shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding the right green sapphire for engagement ring

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sapphire from Bespoke Gems looks fab to me and Doug will accept returns if you are not happy. I'd at least order it for a look unless you are completely sold on the one from Rick Martin.

I may be able to give you some perspective on this as my own engagement ring is a green Aussie sapphire. It's a parti-sapphire so mostly green with a little yellow and blue mixed it, a true colour changer although over general tone is mid green. Mine is in yellow gold which may enhance that aspect so perhaps white gold would enhance the blue and rose gold would enhance the green etc...Depending on lighting I've had people ask if it's an aquamarine or an emerald! :lol:

Therefore it can be difficult to judge online by pics alone - suggest you order a few and play with them in real life before deciding. :wavey:

A few pics of mine unset:
Party2.jpg
IMG804666.jpg
Party3.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1424909693|3838263 said:
It is! :D Please email Rick Martin to inquire. He's expecting to hear from you.

[email protected]

Awesome, I'd go for this one, quickly. If it doesn't speak to you in person you can return it and continue looking.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pure green sapphire is rare. The colour that you've seen so far (yellow green with some gray) is the typical green sapphire colouration.

S

SparkliesLuver

Fingers crossed you were able to email Rick. He did have more to say about it so hopefully he can send it to you so you can evaluate it in your own lighting.

CaptainLeezee

Rough_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1424909693|3838263 said:
It is! :D Please email Rick Martin to inquire. He's expecting to hear from you.

[email protected]

Thanks so much SL, I did email Rick and we had a chat about the stone, and then I talked to my GF and we decided not to go ahead and order it. There is nothing wrong with that gem but Rick did inform me that the photography didn't actually look like the stone in real life (hence why it was removed from the website) - and although it's very pretty it's not quite what we are looking for (described as "dark steel blue" in normal light). So, if anyone wants to get it then go for it! It actually sounds really nice from his description, just not quite what we are looking for. Who needs a new ring? ;-)

HotPozzum|1424927702|3838392 said:
The sapphire from Bespoke Gems looks fab to me and Doug will accept returns if you are not happy. I'd at least order it for a look unless you are completely sold on the one from Rick Martin.

I may be able to give you some perspective on this as my own engagement ring is a green Aussie sapphire. It's a parti-sapphire so mostly green with a little yellow and blue mixed it, a true colour changer although over general tone is mid green. Mine is in yellow gold which may enhance that aspect so perhaps white gold would enhance the blue and rose gold would enhance the green etc...Depending on lighting I've had people ask if it's an aquamarine or an emerald! :lol:

Therefore it can be difficult to judge online by pics alone - suggest you order a few and play with them in real life before deciding. :wavey:

Good advice thanks HP, I think it's important that I start getting a couple in my hand for a look. The one from Bespoke will be a good start and Allen at Mineshaft has some that sound like they are worth a look. These are both in Oz so easy for postage too.

Chrono|1424954702|3838446 said:
A pure green sapphire is rare. The colour that you've seen so far (yellow green with some gray) is the typical green sapphire colouration.

Thanks Chrono, I've noticed this a lot now that I've looked at so many. I think I should get a couple to see, I also have to accept that I'm the one looking but I am definitely not the one deciding!

CaptainLeezee

Rough_Rock
angaria|1424904630|3838220 said:
On a very similar quest for a forest green/teal sapphire for an engagement ring. I was originally looking in the 10K range, but seems they don't actually run that high.

A lot of this thread has been on recommendations in Australia - any recommendations for dealers with broad green sapphire inventory in the US?

I have seen heaps of teal sapphires for sale in the US - I think you might benefit from doing what I did and just open all the links from the sticky thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/list-of-vendors-for-reference.208782/ and have a look - you will very quickly kill browser tabs down to a manageable level if you have something specific in mind. The best proper green ones seem to come out of Australia actually, but there are some from Montana that look nice.

Did you have a size and shape in mind?

With a budget that high I might also recommend getting in touch with the custom gemstone cutters like Jeff White (who is in the US).

Others will have more suggestions than me. It's my first week haha. :shifty:

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm so sorry it didn't work, CL. Glad you were able to talk to him about it though. I'll keep my eye out.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
angaria|1424904630|3838220 said:
On a very similar quest for a forest green/teal sapphire for an engagement ring. I was originally looking in the 10K range, but seems they don't actually run that high. A lot of this thread has been on recommendations in Australia - any recommendations for dealers with broad green sapphire inventory in the US?

If you'd like assistance, many will be more than happy to help if you start a new thread of your own.

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry I only just stumbled across this thread! I'm the one who has been getting stones from Allen at Mineshaft, so if you need me to take additional photos of any stones in person I'm happy to help out. Just let me know.

I did find this Etsy store a little while ago. They're based in Far North Queensland and have a few green sapphires available. The ones shown here are a bit dark perhaps, but they might have more stock not shown on their page. https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/ExquisiteGem

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results