shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Intense Green FCD Need opinions.....Kenny?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the very least David you need to report the item as violating listing rules. I've done that on every one I've just found. If enough people do it ............ well we can live in hope! Clearly that's not the Hope diamond that Diamondsbydino will shortly be listing! :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Justin, I found another.
This 6.04 ct. Chopard Dark Blue diamond ring was actioned at Sothbey's for $8 million dollars.
Somehow it's now an $8,000 2.04 Carat Black diamond.

Diamondsbydino should really have a talk with his cutter and deduct that $7,992,000 from the cutter's pay this year.
How does diamondsbydino stay in business?
Maybe he loses money with each sale, but makes it up in volume. :bigsmile:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-54-Carat-Black-Diamond-GIA-Diamond-Engagement-Platinum-Ring-Center-2-04-Carat-/271025086299?pt=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item3f1a5a9f5b

http://www.ranker.com/list/most-expensive-rings/fashionbaby

Astonishingly, when this diamond is loose it's an opaque Radiant cut, but it magically transmorgifies into a dark but transparent asscher when set.
If you don't believe me, go to the first link above and click on both pics.
It's amazing.

chopard.png

magical_radiant_transformer.png

diamondsbydino_2.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps he only sells magical tranfigurating coloured stones and diamonds? :bigsmile:

kee07

Rough_Rock
kenny|1353452523|3311436 said:
I'm certain I've seen this pic too, but have not found the source yet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Three-3-Stone-CornFlower-Blue-Asscher-Cut-Kite-Sapphire-Diamond-950-Ring-/271019531011?pt=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item3f1a05db03

IIRC it was for sale at Graff, Tiffany or Neiman Marcus.
I'm sure I've posted this pic on PS before.
I even remember how I noticed the prongs were not centered on the corner facets.

July of 2010 I posted this diamond pic, but since I lifted it directly from Harry Winston's site it is much more clear.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamonds-vs-sapphires-of-the-same-color.147067/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamonds-vs-sapphires-of-the-same-color.147067/[/URL]

As I remember, it's from Harry Winston :lol:
super stone that will go for millions in auction

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just an eBay update: I suspect they have their best minds working on this now.
In fact, they've been so busy they've not even responded to my report.

I did call the company that stole my photos, and they lied without pause.
I asked if they had the earrings shown in the listing
"No, they are custom made"
So what are you guys showing in the photo
"A pair we made previously"
And these photos are of the pair you made?
"Yes sir!"

It's really sad that unsuspecting buyers are sending these people money....who knows what they are getting.......

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond|1353526122|3312275 said:
Just an eBay update: I suspect they have their best minds working on this now.
In fact, they've been so busy they've not even responded to my report.

I did call the company that stole my photos, and they lied without pause.
I asked if they had the earrings shown in the listing
"No, they are custom made"
So what are you guys showing in the photo
"A pair we made previously"
And these photos are of the pair you made?
"Yes sir!"

It's really sad that unsuspecting buyers are sending these people money....who knows what they are getting.......

Diamondsbydino and clearly morphed into Diamondsbylauren! Actually David it did make me wonder yesterday where they got the idea for their name! Is there not a Better Business Bureau or something like that in the US that could intervene?

BTW if you use the report button on the Ebay listing you never hear back. It's best to call Ebay and yell and scream - they actually then will do something. ;-)

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know LD- they apparently got inspiration from us. Yipee.

Look at the feedback BTW- so bogus ( all private)- yet again, eBay has no interest or ability to stop these shananigans.
I agree that calling eBay is...somehow more satisfying as you can at least have a real person tell you they don;t really care, or can't do anything.
But that takes a lot of time, and you're going to be speaking to someone who really can't do anything about this anyway.
What we're doing right here seems possibly the most impact-full course of action.
The guy on the phone sounded very nice by the way.
Once I let him know they were my photos, he offered to let me speak to the boss- who somehow was not available to take this call......

Look- If I was a fly on the wall in 80% of the booths right downstairs from my office, on 47th street- are consistently using unethical sales techniques that would make any of our regular reader very upset..
But once someone broadcasts this on the web, there really should be some way t intercede......a shame that such remedy does not seem to exist.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately Diamondsbydino have stopped communicating with me. I guess we will never see that GIA Cert. It was only a matter of time before they shut me out.

I still think what we have discovered in this thread was useful and a big eye opener. I am going to continue letting eBay know how I feel and hopefully others will to.

Another course of action may be to go to PayPal directly instead of eBay. Yes I know they are owned by the same parent company but perhaps approaching this from the money side of it would be more fruitful.

PayPal is fairly dedicated to seeing the buyer receive what they paid for.....Hmm not sure just a thought.

LD, Yes we do have a BBB. I will look into contacting them. Again the more people that do this the better!
~Justin

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh, as usual, the vendor evades the questions as much as possible whenever possible. :nono: It is sad to think how many others were scammed.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
A little more research pulled up some very interesting information that I thought should be included in this thread for reference.

This company also does business as "The Loose Diamond". The 800 phone number and address posted on their ebay store matches the info posted on their website: www.theloosediamond.com . Kenny, they also have some nice FCD's listed on their website :twisted:

Additionally, here is the link to the LA Better Business Bureau of complaints even though the company is not registered with the BBB. If you read all of the detailed information in the complaints, it looks like they have a history of misrepresentation in a number of ways including giving FedEx tracking numbers and then not really sending the items, selling enhanced and fracture filled stones when the customer was supposed to receive an un-enhanced stone, and lying to credit card companies that are trying to help resolve customer disputes.

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-reviews/Diamonds-Retail/The-Loose-Diamond-in-Los-Angeles--CA-100087345 - be sure to click on "Read Complaint Details".

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I like the photoshopped "laser inscription".

girdlecloseup.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1353809071|3314818 said:
I like the photoshopped "laser inscription".

:lol: Good find! :lol:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh that's just classic! Great catch VL

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Update: I don;t know if it was my report to eBay or the nasty phone call to the company but my stolen photos are no longer part of their store.
But think about how many people are being misled by all the other stolen images....what a shame- and it really shows the state of eBay today.
Sad.

GeorgeJ

Rough_Rock
Hello, first time poster. I was also curious about this 1.28 ct green diamond on eBay because it seemed to be such a good deal so I contacted the seller to get the GIA report, which I finally got, but I'm very dissapointed because GIA grades it Fancy Intense Green-Yellow so I felt obligatied to add to this thread. The eBay listing (now gone) said Fancy Intense Green and made no mention of any yellow. I have a copy of the report but how to I load a jpg photo here? I tried and failed. When I taked to the seller they insisted GIA graded it Fancy Intense Green, but they said in the comments that GIA mentioned it had a yellowish hue. This seems very dishonest to me. The owner Dino called me and asked me if I was from pricescope. I had not heard of it but he made me curious so searched and found this thread about the 1.28 ct green diamond I was looking into.

GeorgeJ

Rough_Rock
Okay I think I figured it out how to post a jpg.

not_green_but_green-yellow.jpg

GeorgeJ

Rough_Rock
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIA-Certified-Fancy-Deep-Green-1-60-Carat-Radiant-Cut-Natural-Loose-Diamond-/370701858635?pt=Loose_Diamonds&hash=item564f8d774b

He now has a different so-called green diamond he's using the same pic for. This one is graded Fancy Deep Brownish-Greenigh-Yellow by GIA but he just advertises it as Fancy Deep Green. I think not mentioning the brown and yellow and stealing pics and representing them as pics of the diamond for sale is very dishonest, though at least he posted the GIA report for this one.

another_green_diamond_with_same_photo.png

not_pure_green.png

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
GeorgeJ

Welcome to the forum and thank you for contributing!
~Justin

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Just contributing to the discussion on the theft of photos: I'm also in the BJD hobby, where unfortunately photo theft is rampant. =\ Generally, once outed, fraudulent ebay sellers tend to remove the (offensive) photos, but filing a report with ebay is..yeah.

If anyone got ripped off (which I hope not after reading this thread!), there MIGHT be a few sites who can help consumers to get recourse. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the links so... am I allowed to? ^^; <- the newbie-ness showing

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michelle,
As long as it isn't another forum or advertising your sales, it's fine to post a site that helps consumers.

This vendor is plainly out of his mind! :angryfire: George, I take it you got your refund back or you did not have to pay for it prior to the new GIA memo? This is more than just stealing pictures, it is fraud!

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono for the fast reply :)

I'm not sure how helpful these are (I've had a friend file with the Korean police once, but sadly I don't live in the States so I wouldn't really know) but just throwing them out here anyways.

http://www.nw3c.org/services/ISS - I guess high tech crimes also covers internet fraud.
http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx - I believe this is the go-to place...
http://www.econsumer.gov/english/ -specific to cross border complaints. Probably not as useful in this case but just throwing it out again.

Also, obviously your police station is not listed here but should anyone be cheated, file with the local police (preferably local to the seller). The dolly community has brought some people to court that way.

I hope this helps ^^;

justginger

Ideal_Rock
:lol: It makes me laugh that this vendor is aware of PS and how many people it can reach through the miracle of Google. We need to mention the vendor's name over and over, as to boost this thread to the top of the Google returns. He should be ashamed of himself; he is a con artist, no more and no less. :nono:

diamondsbydino

Diamonds by Dino

diamondsbydino ebay

diamondsbydino review

diamondsbydino fraud

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1354352538|3319797 said:
:lol: It makes me laugh that this vendor is aware of PS and how many people it can reach through the miracle of Google. We need to mention the vendor's name over and over, as to boost this thread to the top of the Google returns. He should be ashamed of himself; he is a con artist, no more and no less. :nono:

diamondsbydino

Diamonds by Dino

diamondsbydino ebay

diamondsbydino review

diamondsbydino fraud

Nice one JustGinger. I'm going to open a thread with this as the heading and then link to this thread - that should show up in internet searches a little easier!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I'm still back on how does this scam artist make any money? I get it that DiamondsbyDino or Diamonds by Dino or The Loose Diamond are all related and use 100% fraudulent tactics to sell their crap. But what happens when someone actually buys, anticipating whatever stone is in the stolen photos? Is the money making part that they string the customer along until the buyer protection period with ebay is over and then they keep the money and the buyer is SOL? If that is the case, they'd have bad feedback. If the bad feedback killed their business, they would start up again as a new company, right? So they would constantly be changing their name in order to continue defrauding individuals. So where is the constant that sustains them - or what am I overlooking?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Minous, I think you are assuming that everyone who buys from them is dissatisfied or even figures out that their purchase doesn't match. Perhaps they manage to make the return time stretch way past the buyer's feedback time, then only the unsuspecting rubes constitute their feedback.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one with the pink emerald cut diamond said it was a total of 3 carats in the ring, a 1.5 pink diamond and two side diamonds that total .43 cts. I don't know where they are getting 3 carats instead of 2??? Dishonest AND bad at math.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I wonder what consumers are actually receiving. Well made fakes?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wondering how they supply a customer anything remotely resembling their stolen photos, I looked up complaints against them. It seems they don't bother with similarity. This is from a complaint board.

They operate under 4 different names: DiamondsbyDino, TheLooseDiamond, Blue Apple Diamonds, The Natural Diamond.

Here is the complaint, posted just 2 days ago. Don't know why they aren't in jail!

DIAMONDS BY DINO
Posted: 2013-03-10 by ds2

FALSE EDVERTISING / PRODUCT ISSUES / FRAUD

Contact information:
THE LOOSE DIAMOND INC
California
United States
ALSO KNOWS AS:THE LOOSE DIAMOND INC

Los Angeles, California
United States

THELOOSEDIAMOND.COM

I PURCHASED THE FOLLOWING ON EBAY FROM BLUE APPLE DIAMONDS (ALSO KNOWN AS NATURAL DIAMOND CENTER, THE LOOSE DIAMOND INC, DIAMONDS BY DINO)

2.41 tcw Princess Certified H VS2 Diamond Three 3-Stone Engagement... (140887730069)
center diamond: 0.91 ct VS2 H
additional 1.50 ct in setting, all VS2 H color

I received:

1.61 tcw Diamond Three 3-Stone Engagement ring
.90 ct center (approx) I1 clarity, fracture filled and J color
additional 0.70 ct in setting
but with a false certificate and appraisal claiming:
2.41 tcw Princess Certified H VS2 Diamond Three 3-Stone Engagement ring
center diamond: 0.91 ct VS2 H
additional 1.50 ct in setting, all VS2 H color

This company is famous for selling you one thing and sending out something completely different with false certificates and appraisals.
Anyone who leaves negative feedback on EBay for them is bribed (they will give money) into removing it.
After 4 months of back and forth with them, including sending the ring back and receiving another claiming to be a VS1 G (actual is SI2 at most) they have stated that there is nothing else they can do to remedy and it is not their fault if I am not happy with what I have purchased. They are content to leave it at that as I waited patiently for them to remedy the situation and by then my time was up for leaving EBay feedback
CHECK BBB BEFORE PURCHASING !!! BUSINESS NAME : THE LOOSE DIAMOND INC

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shocking and like you, I cannot believe they haven't been charged with fraud as well! :angryfire:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results