Gday from Down Under!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum|1434663774|3891041 said:
Spin-Elle|1434556291|3890305 said:
Hi Jamie!
I'm a long time lurker but you've inspired me to post :dance:
I'm an Inverell girl living in the USA. That blue sapphire is gorgeous - it warmed my heart a little lol. I've collected quite a few aussie sapphires, parti's, yellows, and blues. My newest craze is spinel.
Great job on the cutting! You've made me happy just looking at the photos.
I'll be watching closely to see what else you post!

Hi Spin-Elle, I'm from the New England region too! :wavey: Don't want to say exactly for privacy reasons where but my town has "UNE" so that should tip you off... :lol:

My enagagement ring is actually a parti-sapphire from Glen Innes so I'm a huge fan. Jamie - if you do decide to sell those beautiful stones, please let us know! :naughty:

You mean there is a "New England" region of Australia too? Here I thought the only one was in the US! :lol:

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi ladies and gentlemen,
Thanks for the awesome comments guys! Sure does lift my spirits hearing that people like my cutting and stones! Did an absolutely beautiful green sapphire today and decent size too. I will post it up tomorrow. In regards to if people want to buy any gems, I really do not want to come across as I have come on this forum to sell stones and give the wrong impression. I am a gemstone enthusiast too and love sharing and viewing everyone's gem pictures. You guys will be the first to know if or when I decide to sell any.
It really comes down to not wanting to annoy anyone however as I have mentioned in an earlier post my miner friend and I are thinking about eventually selling some gems as he is getting not so good money from the rough on the gemfields.

Minousbijoux, I am glad that you got at least one right! Unless you work with the opals a bit it can be hard to tell where they are from. Which one did you get right?

Hotpozzum, congratulations on your engagement! Did you pick the stone or does your partner have good taste?

Lovinggems, thanks for comment about seeing some good aussie gems. We really do have some good quality gems here in OZ. Like every gemstone region u get the good stones with the bad.

Arkieb1, have you ever been to Inverell to dig for your own beautiful blue. My partner has a 1.6ct yellowish parti ring from our very first sapphire we pulled from the earth.

Jamie :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No but I have always wanted to. My fathers brother (so my uncle) married a lady whose parents owned a sapphire mine in Inverell but her parents got old and sold it years ago. I can remember as a child my grandfather had a big Milo? metal tin of pieces of rough that we kids used to beg him to let us play with, we then wet all the stones in it, (they were small unpolished stones) which brought out the colour in most of the pieces. I loved rocks even back then :D

I married a guy who paid for a career in Aviation cutting gemstones for his parents shop. His father wanted to send him to Germany to become a gemologist and all he wanted to do was fly planes. I have had a go at cutting but I don't have the patience, skill or eyesight for it. So I can really appreciate what you do.

My mother in law and father in law own a rock, crystal, fossil & gemstone museum and shop in rural NSW and my MIL is like a walking Encyclopedia for gemstone identification.

Spin-Elle

Rough_Rock
HotPozzum|1434663774|3891041 said:
Spin-Elle|1434556291|3890305 said:
Hi Jamie!
I'm a long time lurker but you've inspired me to post :dance:
I'm an Inverell girl living in the USA. That blue sapphire is gorgeous - it warmed my heart a little lol. I've collected quite a few aussie sapphires, parti's, yellows, and blues. My newest craze is spinel.
Great job on the cutting! You've made me happy just looking at the photos.
I'll be watching closely to see what else you post!

Hi Spin-Elle, I'm from the New England region too! :wavey: Don't want to say exactly for privacy reasons where but my town has "UNE" so that should tip you off... :lol:

My enagagement ring is actually a parti-sapphire from Glen Innes so I'm a huge fan. Jamie - if you do decide to sell those beautiful stones, please let us know! :naughty:

Hi HotPozzum :wavey:
I am constantly amazed at what a small world we live in!! hehehe I love your town!! bet it is a bit frosty in the mornings atm
Thanks for being so welcoming :D

Spin-Elle

Rough_Rock
aussiejamie|1434716408|3891245 said:
Hi ladies and gentlemen,
Thanks for the awesome comments guys! Sure does lift my spirits hearing that people like my cutting and stones! Did an absolutely beautiful green sapphire today and decent size too. I will post it up tomorrow. In regards to if people want to buy any gems, I really do not want to come across as I have come on this forum to sell stones and give the wrong impression. I am a gemstone enthusiast too and love sharing and viewing everyone's gem pictures. You guys will be the first to know if or when I decide to sell any.
It really comes down to not wanting to annoy anyone however as I have mentioned in an earlier post my miner friend and I are thinking about eventually selling some gems as he is getting not so good money from the rough on the gemfields.

Minousbijoux, I am glad that you got at least one right! Unless you work with the opals a bit it can be hard to tell where they are from. Which one did you get right?

Hotpozzum, congratulations on your engagement! Did you pick the stone or does your partner have good taste?

Lovinggems, thanks for comment about seeing some good aussie gems. We really do have some good quality gems here in OZ. Like every gemstone region u get the good stones with the bad.

Arkieb1, have you ever been to Inverell to dig for your own beautiful blue. My partner has a 1.6ct yellowish parti ring from our very first sapphire we pulled from the earth.

Jamie :)

Can't wait to see your photo's of the new green Jamie!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow so many New Englanders! :wavey: yeah that's home for me but hubby is military so we move a lot - lived in NSW, QLD, ACT and now VIC. My family are still there though so we go home at Christmas. Definitely pretty chilly there right now! :lol: I picked out my Parti-Sapphire stone from a local shop but hubby has great taste too.

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi people :),
Here is the new sort of lime colored sapphire I spoke about yesterday. It really has great scintillation! It weighs 1.33ct took an outside shade shot too on my iphone. My partner really likes this one. I won't be surprised if it goes missing lol. Just realised how many round brilliants I have put up. Might need to put up a few other cuts.
Seeing a few nice aquas on the forum inspired me to go get an aqua rough yesterday. Its a light icy color.

Arkieb1 sounds like you have rocks in your dna! You should give fossicking a go even if you sit back and let hubby do the work lol. :naughty: Also because you get it from the ground you know it is untreated as nature intended. Also can't blame a man for wanting to fly!

new_lime.jpg

_31257.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh that's a beauty! :love: Great to see such precision cuts.

I'm very fond of step cuts so any emerald & asscher cuts are welcome too. :naughty:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Aussiejamie - I absolutely love the lime green sapphire and the teal one you posted earlier. They are amazing!

Do you have any suggestions for Aussie lapidaries who sell to the public? I only know of Doug from Bespoke Gems and one other based in Canberra.

dori2002

Rough_Rock
Those stones are cut great. Such talent.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love the limish green!
Ricezo what is the name the Canberra based cutter? I am very curious.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi guys,
Thanks Dori2002 Ricezo, Lovinggems and Hotpozzums for the lovely comments.
I am glad you are enjoying the gems guys. :D

Ricezo, There seems to be a few sellers of gemstones around but the vast majority seem to send their stones of to asia to get cut. I have not come across to many people that actually cut the stones themselves and then sell. Personally I can't recommend anyone because I have not dealt with any. I would hate to recommend someone and they turn out to be shonky! Sorry

Emerald Cut will be coming next for Hotpozzum.
Also a square barion.
Jamie

the_universe

Rough_Rock
black opals and dark crystal opals are my favorite stone.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ricezo, I know where I'll be heading to if I have free time this week! :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't purchased from this store myself, but I think some other PSers had a good experience with Ross Sedawie of Seda Gems. He specializes in opals, sapphire and other coloured stones. I believe he's based in Brisbane.

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello friends!

Sorry bout not posting yesterday but I have been a busy bee! Mochiko42 is right, I forgot about Ross Sedawie and I can recommend him to you guys!
I love black opals to the universe.
I have a present for hotpozzum a nice green emerald cut sapphire. Also a nice teal square barion with step crown.
Hope you guys like them!

Jamie

green_saphy2p__2_.jpg

green_saphy2p__1_.jpg

green_saphy3p.jpg

img_8380.jpg

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Just found out there is a 4 pic max per post lol. Also can u post small vids? I want to put up a couple of opals.
Here is the teal square barion.
Enjoy friends
Jamie
p.s. just saw i did not clean the stone properly for top shot :oops:

img_8382.jpg

img_8383.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Im loving all the aussies coming onto this thread! Im a Brisbane girl but also used to live in Tamworth and my parents have recently moved to Tenterfield. Such a beautiful part of the world. We lived in Armidale also and my sister's finance grew up on a property near Inverell. Love all your beautiful stones, great work!!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooooooh I am just loving that green emerald cut! What a treat! So clean and such crisp faceting. :love: :appl: :dance: What are the stats on it? Does it turn more blue/green in daylight?

LaurenK - I love Tenterfield, such a pretty town. :wavey: We used to drive through there on the way home and stop for tea at Stannum House.

Side note - really regretting not buying more stones from Mineshaft whilst we were based in Canberra! :(sad

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
aussiejamie|1435032357|3892933 said:
Hello friends!

Sorry bout not posting yesterday but I have been a busy bee! Mochiko42 is right, I forgot about Ross Sedawie and I can recommend him to you guys!
I love black opals to the universe.
I have a present for hotpozzum a nice green emerald cut sapphire. Also a nice teal square barion with step crown.
Hope you guys like them!

Jamie

These are both stunning! :appl:

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi friends,
Thanks for the awesome comments guys. I appreciate that you take the time to comment and even if you have critical comments please post them as I will take them as constructive criticism.

Laurenk, It is awesome how people are getting involved in the thread and so many have links to the New England area. Tenterfield is a beautiful town.

Hotpozzum, The stone does get a slight blue tinge in sunlight however not much more than the shade photo. Size is 4.4mm x 7.4mm. Super glad u like it!

Ricezo, Your comments are always welcome :D

Jamie

Spin-Elle

Rough_Rock
aussiejamie|1435032812|3892934 said:
Just found out there is a 4 pic max per post lol. Also can u post small vids? I want to put up a couple of opals.
Here is the teal square barion.
Enjoy friends
Jamie
p.s. just saw i did not clean the stone properly for top shot :oops:

I love this!! Great colour :love:

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi ladies and gentlemen,
Thanks for the lovely comment Spin-elle. Glad you like it. :D

Here is a new "saffy" as I like to call them. Nice yellowish emerald cut. It is night time so no outside shot.
Enjoy
Jamie

2014051-1p.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can post videos on YouTube, then share the link here as long as you do not use your real name.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I really like the real barion cut sapphire.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You knock them out so quickly, like they were muffins or something!

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thanks for letting me know about allowing youtube embeds for videos chrono! Opals can be so difficult to photo and you just cant see the colorplay in photos.
Lovingems I am glad you like the square barion teal / blue. It really is a pretty gemstone. I have finished another but is green this time and bigger.
Minousbijoux, I loved your comment, you made me laugh out loud when I read it.
Jamie

green_saffy.jpg

green_saffy_2.jpg

emmas_stone.jpg

emma_stone_2.jpg

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Nice Blue coming up people! :D Had a few issues with the stone but it happens. Can't wait to get it off the dop. Going to be close to 2 carats.
Jamie

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful photos, I'm looking forward to the 2 carat blue photo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results