shape
carat
color
clarity

costume ring inspired engagement ring idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
So i have this big (well big for me) silver three stone ring that i bought for 5 bucks..yup, definitely costume jewelry. The more i wear it though, the more i love it! Ive started to think lately that it would be a awesome engagement ring. Just made out of the real stuff!! I don''t want to post a picture because of the fact that they are fake stones but, it has two white stones on either side of a light green(very light green)stone. All set in a very basic three stone setting, RB shape.

So my question is, what stones other then mint garnets are there that would be a very light green? I think, i saw a light green tourmaline in some of my searching as well.. Also would a garnet hold up to everyday wear? (i know nothing about garnets if you cant tell
37.gif
)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help!

Ill post a picture if you''d like. i just didn''t want to get in trouble for it
33.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I cannot think of any light green stones that are hard enough for daily wear except for maybe a light green sapphire, but in order to source a light green sapphire in your desired color you may have to wait a while. Garnets really are not hard enough for daily wear but some PScopers successfully wear them as their erings (tsav and spess) but I think they are very careful with them.

G/L with your search, hopefully someone else can be more helpful
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prasiolite or light peridot might work. They are both a little soft but not real fragile.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Peridot is even softer than tsavorite, I''ve had some break on me quite easily.

I have a tsavorite garnet e-ring. I only wear it when I am out - and I take it off and put it in a box in my bag if I''m doing anything dangerous, like carrying suitcases etc

When I''m at home, it comes off the second I walk in the door and goes to bed in it''s box!

I think Movie Zombie is equally careful with her spess.

Have you looked at Chrysoberyl? They are an 8.5 on the Mohs. I love them (another rock on my wish list...)

Here is a pretty one from ajsgems - 4.44ct - $465

The vanadium ones are less yellow/green, and are very pale - they''re a bit rarer.

ChryCHY-00064-l.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Vanadium chrysoberyl - also from ajsgems: 1.09ct - $200

Both stones are unheated

chryCHV-00047-l.jpg

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Thank you all so much for your suggestions..

I did do some more looking last night and am still keeping a mint tourmaline as an option but wow.. The Vanadium chrysoberyl might work! So i have the three options; prasiolite (if i can find one light enough), the tourmaline (and just becareful with it) or the beryl.

Only bummer part is that my man is even pickier then me, and still deployed.. So i gotta wait
8.gif

Thank you again for your help! now i have some more research to do, hehe
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results