shape
carat
color
clarity

Fess Up........Dana's sale.........

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I HOPE a PS'er beat me to the blue spinel in Dana's sale. It looks gorgeous~ and I want to see more of it! :love:

Did the same mystery person snag the other pink spinels as well? Quite a run if so............ :?:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not me, and I hope they went to good homes.

DK :))

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
digdeep said:
I HOPE a PS'er beat me to the blue spinel in Dana's sale. It looks gorgeous~ and I want to see more of it! :love:

Did the same mystery person snag the other pink spinels as well? Quite a run if so............ :?:

Here are the spinels, in case someone wants to see.

33482.jpg

33495.jpg

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
LoversKites|1429467073|3864504 said:
I'm surprised this zircon is still available.

I debated for a couple hours whether to get that one or not, but ended up getting this one instead:

http://mastercutgems.com/preview.php?cat=265&id=8266

I like the fact its unheated, and the dimensions will make it easier to set.

Edit: Nvm I forgot that 99.9% of blue zircon is heated. It just wasn't listed as heated on his page...

33095.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
tourma-guy|1429471449|3864529 said:

I debated for a couple hours whether to get that one or not, but ended up getting this one instead:

Edit: Nvm I forgot that 99.9% of blue zircon is heated. It just wasn't listed as heated on his page...

Oh so it was heated? I don't know if zircon can even come in that colour naturally.

Anyway, it looks great in the photos, I'd love it if you post your own when it arrives.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful zircon.......and when you get it, PPP!! Please post pic's ; )

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

I admit, I emailed Dana about this one.... Not sure if I got it, but we'll see!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Gah! I asked a question and was clarifying her answer when it was bought out from under me. :nono:
I had it sitting in my cart, too. :blackeye:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BlingBunny -

I'm so sorry...it was me. I was looking for a blue zircon having missed out on another one yesterday. So when I saw loverskites post while I was out, I went to buy it as soon as I could get to a computer.

I then saw your first post that you had contacted Dana so sent an email to say if you want it, I'm okay..it's yours. Or I would be happy to sell to you at cost.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
lilmosun -
Oh no, that is really nice of you, but I don't want to take it away from you, either! I had assumed it was a lurker. You snapped it up quickly while I was hesitating, I think you won it fair and square. :)) Do post pics when you get it though, please!!

Edit to add:
Rachelle just said there are several more large pieces of the blue zircon that Dana plans to recut, so there should be another in there for me if I wait a bit. ::) Win-win!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to wait to hear back from Dana about selling to you instead but guess you heard back first. I would NOT enjoy knowing I took it from under someone. There are lots of pretty stones out there :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had the pennies to spare, I would have gone for the round blue zircon posted by tourma-guy.

However, the one that really caught my eyes is the 1.4ct round ruby as I love the colour and it would be perfect for a ring that I have in mind:

http://mastercutgems.com/preview.php?cat=315&id=8357

DK :))

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not sure about emails, but they post on their home page a few weeks before a sale so you have the date and time set. Just wish I hadn't spent so much time reading descriptions..............but I'm not the only one that happened to. Right BlingBunny? Lesson learned............ :wall:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't get anything... It was midnight over here in Asia. Need my beauty sleep! [emoji23]

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
LoversKites|1429473742|3864534 said:
tourma-guy|1429471449|3864529 said:

Oh so it was heated? I don't know if zircon can even come in that colour naturally.

Anyway, it looks great in the photos, I'd love it if you post your own when it arrives.

I will definitely post up some pictures when I get it :)

And yes I had a brain lapse and forgot that almost all blue zircon has been heated in some way. It threw me off because Dana has all his other blue zircons listed as heated, but this one had "natural" under the treatment line. I didn't ask directly if its indeed heated or not, but I think the rule is that its assumed all blue zircons have been heat treated to get the color.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't get an email but saw the notice on the homepage last week. I checked from my phone when it started but didn't realize there was a second page. Then I saw LK's post and at first thought it must've not been one of the newer stones posted. When I got home it still took me awhile on a computer to realize there was a 2nd sale page. Would've gone for the 4 ct round (because its easier to set) but that was gone. (Blingbunny - offer is still open should you change your mind during the week..if I had seen your post first, I would not have bought it...I still feel terrible. I've missed out two in the past month from over thinking myself and waiting won't kill me either).

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, digdeep, Mochiko42 and lilmosun. I'll have to pay attention next time. Tourma-guy, it would be cool if it's unheated.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn't get a chance to get anything this time, but I did purchase a mahenge spinel at his last sale... it was the small one under selling for a friend. Here's the picture. From Dana's site. I already had this one set in a setting I had. I'll post pics later under 'show me your mahenge spinel' thread. Boy! All the stones were snapped up early this morning and I was too late to the party! The blue spinel was so nice! Thanks too for letting us know there are synthetics spinel out there, who would have known?

mahenge_spinel_jackie.jpg

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
digdeep|1429463471|3864492 said:

Digdeep, I'm pleased to report that I purchased the blue spinel from Dana. I was hesitant to post until I heard from Rachelle that it was shipped. I'll be sure to post photos upon receipt. :love:

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay!! Good to hear and anxious to see pic's and read comments when you get it................. :appl:

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Lilmosun, I was the one who purchased the 4.02ct round blue zircon...but I have no setting ideas for it yet :confused: I also got the 1.37ct round yellow chrysoberyl. I'll post pics of them once I received it, still waiting for it to be shipped out :))

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Gemajames, please post lots of pics of your blue spinel! Looks awesome on the site :drool:

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
bling_prism|1429632134|3865332 said:
Lilmosun, I was the one who purchased the 4.02ct round blue zircon...but I have no setting ideas for it yet :confused: I also got the 1.37ct round yellow chrysoberyl. I'll post pics of them once I received it, still waiting for it to be shipped out :))

So you got my zircon's bigger brother :D . Both that and the chrysoberyl were gorgeous!

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Haha yes tourma-guy ain't it fun to know your stone's siblings on PS! :lol: thank you I was looking for a yellow chrysoberyl and i chanced upon it so I added it to the cart right after I finished the last word of Dana's description... :D have you thought of how you're going to set your blue zircon?

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
bling_prism|1429723301|3865936 said:
Haha yes tourma-guy ain't it fun to know your stone's siblings on PS! :lol: thank you I was looking for a yellow chrysoberyl and i chanced upon it so I added it to the cart right after I finished the last word of Dana's description... :D have you thought of how you're going to set your blue zircon?

I'm planning on doing a yellow gold bezel necklace, similar to the one below. Now I just need to find a bezel to put it in. Only found one so far on ebay (similar to the second picture below) but I think I prefer the side attachments. On the plus side though, it is open side so it should let more light into the stone and make it sparkle.

8666817_fpx.jpg

imagescasifni8.jpg

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Mmm that sure looks beautiful tourma-guy! I have a round brilliant set in the exact way you'll like! 18k YG with side attachments and side openings! :) I have attached pics below..

_29405.jpg

_29406.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaguy: that will be lovely. A pop of bright blue on your neckline will be gorgeous!

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
bling_prism|1429818802|3866672 said:
Mmm that sure looks beautiful tourma-guy! I have a round brilliant set in the exact way you'll like! 18k YG with side attachments and side openings! :) I have attached pics below..

Oh wow thats exactly what I had pictured in my head, except blue. Did you purchase it as a set or did you have someone set it for you?

My stone arrived today but I missed to post man so I'll have to grab it on my lunch break tomorrow. ;(

minousbijoux|1429819015|3866676 said:
Tourmaguy: that will be lovely. A pop of bright blue on your neckline will be gorgeous!

Well, it will be on my fiance's neck. I have to live vicariously through her since jewelry is limited for men haha. Its a surprise for her. One of her birth stones is blue zircon, and shes been wanting some jewelry with it for a while. Personally I'm still hunting for the right piece of CS man bling. ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results