carat
color
clarity

Emerald ring

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally got around to taking pics!
I love love love this ring. I finally understand what all the fuss about emeralds is about. The velvety blue green glow...yyuuummmm

This emerald was sold to me by another PSer as columbian and older, it's right around 1 ct. Sold as oiled, but my jeweler says she likely took out all the oil during the post-setting cleaning process. So in these photos, it's not oiled, or at least is minimally so. I'm thinking about getting it re oiled, though it's beautiful the way it is. What do you think? Is oiling in anyway protective?

The setting is by a local jeweler, all hand made, and she put a nice subtle hammer finish on the band. I wanted something strong and structural though would protect the emerald. Size 5.

_21953.jpg

_21955.jpg

_21957.jpg

_21959.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It even holds its own against my diamond 5 stone which is no small task!

_21960.jpg

_21961.jpg

_21962.jpg

_21963.jpg

sunnybunny

Rough_Rock
Wow :love: that glowy emerald is beautiful! I love how the ring is all about the emerald.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!! Look at that lovely glow! And the setting is perfect for it - love that design!!

Good work by your local bench, too. I'm very impressed! Enjoy - its a beauty! (And your 5 stone ... um... its pretty stunning too!!) :drool: :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
...heh heh heh....more emerald converts.....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! If the current clarity doesn't bother you, then I probably would leave it as is.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very beautiful MTG and I agree that the setting really lets the emerald take centre stage. Congratulations, it's stunning.

There was a thread sometime ago where Embassy Emeralds (?) explained all about oiling emeralds - when and how. You might try a search for it.

S

SparkliesLuver

I can see why you love the ring so much! :love: The color and glow of the emerald is divine, and I really like the unique setting. Congrats on yet another beauty! (I also paused to admire your blingy 5-stone. :D )

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin said:
Very, very beautiful MTG and I agree that the setting really lets the emerald take centre stage. Congratulations, it's stunning.

There was a thread sometime ago where Embassy Emeralds (?) explained all about oiling emeralds - when and how. You might try a search for it.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/treatment-on-an-emerald-araldite.195788/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/treatment-on-an-emerald-araldite.195788/page-2[/URL]

;-)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Love the emerald and your setting! Another stone on my wish list. Very nice find :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!

On closer inspection I noticed something that is either a surface breaking inclusion or a scratch. :/ Thankfully the color is so gorgeous I don't really care either way, but might play a factor into whether to oil or not...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Hey MTG, I looked at the original picture that you posted when you bought the stone and I see some inclusions, butit looks so beautiful in your pics! It's great that you took a risk, and I agree with you that any inclusions are overcome by the color.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1409927292|3745377 said:
Hey MTG, I looked at the original picture that you posted when you bought the stone and I see some inclusions, butit looks so beautiful in your pics! It's great that you took a risk, and I agree with you that any inclusions are overcome by the color.

Yeah, and it's funny that I find that it bothers me less especially since it's a step cut, no idea why that is, but in brilliant cuts, inclusions bug me a lot more even though you'd think they'd be harder to see...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color and love the setting too. :love: Beautiful! Going green was never so easy. :naughty:
Wear in health and happiness. :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's beautiful, I love emeralds that glow!!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1410008309|3745892 said:
Gorgeous color and love the setting too. :love: Beautiful! Going green was never so easy. :naughty:
Wear in health and happiness. :appl:

Yeah it's funny how many green gems I have considering my favorite colors are blue and red...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I typically haven't been a huge fan of emeralds, but you're starting to convert me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results