shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stones Tiffany, Graff, Cartier etc

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When sapphire is sold at name brands such as Tiffany, Graff, Cartier etc are they always unheated or do they sell heated sapphire like everyone else? Just wondering but wouldn't buy from those anyway as too expensive for me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid|1440428871|3918498 said:
When sapphire is sold at name brands such as Tiffany, Graff, Cartier etc are they always unheated or do they sell heated sapphire like everyone else? Just wondering but wouldn't buy from those anyway as too expensive for me.

Unless stated explicitly, Tiffany's sapphires are always heated. Not sure about Graff, Cartier and the rest.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would adopt the PS "Trust but Verify" when looking at these sellers. While they have some of the most exquisite and expensive pieces, it doesn't necessarily translate into purity of stones, unless so stated by the particular vendor (and even then, I'd err on the side of caution and get a lab report). It appears that the majority of vendors accept heat treatment in their stones as standard practice.

Jogani

Rough_Rock
Trade
Not sure about Graf, Cartier. Tiffany certainly will use heated stones (as well as unheated). The key question is whether the color in the crystal is beautiful!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The blue topaz in Tiffany's rings are almost certain to be treated, most likely to be irradiated.

DK :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jogani|1440448524|3918660 said:
Not sure about Graf, Cartier. Tiffany certainly will use heated stones (as well as unheated). The key question is whether the color in the crystal is beautiful!

Disagree. For most here, treatment, including heat, plays a primary role in the decision. Assuming its acceptable re treatment, then the color is tantamount. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results