shape
carat
color
clarity

CS jewelry with uncommon designs?

gayani1

Shiny_Rock
often,we see solitaire rings,3 stone rings,halo rings, halo pendants,solitaire pendants,eternity rings,ear studs etc i thought we shall have a thread to post photos of CS pieces which are different than those... so if you own pieces with uncommon designs/if you find pics of such pieces from the net, pls post here :) so that when we plan future projects we can take inspiration from them.

thank you :)

X6

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your pictures.
How about this one:

ssy.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I love all of those! Especially the pendant, though. Gorgeous.

How about these?

Seaman Schepps -- material is the most unusual part. Diamonds & ivory from a mammoth tusk!

Russian ring, 14k, old mine diamond in his mouth, rose-cut diamonds for eyes. Carries its history with it: scratched on the inside of the shank are a Star of David, the owner's name in Cyrllic, and the date 1918.

xxx_20_1392648576_1.jpg

gold_diamond_lion_ring.jpg

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I have posted this picture before. Found this unique ring on ebay. I didn't get it though. It was too expensive.

clockring.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love Seaman Schepps. Here's one of their well known designs with seashell and turquoise.

seamanschepps.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to have those seashell earrings. I just ran into a neighbor who told me that friends of his won millions in the Florida lottery. Why can't it happen to ME? (Whine.) TxGE -- I can see that ring catching on every. thing.!

--- Laurie

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I can't keep my mouth...er, keyboard...shut on these. Isn't that a lovely brooch, LK? The agate itself is wonderful but the bezel actually beautiful. Simple, luxurious, elegant & always stylish in any era. That, to me, is the height of jewelry design & craft.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1393176051|3621211 said:
I can't keep my mouth...er, keyboard...shut on these. Isn't that a lovely brooch, LK? The agate itself is wonderful but the bezel actually beautiful. Simple, luxurious, elegant & always stylish in any era. That, to me, is the height of jewelry design & craft.

I know! Its a perfect combination of nature's beauty and man's workmanship. One of my favourite pieces I've ever seen. Unfortunately I don't have 25k.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I agree. The manmade design is classic and timeless, and the stone is a example of the natural beauty.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I was just searching on Macy's online and came across this beauty.

I can't figure out how to click and save the picture so I'll just provide the link and description. You can probably google it and find it.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...LinkType=#fn=JEWELRY_TYPE=Rings&sp=3&spc=1553

Description:

EFFY Signature White (1-3/4 ct. t.w.) and Black Diamond (1/8 ct. t.w.) and Emerald Accent Panther 2 Finger Ring in 14k Rose Gold Web ID: 839246

I'd definitely wear it...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
txgreeneyes|1393209364|3621565 said:
I was just searching on Macy's online and came across this beauty.

I can't figure out how to click and save the picture so I'll just provide the link and description. You can probably google it and find it.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...LinkType=#fn=JEWELRY_TYPE=Rings&sp=3&spc=1553

Description:

EFFY Signature White (1-3/4 ct. t.w.) and Black Diamond (1/8 ct. t.w.) and Emerald Accent Panther 2 Finger Ring in 14k Rose Gold Web ID: 839246

I'd definitely wear it...
Here is the pic:

_15245.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I agree JF, this piece is mighty grand. The agate itself is everything I would want in a moss agate composition. There is foreground, figure, mid range and distance, and elements from each extend into the others giving a great sense of depth and perspective. Honestly, the mount looks turn of the century Russian, Wigstrom perhaps? If it were a pillbox I would NEED it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me as another who is amazed with the Romanov moss agate brooch; it looks simple yet there is so much depth to it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are from my Eye Candy folder so I don't know who to credit the original pictures to.

birdpearlrubellite.jpg

wildrosesbroochtsav.jpg

fabulous_18k_rose_gold_and_micro_pave_diamond_flower_ring_1.jpg

cartier-and-america_0128br.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Kenny took these pictures at a gem exhibit?

_15256.jpg

butterflybenitoite.jpg

butterflyhiddenitetourmlabradoriteredberyl.jpg

butterflyimperialbluetopazrainbowmoon.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More butterflies...

butterflyintarsiamalachitemainetourm.jpg

butterflyperidotspess.jpg

butterflyrhodochrositeapatitespheneopal.jpg

butterflyspesstsav.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterflies rules. :lol: Actually, these are the last of the butterfly pictures. :halo:

butterflysphenecassiterite.jpg

butterflyspineljeremejevite.jpg

butterflystilbiotantalitehauyne.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are unbelievably beautiful, Chrono - all of them. I wonder if the first few non-butterflies you posted are Tremblant? Anyway, beautiful workmanship.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones & workmanship. The benitoite one makes me want to run out & buy a basketful.

Chrono, I think the 1st bird you posted is Sterle (accent aigu on the last e). They did some creative things with baroque pearls:

And this looks like a conch pearl -- or maybe it's coral, it's awfully perfectly round. Different & nice, whatever.

sterle-bird-brooch-18k-gold-pearl-coral1-246x300.jpg

b2f8e0a268f6c6b4d42e37d71871ae6f.jpg

sterle_1957.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I could play this game forever! My Fabulous Jewelry folder is the biggest one on my computer.

Speaking of birds, this one is unique -- the wing is a slice off of a gray diamond. Unsigned, maker unknown.

This pearl necklace makes me drool. The clasp is tdf! Unsigned again. Tragic how many superb craftsmen didn't sign their work & their names are lost to history -- but not their skill.

Schlumberger brooch w/rubies. I love how fresh & individual it is:

A brooch with coral, sappphires, emeralds & diamonds, David Webb.

Whether or not you'd want to wear all of these, they are stunning examples of jewelry as art. I'm so glad to see it being recognized as such lately.

--- Laurie

_15257.jpg

_15258.jpg

schlumberger_rubies.jpg

webb_coral_brooch.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
No pictures to add but wanted to thank everyone for posting such gorgeous pieces of jewelry/art. Lovely!!! :cheeky: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results