clarity

Fess Up........Dana's sale.........

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lucky lady!! :appl: :love:

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
I did a quick and dirty photoshop of what it would look like with the dangle bezel option. I like the idea of a rope style chain, and those two bails are the two designs I like the best out of what I have found for sale. Opinions? I'm leaning towards option 2 (with the simple, smooth bail) if I can't find a side-mount bezel.

option_11.jpg

option_12.jpg

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
tourma-guy|1429832858|3866817 said:
bling_prism|1429818802|3866672 said:
Mmm that sure looks beautiful tourma-guy! I have a round brilliant set in the exact way you'll like! 18k YG with side attachments and side openings! :) I have attached pics below..

Oh wow thats exactly what I had pictured in my head, except blue. Did you purchase it as a set or did you have someone set it for you?

My stone arrived today but I missed to post man so I'll have to grab it on my lunch break tomorrow. ;(

minousbijoux|1429819015|3866676 said:
Tourmaguy: that will be lovely. A pop of bright blue on your neckline will be gorgeous!

Well, it will be on my fiance's neck. I have to live vicariously through her since jewelry is limited for men haha. Its a surprise for her. One of her birth stones is blue zircon, and shes been wanting some jewelry with it for a while. Personally I'm still hunting for the right piece of CS man bling. ::)

Hi Tourma-guy, your fiancé is indeed very lucky! :clap: the stone was purchased and then custom set by my local jeweler (in Singapore) whom we got our engagement ring from :)) I am lucky to find one that does great bezel works. I have another one done by them but in WG and milgrain bezel.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope a pser got this! I really, really love it!

Tourma-guy, it will look great!

31293.jpg

31295.jpg

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
As promised, I finally captured a good photo of the blue spinel. It's a bit shifty depending on the light source. The first photo is Dana's and second is mine which was taken outside in shaded sun with just an iPhone. Needless to say it will be set, worn and loved!

_29680.jpg

_29681.jpg

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's Gorgeous!! :love:

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Thank you digdeep :love:

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Love your blue spinel Gemajames! I just received my blue zircon and yellow chrysoberyl too! The first pic was taken inside my office and the second was outside with a stormy overcast...

_29685.jpg

_29686.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am impressed with how similar the buyer's shots look compared to the vendors. Would those of you who have bought and posted your stones here agree? If so, kudos to Rachelle for doing such a great job with photography! :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely pics, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
bling_prism|1430239144|3869051 said:
Love your blue spinel Gemajames! I just received my blue zircon and yellow chrysoberyl too! The first pic was taken inside my office and the second was outside with a stormy overcast...

Oh wow those are both awesome! I wish I would have grabbed that chryso while I had the chance. :mad: Glad they both went to a good home. :)

minousbijoux|1430240030|3869057 said:
I am impressed with how similar the buyer's shots look compared to the vendors. Would those of you who have bought and posted your stones here agree? If so, kudos to Rachelle for doing such a great job with photography! :appl:

My zircon looks identical to the photos. They did a great job with the photography. The color is slightly different between our pictures, but I blame that on my phone. ::)

zircon_me.jpg

zircon_dana.jpg

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
Minous,

I would say that all of the gems I have purchased from Dana and Rachelle are very close to how they are pictured on their website. I feel they do an exceptional job of capturing what stones will appear like in hand...at least at my lattitude etc.

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
tourma-guy|1430242052|3869082 said:
bling_prism|1430239144|3869051 said:

Oh wow those are both awesome! I wish I would have grabbed that chryso while I had the chance. :mad: Glad they both went to a good home. :)

minousbijoux|1430240030|3869057 said:

My zircon looks identical to the photos. They did a great job with the photography.

Tourma-guy, I was looking for a round chryso that is mostly yellow but most that I have come across while searching had a greenish tint so when I saw this I had to grab it! :love:

I agree that their stones do reflect the photos on their site but i will say it is always almost much nicer in real life, at least for my purchases so far. :)

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
bling_prism|1430243869|3869101 said:
Tourma-guy, I was looking for a round chryso that is mostly yellow but most that I have come across while searching had a greenish tint so when I saw this I had to grab it! :love:

I agree that their stones do reflect the photos on their site but i will say it is always almost much nicer in real life, at least for my purchases so far. :)

Yes I agree. Nothing beats the in-person sparkle!

Huldak

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I just purchased the 1.46 ruby (I thought) but then got the dreaded paypal refund with a note from Dana saying it sold 10 minutes earlier. I hope it was a PSer? ..........

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear that Huldak - that is so frustrating when that happens! Honestly, I think I've been refunded more often than I've actually won things from various sellers.

Huldak

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Minou! My heart did sink. But, I'm consoling myself with the thought of the lovely gem that's currently on its way to me. ;))

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Huldak|1430250806|3869173 said:
Okay, I just purchased the 1.46 ruby (I thought) but then got the dreaded paypal refund with a note from Dana saying it sold 10 minutes earlier. I hope it was a PSer? ..........

Erm Huldak, it was me... :shifty: I was eyeing it when it was listed on the April sale page but really needed more time to think about it so I only went ahead with purchasing the blue zircon and yellow chryso. However days after I still couldn't get it out of my head so I decided to drop Rachelle an email and got it last night (I've a 12-hr time difference with the Reynolds! :wall: )

Huldak

Shiny_Rock
bling_prism|1430269690|3869360 said:
Huldak|1430250806|3869173 said:

Erm Huldak, it was me... :shifty: I was eyeing it when it was listed on the April sale page but really needed more time to think about it so I only went ahead with purchasing the blue zircon and yellow chryso. However days after I still couldn't get it out of my head so I decided to drop Rachelle an email and got it last night (I've a 12-hr time difference with the Reynolds! :wall: )

Bling_prism, you probably did me a favor, as I've been on too much of a buying binge lately! Do post pictures when it arrives. :)) I'm really glad it didn't disappear into the ether but stayed in the family!

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Haha yes Huldak, better in the PS family than elsewhere and I will try to get more pics up when it's here! ;))

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to threadjack , but I was wondering if I could ask bling_prism about who the jewler in Singapore is? The pendent looks beautiful.

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Hi qubitasaurus, are you from Singapore too? The jeweler I used for the pendant is Caratell, located at United Square (Newton area). :))

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I am always struck by how nice everyone is here. I have only been in Singapore a couple of years, and still sometimes feel a little lost. So I appreciate learning from others a lot.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
bling_prism|1430272799|3869399 said:
Hi qubitasaurus, are you from Singapore too? The jeweler I used for the pendant is Caratell, located at United Square (Newton area). :))

I know its probably a long shot, but will they set stones from people who mail them gems? I can't seem to find anyone who does that type of bezel work, and I'm honestly skeptical that my local jeweler will be of any help (but I'll probably still ask them anyways).

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Ah I see! so you have stayed in Singapore for some years qubitasaurus! Do you still come here for visits? :))

Tourma-guy, I can check with them for you and in the event they do accept stones being mailed to them, I will give you their email so that you can liaise with them. :) let me know if this helps!

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
bling_prism|1430321371|3869669 said:
Ah I see! so you have stayed in Singapore for some years qubitasaurus! Do you still come here for visits? :))

Tourma-guy, I can check with them for you and in the event they do accept stones being mailed to them, I will give you their email so that you can liaise with them. :) let me know if this helps!

That would be great! No rush or anything, just whenever you happen to end up back in their shop. :)

Good news is I have an appointment tomorrow with my local jewelry designer to see if he can make bezel settings similar to yours for my zircons.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I must have made that response unneccesaily confusing! I am still livinging Singapore :wavey:

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
tourma-guy|1430324420|3869688 said:
bling_prism|1430321371|3869669 said:

That would be great! No rush or anything, just whenever you happen to end up back in their shop. :)

Good news is I have an appointment tomorrow with my local jewelry designer to see if he can make bezel settings similar to yours for my zircons.

Hi Tourma-guy, no worries at all I just dropped them a call this afternoon and was told that they do accept stones from overseas being mailed to them for setting. However the thing is, they probably deal more with regional countries and thus are unfamiliar with the U.S. customs regulations with regards to shipping the stone back to you. Also, I was surprised to hear that they do not encourage bezel settings for zircon stating the softness of the stone may cause an issue while getting the bezel to "wrap" around the stone. I have no experience with this as I have only done bezel settings for diamonds and a garnet (also set by this jeweler by the way). I'm really sorry if I'm of no help :| they did mention that you can always contact them at [email protected] and below is a link to their website.

www.caratell.com

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
qubitasaurus|1430372473|3869958 said:
Sorry, I must have made that response unneccesaily confusing! I am still livinging Singapore :wavey:

Oh my bad qubitasaurus! I thought you had left and is now living in another country! :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results