shape
carat
color
clarity

Fire Agate from Gemtrader, 18.73 ct

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couldn't resist the dark sexy colors of this agate. Probably will become a pendant or bracelet one day. I have all sorts of crazy thoughts running through my head about which metal to use. I think it would look great in copper or rose gold, hammered or brushed. So many choices for accent stones -- orange or mint green or tsav green or dark golden yellow or brown diamonds or none at all. Going to have to live with it awhile and pet it and coo to it before I can make up my mind.

First pic outdoor in weak sunlight the rest are inside under led kitchen lighting.

green_pot.jpg

black_granite.jpg

inside_hand.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Oh its lovely Matata! I didn't realize it would be so big. I could see it as the lid of a pill box.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1422574717|3824119 said:
I didn't realize it would be so big. I could see it as the lid of a pill box.

Maybe I should frame it and hang it above the fireplace. LOL. Can you imagine how much bigger it'll look if I halo it or bezel it with some inset stones?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fire opal is such a fascinating stone. It looks like it's bubbling and boiling, really interesting.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1422575834|3824126 said:
Fire opal is such a fascinating stone. It looks like it's bubbling and boiling, really interesting.
That's a great way to describe it. I've been more interested in quirky stones the past couple years. Bought a rutilated quartz a couple years ago as well as a moonstone. Still haven't done anything with either of them. The quartz is large with copper colored strands within.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Why not a very large ring without any other stones - looks great on your hand!

Nice piece!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
what fun!
ring or pendant: hard decision but i'm loving the idea of red gold or copper........wire pendant? :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's great to see other types of gems on PS. Copper would be interesting, I think.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I've become super-interested in fire agate lately, and love seeing the additional pictures of this one :) It looks like cooling lava!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! I would want to look at this while wearing it, so I'd be inclined toward a cuff bracelet in a warm metal. Maybe bronze with a brushed finish?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
enbcfsobe|1422628141|3824426 said:
Stunning! I would want to look at this while wearing it, so I'd be inclined toward a cuff bracelet in a warm metal. Maybe bronze with a brushed finish?

I'm leaning toward a bracelet but think I would like it more open. Sort of like this amber bracelet, only much nicer.

amber_bracelet.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a really neat stone and I think your bracelet idea is fabulous for it.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bracelet would be perfect! I remember back in the day my father taking me to gem shows where fire agates, amethysts and moon stones were sold for less than a dollar a carat. Back in the day turquoise in silver was THE thing to have. lol. Glad to see appreciation for fire agate in this thread and can't wait to see how you set it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results