shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally all 3 stones picked!!! Thanks everyone at PS for all the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ff

Shiny_Rock
Finally picked all 3 stones for the ring!!! What an adventure this has been!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Here''s some photos of the 3 stones not in the setting yet. I''d love to hear what you all think!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

IMG_7500.JPG

ff

Shiny_Rock
And here''s the final setting choice (Leo Ingwer).

Just waiting for the setting to come in but all the pieces are finally chosen!!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

FinalSetting.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy. Moly. Great combo--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow, ff....beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Did you find the sapphs yourself, or did the diamond vendor source them? Who was it? What are the stats of the stones?

LOL questions, questions...

Anyhoo...the look fabulous!
30.gif

widget

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~They''re beautiful!!! I love the contrast of blue to white!!!
30.gif

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

FireGoddess: Thanks! That center stone took the most work and I would have never gotten such a great one without all the learning I did here on PS. This community is one of the greatest, most knowledgeable, and most helpful I have ever come across.
21.gif

Canuk-gal: Thanks! Looked at quite a few combinations till I found one that I think she''ll absolutely love.
21.gif

Widget: Thanks! I looked everywhere for the Sapphires but it sure seems a lot more difficult and confusing to find those than it is to find a diamond. With a diamond, things are so much clearer and things are so much easier to figure on what the price should be apx. With Sapphires, I still don''t really get the pricing pattern at all. I just hope I didn''t pay way too much for them.
19.gif
Maybe I''ll start a quick thread with the details on them and see what everyone thinks the price range should be. My local Jewler who ordered the setting for me as well, was the one to track them down. He got in a few different ones for me till we found this pair which I absolutely love. He''s been really great and patient with me considering how much I know I drove him nuts. That''s what happens when a PS educated shopper goes to a store.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
He''s not part of a chain or a mall store. It''s a family owned local business and has been around a long time.

In terms of the stats, here''s what I know so far but am working on getting more info. on the sapphires themselves:

1. Center Stone. For all the details, see threads:

Basic info:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opinions-on-this-diamond-please.51820/

Some photos:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ordered-ideal-scope-and-initial-rough-photos.51988/

Idealscope and H&A photos:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ideal-scope-and-loops-arrived-cool.52041/

2. Sapphires:
I don''t know much details yet but they are .70 ctw and look really great under the loupe. One has some small inclusions and one has some small inclusions and a feather which isn''t too big. Both seem really good eye-clean. I''ll post some louped photos in another thread as I''d love everyone''s opionions. I understand diamonds much better these days but am still hopelessly lost when it comes to Sapphires.

diane5006: Thanks! I see from your avatar that you like the same color combination! Great looking ring!

bling*diva*: Thanks! I''m hoping she does too!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
She''s a huge fan of blue so I''m pretty sure I have a safe bet there.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! You all definitely know how to make a guy feel great about everything.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - that''s going to be one beautiful ring! Sapphires and diamonds together are my favorite combination.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sapphires (and coloured stones) are notoriously difficult to photograph accurately, so I really can't comment on the sapphires. I do think it is a lovely combination and makes the diamond stand out. I also have a 3 stone ring with blue sapphire sides and the ring really stands out.

I don't claim to be an expert but know a few basic things when it comes to sapphires:
1. Gotta be eye clean
2. Must not be cloudy. It should be a clear even blue colour (no extinction).
3. No windowing (should not be able to read anything through the middle when placed over print material)
4. Can't be too dark. It must be blue, not inky blue or blackish.

The shade of blue would be a personal preference. I like a strong saturated blue, the type that is almost an electric blue but of course it's more expensive. Others prefer a lighter blue and those lucky people are able to get their sapphires a lot cheaper than mine.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock

Looks like you did very good! I am partial to sapphire/diamond combinations myself!

The diamond and setting look great. Would enjoy more information and pictures on sapphires - the sapphires like natural outside light best. It is hard to find the best balance of light sources to photograph sapphires and diamonds – as each performs best in light that the other doesn’t – but that’s why I like the combination – they support each other.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That is going to be a really beautiful ring. I love sapphires and would like to have one some day.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think you did really really good! That ring is going to take her breath away!!! Those sapphires look so rich and velvety next to the icy sparkle of the diamond and the setting is classic and pretty. I look forward to seeing pictures of the finished ring.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones, it''s going to be a knockout ring!! Can''t wait to see the final product.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I can''t wait to see the finished project! When you post pics I hope you''ll tell us her ring size.
1.gif

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!!
21.gif

----

Dee*Jay:
Thanks!
21.gif
We actually saw the combo of Sapphires and diamonds in a jewelery store (can''t give any more details just in case my FTB is trolling around here too
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
) and her eyes completely went wide. She (and I!) thought it was very beautiful. It had a huge price stag on it in that particular store so I know she''s not in a million years expecting a ring of this type.
21.gif
She''s actually not expecting anything at the moment. We were just strolling through the rings joking around. I know this will be a HUGE surprise.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

----

Chrono:
Great to hear you have the same type of ring and that it looks great and stands out.
21.gif
When it comes to your points:

1. Seem to be eye clean. There is one small feather on one of them that might be noticeable to the naked eye but probably only if you know where to look. I''m going to look at them both in much greater details when she''s not in the house again.
21.gif

2. Definitely not cloudy and color is very even throughout.

3. Definitely no windowing. Seem to be very well cut (diamond cut).

4. They''re pretty dark blue but not at all black. Not sure what inky blue would be like. Looking from the other side with a loupe, you can see all the way through very clearly. Overall though, definitely a strong saturated blue.

I''ll post some photos of the two. I don''t have great photos at the moment as got them just before she got home so not a lot of time.

----

Bertrand:

I know what you mean about the light combinations.
21.gif
I''ll definitely play with getting some good shots of them all during the next couple of weeks and will post them up.

----

Cind11:

Thanks!!
21.gif
I''m sure you''ll have one! Just keep your eye out for one.
21.gif
21.gif

----

Sundial:

Thanks!
21.gif
I sure hope so!!! I''ll definitely post photos of the finished ring. I might post them though after I give the ring to her so that she''s one of the first in the world (aside from me and the jeweler to see it all put together). I''ll make sure to take the photos before I give it to her though so that I don''t have to try and tear it away.
21.gif
21.gif

----

innerkitten:

Thanks!
21.gif
I am definitely very excited with how it is all coming together. It has been a long road but PS has made it soooooooooooooooooooo much easier (And FUN!!!).
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

----

kcoursolle:

Thanks!
21.gif
I look forward to putting up photos when it all comes together. I have all the stones and the setting is supposed to arrive in the next two weeks.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

----

lisaC:

You and me both!
21.gif
21.gif
It''s really nice to have everything picked out finally though. I''ll definitely post her ring size in the end but trying to keep out any details that might give it away just in case she happens to be surfing around here as a lady in waiting or something.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

----

Thanks again everyone. The knowledge and support here are just incredible.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is going to be a stunning ring! you did really well!

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Diamondfan!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
You all really know how to make a guy feel absolutely great!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

ff

Shiny_Rock
Here are some rough photos of sapphire 1. Keep in mind these have not been cleaned well yet and the photos were rushed so really not that great... they''re all through a 10x loupe.

IMG_7473.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Here is Sapphire 2. This is the one that has the feather right in the middle of the table. So it''s in an obvious place and shows here really well at 10x loupe but I don''t think it''s very noticeable to a mere human without the magnification. I''ll have to look at it more when she''s out of the house.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

IMG_7484.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results