shape
carat
color
clarity

Creating my dream paraiba ring

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! A dream ring indeed. Beautiful from every angle possible and with amazing details: the match of the melee with the center stone, the gorgeous under gallery, the melee proportions, the color combination...
Congrats with your stunning Paraiba ring!!! It's absoluthly SMTB worthy.

When will David ship it for you?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. I love it! I think it'll look even better on its owners hand! :love:

Gah can't wait to see all your photos!

Just beautiful!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wow, :love: :love: :love: !

Thanks for sharing!

DK :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is stunning. :love:
It looks even more beautiful than I thought it would (and that's saying something because I had really high hopes).

When will you get it in person?

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Wow wow wow wow wow. OMG. Even though I saw the design and cads and stones I just couldn't envision the final product. I am so very happy for you. This ring will become legendary-not just for all the wonderful design details but also because it will been near impossible to replicate since the gems are so rare. I love the color, the size, the under gallery, the way the halo tapers, the lower profile., the elegant simplicity, the fine materials. Thank you for sharing this process with us. Can't wait to see it in your hand, and so many pictures

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your first halo ring and you knock the ball out of the park...admittedly, I wondered if the the paraiba melee would take away from the center stone..but now I see how it brings out the paraiba color/glow to make a huge statement. And laughing at this...

SparkliesLuver|1435579178|3896198 said:
I won’t officially begin the process until mid-2016

Paraibas and can't wait once she decides to do something...I can relate :angel:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing ring!
congrats! :love: :love: :love:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely spectacular - truly a one of a kind ring - something that you couldn't "just go buy" even if you had unlimited funds! Big congrats!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolute perfection!!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!! Its so bright and glowy, i got teary eyed looking at the photos! This ring it a true masterpiece! Congratulations and wear it in good health!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is AWESOME!!!!!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
What an incredible ring! I am very envious! Enjoy your new lovely!

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
what a showstopper, beautiful

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver!!! Amazing!!! Your ring is truly the dream ring of all paraibas. :love: :love: :love: I really am so happy for you. I can't wait to see your handshots! Please post in SMTB as others have requested that you do.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so, so much for all of the wonderful comments everyone! :) I'll be sure to post in SMTB today.

haha I'm not sure if it's the holy grail, lovedogs - as there are a lot of beautiful paraiba rings, especially here on PS - but I genuinely appreciate the comment.

Thank you so much, katharath. haha I'll be sure to start a thread over there. It is special, for more reasons than just becoming a dream ring. For that, I'll treasure it always.

Aw, thank you, lilmosun. :D You nailed it with that phrase: it truly is my once in a lifetime piece. I'm so grateful!

I'm thrilled with how well the main stone and melee worked out too, LisaRN. I was sure about the combination when I held them together, but I suppose you never truly know how it'll turn out until you see it. I'd be honored if it inspired other paraiba lovers. I can certainly say many other rings inspired me! Thank you. :)

I was completely at a loss too, Rockinruby. I really was. Thank you very much! :)

haha I know, mochiko, I was shocked when I sleepily checked my email and saw one from DK. I about jumped off the couch! I'm so happy you love the color. :D I have not received it yet. It's being mailed today, so I hope Wednesday, but maybe Thursday. It all depends. I'll be sure to post a lot more photos. ;-)

Aw, thank you, minousbijoux (not sure why I always just call you minous...hopefully that hasn't been offensive). I felt the same way. I had this image in my head of what I wanted it to look like, but with paraiba colors you just really never know. It's a lot more beautiful than I thought it'd be too, hence my teary eyes when I was looking through the pictures. I can't believe it's my ring!

hahaha I'm glad you don't have temptation if you stay off PS, DecoDaze! ;-) Thank you for your kind comments. They're much appreciated! I'm glad you popped in for the day, by the way. :) I sure will wear it in good health. Something tells me I'll want to wear it everyday, all day, but everyone can rest assured this one will definitely be babied. haha

Thank you, Poodles4me! haha I suppose I probably could, couldn't I?! Seeing the main stone and the melee and the diamonds altogether just ... it really came together well. Thank you again!

I'll be sure to take a lot more when I receive it, EvangelineG. :) Thank you!

Thank you so very much, Acinom. You touched on several things that I spoke with DK about - how it really turned out beautifully from every angle. He said Amy had a lot of fun photographing it, which admittedly made me smile. I'm glad they had fun with it! The gallery turned out just as I had hoped - slightly playful yet classic and open for easy cleaning and light. I completely owe the proportions to Elle (www.thegemstoneproject.com) because she did sketches that helped me figure out which one I liked the best. David ships it today, so I really hope to have it Wednesday but it might be Thursday. I'll be at the mercy of the postal system. :|

Aw, thank you, Niel. You're too kind. :) Thank you!

Thank you, DK! :D

haha I thought the same thing, elle. Kinda funny to admit that, but it's true. It turned out better than I was hoping! David ships it today, so I really hope to have it Wednesday but it might be Thursday.

I could see it in my head, Sungura, but seeing how the colors and design came together really blew me away. You make an excellent point - it's my dream ring because of the amazing design but also because of the materials themselves (as I probably wouldn't be able to recreate it). Remembering that will help me baby it! ;-) You're more than welcome for sharing the process. I appreciate all the comments - the good, the bad, the neutral - I've received along the way. Same here! :D

It makes me happy that you feel that way, lilmosun. It really does. One of my other friends shared your same concern. She wondered if it'd take away from the pear, but it really turned out to be a cohesive piece. :lol: Ahhhh, yes. I wondered if anyone would "call" me on that! Once I received DK's quote, I couldn't wait. I'm super happy I'm not alone and you can relate! ;-)

Thank you, Gloria27!! :)

I appreciate your really kind words, colorluvr. Thank you so, so much! :D

Wow, that means a lot coming from you, NKOTB. Thank you!

You and me both, ZestfullyBling! It really is bright and glowy - it all came together so well. Thank you!

Thank you, arkieb1!

Thank you, SapphireStyle. I'll have to try and make it to some shows or gatherings now. That way more people can see this ring in person and enjoy it too! :)

Thanks, puppyguts. Hopefully it won't prevent me from working or anything like that when I get it. ;-) :naughty:

Aw, thanks, lovesvintage. :D I'm so happy people love it as much as I do! Yes, there will be hand shots later this week. I promise!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful ring!!! Enjoy!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, TL. I sure will! :)

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Positively delighted for you! I can't wait to see it on your hand!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, Elle. :) <hugs>

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm scrolling through the page and some glowy blue green color draws my eyes to the left corner. I see you changed your little icon picture. Love it! :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

elle_71125 said:
I'm scrolling through the page and some glowy blue green color draws my eyes to the left corner. I see you changed your little icon picture. Love it! :love:

haha I did change it, elle. It seemed appropriate. :D Something tells me it'll stay that way for a long time, too!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elle_71125|1442258874|3927690 said:
Here I've been thinking that this was a project that wasn't going to happen until mid-2016 (obviously haven't popped by this thread for awhile). But like elle, once I saw your new avatar on the Montana sapphire thread, I realized the ring is now complete. And what a glorious ring it is -- breathtakingly gorgeous! Congratulations to you, and to the team you recruited to help make it happen!

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Yeah, MollyMalone, lilmosun called me on that. ;-) That was the original plan, but when I received DK's estimate, I decided to proceed. Thank you so much for your kind words. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! Very worthy of being a "Bling of the Week". I am inspired to do the same with my cuprian but it is a trilliant. Hope you don't mind. My connection is very slow today so can you please refresh my mind on the following:
1. Who sourced the melees?
2. Is the metal platinum?

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Chrono. :) No, I don't mind at all! I'll be sure to follow your journey.

Yvonne did, and yes, it's platinum.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1442421085|3928435 said:
Thank you, Chrono. :) No, I don't mind at all! I'll be sure to follow your journey.
Yvonne did, and yes, it's platinum.

Thank you so much!

Freke,
If you are reading this, I'd like to make sure I'm not stepping on your toes by doing this because I think you came up with this design?

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Chrono, don't worry about it. Most of my involvement has to do with figuring out proportions for the halo and the gallery design.

SL knew from the very beginning that she wanted to do a double halo, she found the melee in Yvonne's shop, and just went from there. If anyone owns the copyright on it, it'd be David, since he put it all together.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ElleW|1442421828|3928442 said:
Chrono, don't worry about it. Most of my involvement has to do with figuring out proportions for the halo and the gallery design.

SL knew from the very beginning that she wanted to do a double halo, she found the melee in Yvonne's shop, and just went from there. If anyone owns the copyright on it, it'd be David, since he put it all together.

Thank you. Appreciate it! I'm so excited. I hope Yvonne still has some melees. :pray:

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono, I know she didn't have very many left. I bought 30. It's definitely worth an ask though! *And to clarify, she didn't source them for me. I saw them listed in her Etsy store, wondered why they were still listed, and pounced. :lol:

S

SparkliesLuver

IT'S HERE!!!! :dance: :love:

Funny story: I went outside to get better pictures. Decided to walk across some grass. I was looking at my ring and didn't realize there was an enormous, deep mud puddle right in front of me. Yep, totally stepped in it. Ruined a shoe. But the best part? I didn't care! :lol:

inside_office.jpg

inside_office1.jpg

_34418.jpg

_34419.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results