shape
carat
color
clarity

Colour change Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
I just bought this stone on ebay,feedback 100%.they say the stone is exact as the one you bid on.Ok now for some opinions please.Did I do ok, I like the colour change I really hope it gets that different. I know it could have been darker but I can''t afford darker, The stone is a 6x4 that will be set with diamonds on the sides. I will upload the other view next.
What do you all think, good or bad.
Thanks....

SAD0704002A.jpg

leggs

Shiny_Rock
I copied out the specs in case you are interested. I hope somebody will give me some input,

0.53CT. RARE! NATURAL COLOR CHANGE SAPPHIRE (CEYLON)
SAPPHIRE (CEYLON) (NATURAL)

WEIGHT
:: 0.53 CT.
  DIEMSION ( L X W X H )
:: 5.8 X 4.1 X 2.5 MM.
  SHAPE / CUT
:: OVAL FACET
  COLOR
:: CHANGE BLUE TO NICE PURPLE
  CLARITY GRADE
:: IF TO VVS
  LUSTER / BRILLIANCE
:: EXCELLENT
  TREATMENT
:: UNHEATED
  ORIGIN
:: CEYLON
  HARDNESS
:: 9
Thanks Leggs....

SAD0704002B.jpg

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Although colour change (ceylon spelling) or as we call color change is rare, the 1/2 ct size is not so rare in the paler color tones. If you paid between $50 and $150 you did fine as the stone looks pretty well cut. Keep it clean as hand lotion and soap will kill the paler stone when in a setting. You will find certain lights where it is the best blue and best violet and show everyone. Not everyone can own one, so enjoy.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Scott I am thrilled with your response, thanks! I will keep it clean it took so long to replace and I certainly will show it off.
I was not looking for rare just to find a nice looking stone that I could afford, yippee he said it looks like it was pretty well cut ,that was my worry buying in ebay.I paid less than $50US but it cost me $50CA exchange and shipping.not bad for a country girl.
I will try to post the ring when I get it set

Thanks Paulette...

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Paulette,

That is a beautiful stone! I am *very* partial to paler colour sapphires in general and this is just gorgeous! Doesn't hurt the wallet either to like the stones that just happen to cost letss : )

Please post pictures once you have it set. I am sure it will be beautiful.

I wish you well,

Bridget

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Have you actually seen this stone yet? The reason I ask is that I am skeptical of the "color change" images, which are identical and appear to be color adjusted...not something you should find with two different light sources necessary to bring out the color difference.

Hope I''m wrong and that you are happy with the results!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I too am suspicious of the color change pictured. The photo looks doctored to me.

A stone with that nice a color change would usually bring far more than <$50.

Let us know how it looks.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
No the stone has not arrived and now I am getting anxious. I will let you all know asap.
Paulette....

leggs

Shiny_Rock
As promised I am showing off my new ring with the colour change sapphire. You guys were right the stone does not have such strong colour change but it does change in different lights. To my pleasant surprise the stone was darker as shown and much like a tanznite but is a sapphire, had it checked by my gem guy in town and all the better because that is really what I wanted but Tanzanite isn''t good for a ring.
Also I really am an amateur photographer so bear with me please, first shot the ring is purpleish in the flouresant light.

other shots to follow........

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Ok this one is a little out of focus but shows the lighter blue colour, this really fades the colour out in strong light.

next shot is the finger one and then I am done.

sapphire blue-1.jpg

leggs

Shiny_Rock
This is the last one I wanted to show it this way because this shows how dark the stone really is, none of the pictures really show how sparkly it is. All in all I think I did pretty good for a very low budget replacement ring. I think my marraige might stay together now I fixed the lost ring...call me old fashioned but that''s why I worked so hard to replace my ring.

I want to thank everyone for this wonderful forum and for helping me and everyone else.

Paulette....btw..I do have great leggs
30.gif

BYE
35.gif

imperial Jewels

Rough_Rock

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi...
Here''s a picture of my color change sapphire: 3ct, unheated, no clue of origin. I''ve never seen it show both colors at once, like the stunners above.

The image on the left was taken indoors, under a household lamp. The one on the right was taken outside, in the shade:

widget

cc.sapph.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results