shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally, a lavender Spinel of my own!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So have you decided on a pendant/ring? 2 tone/single metal? Call me crazy but how about the oval set N/S and the circle underneath like an exclaimation mark? OK, so that''s a crazy idea. I''ll leave the design ideas to the experts.
19.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 10:40:23 PM
Author: Chrono
So have you decided on a pendant/ring? 2 tone/single metal? Call me crazy but how about the oval set N/S and the circle underneath like an exclaimation mark? OK, so that's a crazy idea. I'll leave the design ideas to the experts.
19.gif

yup, that's a wacky idea C
3.gif

nope, still no decision - I know a pendant would present some more freedom in design, but I just won't wear it..
I'm selfish and like to admire my gems whilst wearing
31.gif

I know it will be a white metal...lol

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thakyou for your comments to:

Freke
Kay - that''s a lovely suggestion for a setting I agree, I will keep that in mind for sure. Love semi-bezels!
Thanks LTP!
Blithesome
canada ham
BA
BEG - lol, I''d like to make a bet on how long until that resolution falls my darling
3.gif

Thankyou
Chrono
Klewis
and MP

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 1:05:44 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Ahh, yeah, I hear you on that, I''ll probably sell my BB tourm I has set because I feel I have enough rings (GASP!) and just don''t wear it as a necklace, I rarely take off my diamond pendant. Shame, it''s so pretty.

If they''re set together you can admire them at the same time! I must say that I personally LOVE the two colours together and think they''d make a spectacular piece together... in saying there aren''t many CSers ideas and opinions I look up to more than Freke! That''s how much I love the idea
9.gif

Well, that sounds like a very strong endorsement!
Thanks Andi for your thoughts
5.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Would you wear them in a bracelet? Size wouldn''t be such an issue, you could come up with more designs, maybe incorporate them in a clasp or something...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 3:38:58 AM
Author: ma re
Would you wear them in a bracelet? Size wouldn''t be such an issue, you could come up with more designs, maybe incorporate them in a clasp or something...

Thankyou for the suggestion ma re - I''m having a bracelet made at the moment with some blue and green gems
9.gif
11.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
You are!!?!! Is it the one you had a thread on recently? I can''t wait to see (and hear how it works for you)
35.gif

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Lovely spinel, AJ!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 12:37:56 PM
Author: mariedtiger
You are!!?!! Is it the one you had a thread on recently? I can''t wait to see (and hear how it works for you)
35.gif

Hey Marie - yes its for the green tourm, blue tourm and aqua ovals from Barry..

Julia and I are trying to come up with a design that will not turn or move around too much
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 2:42:37 PM
Author: starshine
Lovely spinel, AJ!
36.gif

thanks starshine!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 8:12:58 PM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 1/4/2010 12:37:56 PM

Author: mariedtiger

35.gif

Hey Marie - yes its for the green tourm, blue tourm and aqua ovals from Barry..

Julia and I are trying to come up with a design that will not turn or move around too much
5.gif

Ooo I''m interested in seeing what you guys come up with..I''ve been browsing Etsy randomly looking at bracelets ever since you posted that thread about it! Jim Meyer has a cab bracelet in his site that gives me the shivers, so I''d like something w/cabs!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 3:39:52 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 1/2/2010 1:05:44 AM

Author: DandiAndi

Ahh, yeah, I hear you on that, I''ll probably sell my BB tourm I has set because I feel I have enough rings (GASP!) and just don''t wear it as a necklace, I rarely take off my diamond pendant. Shame, it''s so pretty.

If they''re set together you can admire them at the same time! I must say that I personally LOVE the two colours together and think they''d make a spectacular piece together... in saying there aren''t many CSers ideas and opinions I look up to more than Freke! That''s how much I love the idea
9.gif

Awwww!!!! So sweet!!!I am so very flattered.

Ok, lets get down to the nitty gritty. I have issues with symmetry, so that''s my main issue. You will probably never see me with a bypass ring because I have SERIOUS jewelry symmetry issues.
23.gif

Having said that, I think depending on how it''s done, I think it could be an interesting piece.

How I could see it working (even WITH my issues) in my head is something like glitterata''s spinel bypass ring, only I would have one ''arm'' curve down to hold the round, and one ''arm'' to curve up and hold the oval--of course I would set the oval N/S. So they would go in a line-straight up and down the finger. They wouldn''t be far apart or anything, but it would give you MAJOR N/S finger real estate coverage. Does this make ANY sense?

Like this, only the branches would curve up and down more: Link

Or like this, again with the ''arms'' curving N/S more: Link

Obviously Julia could execute this easily.

Onto my next issue. I''m not a huge matcher. I don''t match my clothes, I don''t match my shoes and I don''t match my jewelry. To each other or to anything else (well, maybe my car...). But I do like to coordinate things, and unless it''s all in a very similar color family (for instance I have a piece on it''s way to me that goes from acid-y green to deep teal blue, but has just about every color in between) with slight gradients...so the jump from a deep regal purple to a light lavender blue is a bit hard for me to imagine what to coordinate shoes...I mean...outfits with. Because of your three stone, I don''t think this is an issue for you.
3.gif
You lucky, LUCKY girl.

So to sum up:

Freke has symmetry issues.

Freke has color and matching issues.

Freke has other issues that haven''t been mentioned but don''t pertain to this particular case.
3.gif

And to sum that up: Freke would put them in separate pieces so as to not deal with said symmetry and color issues.
9.gif

HOWEVER, because you (AJ) do not have above issues, none of this pertains! It is solely what I would do if the gemmies were in my possession.

(And you have just seen an example of one reason not many of my gems are set. The other main reason is $$$.
1.gif
)

ROFLMAO!!!
Freke this whole post made me laugh out loud...

I really do appreciate you taking the time to make suggestions, despite your "issues", lol..

The way you were describing the bypass setting was just what I had in mind too, if I were to choose that path..
5.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 8:06:03 PM
Author: arjunajane

Mr ma re, the link doesn''t work for me..?
Can''t see why...works for me just fine. Here it is:

RS_PurpleDia1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
My apologies I've been so lax in responding to this thread - lil snowed under at work..
40.gif

I wanted to give a big thankyou to those folks who posted compliments I have not had a chance to respond to individually,
and also cheers everyone who gave ideas and opinions on the setting.

I haven't made a decision as yet and have a few other projects in line first, but I promise to update when there is progress

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results