shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yvonne suggested her signature hexagon setting for my unheated purple tanzanite (center) and brazilian alexandrite pair. Admittedly I was on the fence as I am not into dainty rings so she made this a 5 stone ring for finger coverage. Very sparkly in person too and admittedly surprised how much I love it.

ring-unheated_tanzi_and_alex.jpg

excuse the sideways pic :doh: :doh:

Here is hers :)

tanzi-alex_ring.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1452997406|3977037 said:
Yvonne suggested her signature hexagon setting for my unheated purple tanzanite (center) and brazilian alexandrite pair. Admittedly I was on the fence as I am not into dainty rings so she made this a 5 stone ring for finger coverage. Very sparkly in person too and admittedly surprised how much I love it.

tanzi-alex_ring.jpg

Oh my gosh, I am loving this so much! :love:
The color combo is great and I think the 5 stone was a perfect choice.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Limosun that is a lovely ring! I think the colors are great together and it gives awesome finger coverage :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs: yay!!! Your gem silica ring looks amazing. I love the 'vintage' vibe it radiates. Looking forward to see your pics!!!

lilmosun: you are the queen of combined colors. Your ring is stunning!!! I love love love this version: amazing colors and such a gorgeous design where the stones come to live.

Thank you for your kind words on my Alistair Kelsey ring Hounddog and Lovedogs :wavey:
picante and lilmosun: aww, thank you! I can really recommend working with Alistair. I created a thread to showcase the work he made for PS-ers. I hope to see more of his work here. It was Pyramid who 'introduced' Alistair Kelsey on PS I think with her natural blue topazes from Doug Menadue. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-alistair-kelsey-collection.218921/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-alistair-kelsey-collection.218921/[/URL]

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you elle, lovedogs and Acinom. I love how it is so sparkly and looks good in all lights. Yvonne deserves all the credit for my color combinations, I've learned to really trust her eye.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
acinom so looking forward to seeing your elegant zircon on your hand. I, too, love the knife edge and I think the pink gold and green blue zircon will look so lovely with your skin tone and color

lovedogs I like the sleek cab in the detailed vintage setting. Please start a thread when this arrives so we can also ask you about the process working with mdz on a customized setting. Plus we will all want to rave over the gem silica.

lilmosun the purple tanzanite 5 stone looks great. And I think here is sufficient finger coverage. I. do so love Yvonne's eye for greens teals and purples. And how special to have an unheated purple tanzanite!!! What are the specs on the center gem?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun said:

tanzi-alex_ring.jpg

I adore this ring! Where is it from?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lilmosun the ring is gorgeous and it has excellent finger coverage!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lovinggems, sungura and pearaffair!

Sungura - The center stone is a 1.01 ct. (8 x 5.5 mm) unheated/untreated purple tanzanite. I got offered it when a friend (who originally purchased it from Yvonne) couldn't sell it on LT.

pearaffair - The ring was made by Yvonne Raley of Cecile Raley Designs on etsy ( https://www.etsy.com/shop/yvonneraley ). I keep hoping someone will start a Yvonne thread as so many PSers have beautiful pieces made by her.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks lilmosun. Seems like Yvonne's rock star center fit your tanzanite into her existing 7x5 setting. I like how so many of her settings Have wiggle room. But of course that flexibility means the setter needs to be more capable Its a beautiful ring and gem. Glad it's getting attention

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my two rings from MDZ to add to this thread! The zircon ring was around $900-1000 (including stone + setting), and the gem silica was around $500 :appl:

Gem silica up first:

20160122_191102.jpg 20160122_191110.jpg 20160122_191045.jpg

Now on to the zircon:

20160122_191156.jpg
20160122_191145.jpg
20160122_191123.jpg

And "group" pics (some with the Alistair Kelsey ring too just for fun, since that was also under 1250!)

20160122_191237.jpg 20160122_190949.jpg 20160122_191029.jpg 20160122_191243.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs--love your rings...I think we share an addiction to blue-green and green-blue stones :) A translucent gem silica that is still on my wish list.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
lovedogs you must be over the moon to receive those three awesome rings all in 2 weeks. Bravo!!!! Please please start a thread for the two MDZ rings.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have received 3 truly amazing rings this week. I cannot believe these are all under 1.250$; each of them looks sophisticated and chique.
Love the colour and playful vintage like setting of the gem silica ring. It shows how a smaller stone takes center stage because it has oomph.
And that zircon ring is really up my alley. I love the sophisticated blue green as well as the 'new classic' setting. Beautiful diamonds and engraving in the shank!!!
You know I love love love the fluidity of the iolite sunstone in the Alistair Kelsey ring. It looks so beautiful on your hand. Out of curiosity: what metal colors would match with the iolite besides white gold? Would rose or yellow gold distract from the unique features of the stone?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1453532412|3980121 said:
You have received 3 truly amazing rings this week. I cannot believe these are all under 1.250$; each of them looks sophisticated and chique.
Love the colour and playful vintage like setting of the gem silica ring. It shows how a smaller stone takes center stage because it has oomph.
And that zircon ring is really up my alley. I love the sophisticated blue green as well as the 'new classic' setting. Beautiful diamonds and engraving in the shank!!!
You know I love love love the fluidity of the iolite sunstone in the Alistair Kelsey ring. It looks so beautiful on your hand. Out of curiosity: what metal colors would match with the iolite besides white gold? Would rose or yellow gold distract from the unique features of the stone?

Thank you Acinom for the kind words! About the iolite--hmmm, I'm trying to think about other metal colors. IMHO the "firecrackers" that I see in the stone might be an odd match with rose gold (but that might be just because I am not a huge fan of rose gold on my skin tone), but I think it would work with YG.

Here, I made some "mock ups" of it with different colors of gold so you can see :)

RG%20iolite.jpg iolite_YG.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great lovedogs. Thank you for these mock ups!!
I completely agree on your observation that white and yellow complements these stones best if they have this particular coloring. Great to see this example.

fel

Shiny_Rock
Just picked up this modernist moonstone ring for under $300. The stone is amazing -- hard to display in pictures. It shifts from blue to violet depending on the light. In direct light the color is much brighter than in the first two pictures.

_36203.jpg

_36204.jpg

moonstone_dark.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fel|1453784763|3981574 said:
Just picked up this modernist moonstone ring for under $300. The stone is amazing -- hard to display in pictures. It shifts from blue to violet depending on the light. In direct light the color is much brighter than in the first two pictures.

Wow, what a unique and modern ring! The moonstone looks gorgeous! Very impressed at the price too--it looks far more expensive! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Limosun,
I wish I'd seen your tanzanite ring earlier. I don't always peek here when pressed for time. It's gorgeous! Good colour balance, good proportions and it's just right!

Fel,
Your moonstone ring is a wonderful twist for a pear. Great find!

fel

Shiny_Rock
This is my first moonstone. The color is so neon and dynamic in the stone, it seems somehow fake to me (like a rainbow topaz). Do you think I'll get used to it? Do the rest of you who wear moonstones ever have that sense?

Also there is so much gold in the ring that it feels heavy on my finger. I guess I am lucky the seller did not list the weight, as that might have brought up the price.

*Lovedogs--I *love* the color of the zircon above (by the way, I also love dogs!) I have tried getting zircons a few times online, and have always returned them as the color never looked as good in real life. That to me is the ideal zircon color.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love that moonstone!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
fel said:
This is my first moonstone. The color is so neon and dynamic in the stone, it seems somehow fake to me (like a rainbow topaz). Do you think I'll get used to it? Do the rest of you who wear moonstones ever have that sense?

Also there is so much gold in the ring that it feels heavy on my finger. I guess I am lucky the seller did not list the weight, as that might have brought up the price.

*Lovedogs--I *love* the color of the zircon above (by the way, I also love dogs!) I have tried getting zircons a few times online, and have always returned them as the color never looked as good in real life. That to me is the ideal zircon color.

I LOVE it! Where did you find it? It's incredible. I would've guessed $1500-2000.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh :love:
That moonstone ring!! What a stunning ring. It radiates refinement and luxury.

fel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments. It was from a seller I was not previously familiar with on eBay. I'd be glad to give her name (us_glea), but I do not think this ring is typical of her pieces. Also beware she does not take returns.

I did not realize I was buying such a bright stone -- I thought it was going to be light lavender like in the first two pictures. Really I just loved the modernist design, the creative use of the teardrop stone in an organic semi-bezel, and the 3-dimensional galley view where the stone arches above the diamonds. The neon sapphire-like blue that radiates from the stone was a complete surprise -- I wasn't very familiar with "gemmy" moonstones, having only seen them in pictures. The moonstones I have seen at stores (including in India) have always been rather milky. This one is eye-clean. I didn't even know that was possible. (But now I see they have some on the Fay Cullen website, as well as a few here on Pricescope).

I suspect when I wear this out most people will think it is glass or a mood-ring...

Does anyone know the maker BSI? That is what is hallmarked on the ring. The only company with that name is a large firm out of Thailand, but their style and quality does not match this. The shape of the ring has a lot of oddities that suggest it was hand forged rather than mass produced.

I am thinking the ring is from the 1960's to 80's, but it could be contemporary. Any thoughts on the maker would be appreciated.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1447734853|3950634 said:
Those HoW pieces are gorgeous...hard to believe they are both under $1200. I wish I had the courage to send my stones overseas.

I have two smaller (under 1 ct) additions to my family.
Unheated ceylon sapphire in a preloved setting - $650 total
Red burmese spinel in another 18k setting from my retired jeweler - $850 total

ring-sapphire-ceylon-blue.jpg

ring-spinel-red-burma.jpg

I can pretty much say I have everything I want at this point. Trying to wrap up a few things before I make my attempt on a big ban :angel:

Lilmosun, I totally adore your sapphire ring. If you ever decide to sell it, pretty please give me a hint and I would love to be first in the line.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up my 2 Alistair Kelsey rings of which one comes under 1250 USD in total. It has a beautiful zircon from Chris Auletta.
It's handmade in 18 kt rose gold with an 18 kt white gold wire head. The detailing is sublime.

_1841.jpeg

_1843.jpeg

_1844.jpeg

_1846.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom: I just adore your new ring!!! The zircon is a wonderful color, and AK did gorgeous work making everything flow and look delicate but still have a presence in your hand. Can't believe it came in under $1250! :appl:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom, you did amazing with that ring! I love it. I have avoided a simple solitaire at times for not wanting too delicate a ring, but think that yours is perfect.

I have two rings to share.... The total for both is under $1250.... I used mydiamondzone for settings; the afghan tourmaline is from Ryan quantz and the amethyst was sold as a Four Peaks ammy, cut in a glitter hex by Brett Kosnar. I seriously love the ammy; it dances and flashes and is so much fun to admire. MDZ cut the prongs to sharp points for me, I think it really goes with the hex gem. Unfortunately, this ring is for my sister, Tracy, who lived in the Four Peaks area of AZ for years and hikes there and loves the area. Waa. I don't wanna give it up. It was a great value since I got the gem from the fb auction and then the setting was so reasonable. The tourmaline I had set in 18k rose gold, but, I probably will not do that again as it does not match my other 18k gold pieces as I had hoped.

_36350.jpg

_36351.jpg

_36352.jpg

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shots

_36353.jpg

_36354.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love the ammy and green tourm rings!!! As well as everything else!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results