shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy colored diamond collection...what next?

What color next?

• Chameleon

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • another pink

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Green non-Chameleon

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have been collecting small fancy colored diamonds for quite a few years. I've got 7 that together total 1.33 carats. My collection is below. I think I've got too much yellow and orange. What color do you think I should get next to help balance it out?

sparkly things.JPG

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely FCD collection and pic. :appl:

If you share my goal of a complete a rainbow of small natural FCDs, and will eventually add more stones, the next addition might be a green or a blue diamond, without modifiers if possible. :Up_to_something:
If you will be adding one stone and stopping then I'd get some combination of Blue and Green.

This green is small, but OH that color does not come along often. http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/5738.htm
Being this small I could see it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to afford such color.
Small is not necessarily wimpy; I have an 8-point Fancy Intense Greenish-Blue pear that screams color and holds its own next to FCDs 4 times it's weight.

BTW, you said you feel that you may have too much yellow.
If they are from Leibish you may be able to use one to help pay for a new one.
It never hurts to ask.

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
I do admire your collection Kenny. I would like to eventually turn my collection into a pendant, so I do want a nice variety of colors.

The smallest one is actually a fancy greenish blue. The photo doesn't show it well though.

I did see that green. I'm afraid even at that small it's out of budget. I'm shopping the under 5k range.

They are from Leibish. I will definitely ask if I can trade up.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually, i think your collection is stunningly beautiful "as is"! but i do support purchasing another stone....because one can never have too many.... =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results