color changer at the top & I really like the opal necklace -- quite an idea for the future.

--- Laurie

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Chrono, that is exactly right - they yap!

TL - I love that emerald too, but how would you know that it wasn't treated?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1297735103|2852048 said:
Oh Chrono, that is exactly right - they yap!

TL - I love that emerald too, but how would you know that it wasn't treated?

You wouldn't know for sure, unless it came with a highly reputable lab report. Some of their material does have lab reporting, some does not, so for the items that don't, I just take them at face value, and enjoy the eye candy. I don't buy anything from them, but if I did buy anything, including that emerald, I would require a lab report.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
I too watch this channel and just have jaw dropping shock at the prices but some of the stuff is REALLY pretty. That Emerald ring is gorgeous.

As for your stuff being auto deleted (I have directtv too) you can mark it with a K and it will keep it until you manually delete it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great shots, TL. I have some of the jewelry and gem shopping shows on at work because I like to have something pretty to look at when I take a quick break from work. I'll have to make sure I get that channel on tomorrow. They do really come up with some very different gems. I really like the emerald ring too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought these were museum quality examples of gems that are very rare, and do not come in large sizes. The benitoite was almost 2 carats, and you rarely see these above a half carat in size, especially which such clarity and color.

Triplite and benitoite.

GSNbenitoite.JPG

GSNtriplite.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was spinel night on GSN, so I took lots of screen shots. First up, some dark toned spinels. The radiant cut one was HUGE (10.95 carats)!!

GSNdarkbluespinel.JPG

GSNdarkbluegreenspinel.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's some lighter toned blue and lilac spinels around 2 or 3 carats in size. The prices on those rings were fair I thought. Very pretty. There's also a loose Mahenge with purplish pink color. Look at what they want for it!!

GSNpurplishpinkmahenge.JPG

GSNlilacpinkspinel.JPG

GSNmediumbluespinel.JPG

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
never heard of tripilite; i'll have to look that one up.

I know the benoitite is gorgeous! I have some microscopic ones I got from one of the really well known vendors here on PS. It's a set of them ranging from clear to the dark blue

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rparker1998|1298580634|2858670 said:
never heard of tripilite; i'll have to look that one up.

I know the benoitite is gorgeous! I have some microscopic ones I got from one of the really well known vendors here on PS. It's a set of them ranging from clear to the dark blue

I never heard of triplite either. It reminds me of reddish orange spessarite acutally. I went and looked for some online all over, and I could find none even half as nice as that one (maybe I'm looking in the wrong places???).

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
LOL TL, if you can't find it, then there isn't one to be had.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rparker1998|1298597891|2858848 said:
LOL TL, if you can't find it, then there isn't one to be had.

Nah, there's lots of really exotic stones I've never heard of. Just look at the gemtrader.com or facetorjay on ebay. They have lots of these rarely heard of gems. Most are actually too soft to put in jewelry.

RobertaB

Rough_Rock
I LOVE Gem Shopping Network. I love the Jewelry with Mike show! He always has pink diamonds.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RobertaB|1298604023|2858941 said:
I LOVE Gem Shopping Network. I love the Jewelry with Mike show! He always has pink diamonds.

I like all the shows except for "Treasures with Sue." I think she has the most overpriced dreck. I never see a good deal on her program, and she starts off every potential sale with the comment "It was supposed to be [insert high price here]" as if she once sold it for that high price. :roll:

I think she purchases time from Frank, so she deviates from the usual really nice blingy things.

RobertaB

Rough_Rock
Yes, I really don't like watching her show at all. It's all yuck stuff. I love Steve. Steve and Mike are my favorites. Did you say you have bought from GSN? I've thought about it but haven't yet.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RobertaB|1298636900|2859143 said:
Yes, I really don't like watching her show at all. It's all yuck stuff. I love Steve. Steve and Mike are my favorites. Did you say you have bought from GSN? I've thought about it but haven't yet.

Nope, never bought a thing from them, but I like to watch. I like Sam too, he has some nice estate pieces for decent pricing. Some members here have bought some things. If you search on "Gem Shopping Network" in the forum, you might find them. The only time I turn it off immediately is when Sue is on with her dreck.

Evans

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello...came across this post/thread via search engine and registered because of it. My name is Earl and I created many of the pieces you have screen shots of here. The ones with the 320 prefix. Thank you for the nice words and I hope you enjoy them. I have fun searchingfor the unique and creating something that can be worn and enjoyed.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evans|1304360592|2910195 said:
Hello...came across this post/thread via search engine and registered because of it. My name is Earl and I created many of the pieces you have screen shots of here. The ones with the 320 prefix. Thank you for the nice words and I hope you enjoy them. I have fun searchingfor the unique and creating something that can be worn and enjoyed.

Welcome to PS Earl!! :wavey: You are a very talented man, and I love the bling!! Keep them coming, they're the big reason I like to watch GSN. That chrysoberyl ring you created was amazing. I loved the center stone, and the setting was beautiful.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
And to think... all this time and energy spent. How many hungry children could have been fed?

Evans

Rough_Rock
Trade
I started my company a few years ago mainly to still keep in the loop of the trade shows. As a former buyer for a jewelry store and former tv company, I wanted to see what was new and keep up with new discoveries.
As for hungry children...hopefully my donations to St. Vincent dePaul I make twice a year will help with that...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Earl and welcome! :appl:

Those settings are lovely! I think you'll find that the people on this forum are always on the look-out for great settings! If you sell to the public, perhaps you could declare yourself as "trade" and then link to your website? This forum doesn't allow direct selling or promotion of your own goods but links to websites are allowed.

Evans

Rough_Rock
Trade
LovingDiamonds|1304370727|2910366 said:

Those settings are lovely! I think you'll find that the people on this forum are always on the look-out for great settings! If you sell to the public, perhaps you could declare yourself as "trade" and then link to your website? This forum doesn't allow direct selling or promotion of your own goods but links to websites are allowed.

Thank-you for the welcome. I don't sell to the public. GSN mainly has my pieces. My company was mainly a hobby that turned into a side business. I like working with mote unusual stones. As for mounting, I either will design something for a special stone...or work with some factory contacts for something premade that with show off the center piece. I can say this, the Triplite was a new one for me. I came across the stone at Tucson. I found a couple of others, but this one was awesome. I thought it had fire and presence. The Benitoite happened to be a right place...right time deal. Was visiting a buddy at his booth and he was busy so looked at his neighbor and saw it...all I can say is wow.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evans|1304373107|2910403 said:
LovingDiamonds|1304370727|2910366 said:

Thank-you for the welcome. I don't sell to the public. GSN mainly has my pieces. My company was mainly a hobby that turned into a side business. I like working with mote unusual stones. As for mounting, I either will design something for a special stone...or work with some factory contacts for something premade that with show off the center piece. I can say this, the Triplite was a new one for me. I came across the stone at Tucson. I found a couple of others, but this one was awesome. I thought it had fire and presence. The Benitoite happened to be a right place...right time deal. Was visiting a buddy at his booth and he was busy so looked at his neighbor and saw it...all I can say is wow.

The triplite, benitoite, and the chrysoberyl were amazing stones. Although I'm not in love with everything on GSN, they sometimes have some very beautiful and unique gems. Benitoites tend to be overly grey, but that one looked sapphire like on the television broadcast, and it had amazing rare size to it. We're also a bunch of colored gem nuts, and exotics really peak our interest, at least they do for me.

I'm glad GSN is promoting spinels more. They are such underappreciated, yet beautiful gems.

ciciban

Rough_Rock
Oh bugger, now that I've seen this I'll never get any work done. Have never seen a jewellery show on tv. How about a collector's ruby, never seen before, rarest of rare, because GIA states origin inconclusive..I'm going to bookmark this show for some fun watching...thanks TL

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an old thread, but I thought I would add to it since I saw some nice material the other day on Gem Shopping Network. I am not advertising for them, shop there at your own risk. I just thought I'd show what I thought were some nice gem examples. I have no idea what these look like in other lighting.

Here were some amazing estate emerald earrings. They were really clean too. I think they wanted around $40K for these. They had an AGL report if I remember correctly.

gem_shopping_emerald_earrings.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a gorgeous bracelet with cherry colored spinel cabs and small rubies. My photos of my television screen do not do this justice. This was an older estate piece, but it reminded me of those vintage bracelets you would see someone like Joan Crawford wearing.

gem_shopping_spinels_and_rubies_bracelet2.jpg

gem_shopping_spinels_and_rubies_bracelet1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here was a gorgeous orangy pink spinel ring, and they wanted around $7K for it. It was another estate piece.

gem_shopping_pink_orange_spinel.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results