shape
carat
color
clarity

eBay and International buyers

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is anyone else outside the US having problems with eBay?

For a while now, eBay doesn't show me item marked "shipped worldwide". However, if I ask it to show me items that ship to the US, suddenly I can see the worldwide shipping, too. This is ridiculously frustrating. Until yesterday, I could get around it by changing the shipping location on the listings page but that button disappeared. I want my Ulli fix!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been having the same problem for months. It's been very frustrating. (Sorry, no idea how to fix it, either.)

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I gave in and I used an American address in my profile (actually, not an American address but my own address with an American city and State). Curiously, I can leave the shipping address pointing to me as long as the contact address is in the US.

I feel rather yucky doing this, though.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Same problem in europe.

And - for example Tan - in the shop "0 items" !!!

If I go on feedback I see there are items - problem with asian shops esp. Thailand!!

I left Ebay - will not use it again for a while.

I want to decide what I buy and not this f***ing company!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I had that problem too on a site I check once in a while. I thought they had quit or something. Boy, am I dumb. Glad to know what it is, though it makes eBay not worth the little I used it anyway.

--- Laurie

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yeah, I am no fan of eBay either. Other than Uli and one or two other stone vendors, I don't go there.

I do think it is terrible for the vendors, though. I would not be happy if my listings didn't show up to a significant number of potential buyers because the platform is badly implemented. I wonder if any of them felt their sales go down.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a problem with Uli and ebay?? Can you see his listed gems?? I can talk to him .

He has exclusions for some countries ( Germany - and I understand why!! :D )!

----

I think it is unbelievable that there is censorship by Ebay!! It is o.k. if a vendor kicks some customers out - to many returns or no payment.

But the vendor pays for it and we want the whole worldwide offered gems ( f. example a Mahenge) and not only europe and USA/CDN and Australia!!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The problem isn't with Uli, specifically. It is with buyers outside the US and vendors that say the ship worldwide. Unless I rig my profile, I can't see anything Uli, Brad, Dan, AmericanThai, Gemnut, etc list (and, no, I am not on their black list*), even though they all ship to me. As soon as I set my profile to the US, I can see things again.

I don't think it is a question of censorship (that wouldn't make a lot of sense) but of badly implemented algorithms.

*ok, I think AmericanThai may have black listed me many years ago but let's not go into that.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain said:
The problem isn't with Uli, specifically. It is with buyers outside the US and vendors that say the ship worldwide. Unless I rig my profile, I can't see anything Uli, Brad, Dan, AmericanThai, Gemnut, etc list (and, no, I am not on their black list*), even though they all ship to me. As soon as I set my profile to the US, I can see things again.

I don't think it is a question of censorship (that wouldn't make a lot of sense) but of badly implemented algorithms.

*ok, I think AmericanThai may have black listed me many years ago but let's not go into that.
+1 eg. For Jeff Davies, Tan, and others, the default store listings shows up as no listings when my "ships to" is set to Hong Kong, but when I change it to "US" on the drop down menu I can then see all the listings. Jeff and Tan do offer worldwide shipping (have bought from them before) so I should be able to see his listings even if my shipping address is outside the United States...

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Uli told me that he can't see his listed gems too.

If he talks to Ebay they can't help - nice people, nice answers but no solution.

A computer problem for such a long time?? I don' t know???

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
mochiko42|1406853922|3724130 said:
Lady_Disdain said:

+1 eg. For Jeff Davies, Tan, and others, the default store listings shows up as no listings when my "ships to" is set to Hong Kong, but when I change it to "US" on the drop down menu I can then see all the listings. Jeff and Tan do offer worldwide shipping (have bought from them before) so I should be able to see his listings even if my shipping address is outside the United States...

That drop down menu was not there yesterday. At least, not for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results