shape
carat
color
clarity

First spinel set

fel

Shiny_Rock
I'd be interested on thoughts on this project. It doesn't show in the picture, but this spinel is pink with definite orange flashes -- I guess sort of a bright "pad" type spinel. The stone was described as a precision radiant cut, 1 carat. None of the orange flashiness came through in the pictures. I put it in an inexpensive 18k ring I picked up on ebay. Forgive my lousy pictures -- I don't have the right sort of camera for this.

_8786.jpg

_8787.jpg

_8788.jpg

_8789.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, if these are the "bad" pics, then I'd love to see the good ones! Beautiful stone and pretty setting - well done! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! Where did you source the stone?

fel

Shiny_Rock
I got the stone from Beau-wy on ebay. I thought I got a great price. There is another thread on pricescope where I discussed buying a different spinel in the same color family, which I eventually returned. This one was less than half the price, and had more sparkle.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's really lovely! Nice find.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice find and I like the setting as well. looks great on you, too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CrisM|1376484064|3502708 said:
Well done. Was the setting a custom request?

I am guessing it isn't likely since Fel mentioned she purchased it on eBay.
Fel, more pictures please. Looks like a very pretty ring. Any idea of the spinel's measurements?

fel

Shiny_Rock
I purchased the ring on ebay with a small worthless tourmaline stone (all window). The jeweler removed the tourmaline and rebuilt the semibezel for the much larger spinel. Also I used melted old jewelry for the adaptations to reduce cost. The semibezel is in white gold because I did not have any 18k yellow gold to melt.

Chrono -- The spinel is 7 x 5 mm.

I am glad this worked out -- I haven't done something like this before. Always in the past I had rings designed from scratch, which is of course a lot more expensive. Thanks all for your encouragement.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love the color of the spinel and the setting is very unique and nice. I admire your creativity!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it too. Very unique setting, and the spinel is very pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results