shape
carat
color
clarity

Find me a hauyne color blue sapphire?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I know this maybe a long shot but could you find me a hauyne color blue sapphire?
I'm OK with as small as 1.2ct/1.3ct
No more than 3ct as I know it's out of my affordability.
Preferred unheated.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1418880615|3803423 said:
Bex|1418871304|3803361 said:
What about this one? It's not quite as electric, but it's pretty close:

http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=7932

It might be out of budget though...
I like this better than the "ideal" medium dark blue with a purple secondary color.

From picture it looks very close to what I'm looking for. I could settle with that color
But I'm sure it's not like that. Don't have faith in their photography

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
You'd have to find a straight-blue sapphire; no purple or violet secondary. Sapphires are moody so it will be hard to find one that is hauyne-like in most lighting. I'll keep a look out though!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope you don't mind a suggestion from a newbie, but this reminded me of a 1.17 ct saphire which can be baught individually or as part of a pair from all that glitters gems

http://www.atggems.com/Photos_Sapphire1.htm

I don't know whether the photography is accurate (I am hoping peer review will let you know if this sugestion is bad). I just wanted to write something because I think you have exquisit taste and I'm really enjoying the thread.

_25326.jpg

gayani1

Shiny_Rock
there are a few hauyne stones on ebay. but i am not able to find a sapphire with the nice hauyne electric blue color... :(

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Think only a fine old Kashmir sapphire comes close to fine hauyne.

I have small cobalt spinel from Luc Yen and Hauyne - even they never reach hauyne.

Your quest is like "Find me a Tsavorite colored like the best Muzo emerald"....

A bit difficult....

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Marlow|1419493590|3807549 said:
Think only a fine old Kashmir sapphire comes close to fine hauyne.

I have small cobalt spinel from Luc Yen and Hauyne - even they never reach hauyne.

Your quest is like "Find me a Tsavorite colored like the best Muzo emerald"....

A bit difficult....

I know!

That's why I'm asking for help.....I could find good/top color sapphires by myself...But the best color, the rarest color...That's when our intelligent PS people step in... :D

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
qubitasaurus|1418939154|3803818 said:
I hope you don't mind a suggestion from a newbie, but this reminded me of a 1.17 ct saphire which can be baught individually or as part of a pair from all that glitters gems

http://www.atggems.com/Photos_Sapphire1.htm

I don't know whether the photography is accurate (I am hoping peer review will let you know if this sugestion is bad). I just wanted to write something because I think you have exquisit taste and I'm really enjoying the thread.

The one on the left could have a potential still a little bit lighter in saturation than ideal, I did a search about ATGGEMS here, not so good though...

Thanks, and Merry Christmas

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results