shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy brown diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a fancy brown diamond over a carat in size (I think it's between 1.25 and 1.75 carats, I forget, but I know it's way over a carat). Do you think it's worth setting. It's SI in clarity and no eye visible anything. I have never been into brown diamonds, but 15 years ago, when I bought it, they were going for next to nothing. Now they're all the rage, so I thought it might be worth setting since it's large. I was thinking a white gold halo.

What do you think? Be truthful now.

Here is a side shot of it. Every time I hover directly over it with the camera, it gets too dark, especially with my macro mode.

It's a pure champagne brown, a little on the darker side of champagne, but not quite cognac. It does sparkle. This shot was taken in fairly low level incandescent light.

brownone.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s another shot, albeit kind of fuzzy. The camera left a pronounced shadow on this making it look a lot darker than it is. It''s dark, but not this dark.

brownthree.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chocolate and champagne diamonds are quite pretty. If you think you would enjoy wearing it I think it would look gorgeous in a halo.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I think it is a beautiful stone, but I think it would look really great in a modern or bezel setting. I would also look at yellow gold too.
Just my .02. No matter what, it will be a fun project for you!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I think its beautiful. My first thought was that it would look smashing in a rose gold setting!
31.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 1:04:12 AM
Author: luvmyhalo
I think its beautiful. My first thought was that it would look smashing in a rose gold setting!
31.gif
I have always liked brownies...a rose gold setting would be killer for this stone.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous! Do you know what the diameter is on it? I''m not usually a fan of yellow gold, but I think this beauty might benefit from it-because I love gold and brown together.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 1:41:54 AM
Author: jewelerman
Date: 10/12/2008 1:04:12 AM

Author: luvmyhalo

31.gif
I have always liked brownies...a rose gold setting would be killer for this stone.

I thought the same thing!!! I love this stone and would love to see it set in rose gold

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If it''s, as you say, light brown I''d think twice about white gold since

a) it won''t make much of a contrast (metal and stone will almost blend)
b) white gold will make the stone look a bit washed out (ring might look...boring).

If it were dark brown, white gold would make a striking look. This way, if you''d like it to look goldenish set it in yellow, if you''d like it (kind of) light mahagony set it in rose gold. Both can be nice.

If you''re keen on white gold I''d suggest an alternating halo of white and cognac diamonds to make it a bit unusual.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s very worth setting. From the pictures, it''s beautiful! I love the idea of yellow gold with a halo, mmmmmmmmmm!!!
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oo, please consider rose or yellow gold for your chocolate diamond?!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely and I think would look wonderful with a halo. Just a warning - I''ve got a 1ct pear that has tons of fire but I had it bezel set and it''s really squashed the life out of it. The setting is horrible so I''m changing it anyway but ..........

In terms of the colours of gold, IMVHO some browns looks better in yellow, some white and some rose gold. Here''s the pear I mentioned above and it''s set it white. Although I don''t like the setting, I do like the white against the brown.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s one that looks gorgeous in yellow gold. I get compliments on this one all the time.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I think champagne colored stones are very pretty! You should certainly set it. I would also consider white diamonds in the setting (either in shank, or halo - visibly flanking it somehow).

Here is one in rose, so GORGEOUS, it''s gisellem''s and I believe it is a pink champagne, but you can see the brown tones:

gsring307.jpg

And here''s a yellow brown (I just can''t get it right, can I?) But I love how the rose makes it POP! This one belongs to Asscherhalo lover:

pinkhaloringnewshots061.jpg

Now I promise I''ll post some real brown/champagne diamond setting options!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
This one has a quartz centerstone, but the color is brown. What's unique about it are the brown accent stones in the halo. This one's my favorite!

Hope these helped!

ETA: I think it would look even better in rose gold!!

BrownDiamondQuartzCS.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 7:58:27 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Date: 10/12/2008 7:49:54 AM

Author: somehowcollide

Now THAT''S a brown diamond. WOW!

Do you mean this one LovingDiamonds?

browndiamond1.jpg

It is a stunner!
30.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, that''s the one!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I woke up this morning and found so many replies, I was in shock. I had no idea that people would be this enthusiastic about a brown diamond.

I believe it to be a medium dark toned yellowish brown after looking at fancy colored diamond websites. I''m just in shock at how much $$ they want for these diamonds today!! My mm gage is pretty archaic, but it''s around 6 to 7 mm in size. I''m guessing it''s around 1.25 carats. I know when I bought it, it was somewhere over a carat.

Here''s another good pic which I think shows it''s true color with the morning dim sun peaking through the blinds on my window.

I''m really loving the idea of rose gold, but not so sure it would work out with a brownish yellow diamond. Any thoughts on that?

brownfour.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2008 7:49:24 AM
I think champagne colored stones are very pretty! You should certainly set it. I would also consider white diamonds in the setting (either in shank, or halo - visibly flanking it somehow).

Here is one in rose, so GORGEOUS, it's gisellem's and I believe it is a pink champagne, but you can see the brown tones:

gsring307.jpg

And here's a yellow brown (I just can't get it right, can I?) But I love how the rose makes it POP! This one belongs to Asscherhalo lover:

Now I promise I'll post some real brown/champagne diamond setting options!
I have a brownish pink diamond I'm currently trying to get set with rose gold prongs. Thanks for the pic, it's gorgeous and gives a me a great idea of what it will look like. Here's a pic of my brownish pink (not to confuse this with the brown that's the topic of this thread). I should actually post a pic of the brown and the brownish pink next to each other since it shows that browns can come in so many different colors.

brownishpinkd.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2008 8:01:28 AM

Date: 10/12/2008 7:58:27 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Date: 10/12/2008 7:49:54 AM

Now THAT''S a brown diamond. WOW!

Do you mean this one LovingDiamonds?

browndiamond1.jpg

It is a stunner!
30.gif
That ring is from Fairchild & Co. Fine Jewelers in Santa Fe. Whenever I''m there I always go in and drool on their gorgeous brown diamonds. They always seem to have quite a few....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think they''d accept one of my kidneys as payment?
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
This store is local to me, and has alot of champagne diamond jewellery http://www.ninasjewellery.com.au/

Personally, I think a bezel would work fab, with a mix of white and yellow/rose gold..

B01-020151-1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Anyone seen a brown with perfect arrows before?! Funny, the listing didn't even mention the cut..

B01-010222-2.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And this was my fave design, but perhap in YG - if budget permits, I love the idea of some white diamond accents.

Somehowcollide, that 3 stone you posted was amazing! I know some experts think champagne diamonds are no good, but I've always thought them pretty..

B01-010316-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results