shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more color combinations. A 1.5 carat lavender spinel cushion, a 2 carat spess, and a tiny half carat tsavorite with amazing color. Photographed in a gem box, up close, again with new camera. The spess is a portuguese cut and that's not a window, but it's tilted in the box.

tlthreestones.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
What is the new camera you are using? You really are more of a spinel lover than a tourmaline lover. :cheeky: Which violet blue spinel is your favourite? This one, the other halo oval or the 3 stone with the chrysoberyl? So many pretties!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, agree that your name should be SL, not TL! But anyway, I love your spinels. For the size of your cuprian I'd want to be jealous, but visible needles would set me back; great color though.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1381544132|3536176 said:
TL,
What is the new camera you are using? You really are more of a spinel lover than a tourmaline lover. :cheeky: Which violet blue spinel is your favourite? This one, the other halo oval or the 3 stone with the chrysoberyl? So many pretties!

Chrono,
I have lots of "favorites." ;)) Thanks.

The camera is a new Nikon (I forget the model number). Had it for a while actually, but just got around to posting some new pics on PS.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1381620744|3536582 said:
Yeah, agree that your name should be SL, not TL! But anyway, I love your spinels. For the size of your cuprian I'd want to be jealous, but visible needles would set me back; great color though.

Thanks Minous.
The needles aren't that visible with the naked eye. You would need perfect vision, and look really close. I like them too because they show Mozambique origin which those needles are specific to.

Not the first time someone told me I should be SL instead of TL. LOL!

Marina87

Rough_Rock
The diamond and blue sapphire antique style ring is GORGEOUS!

sapphiresal

Rough_Rock
My Australian sapphire engagement ring and matching wedding band. The sapphire has a window but I loved the colour so much I got over it, and it did close up with setting (although because the stone is so pale you can still see it in some lights/ angles).

It is a pale green-blue, but can look anything from pale olive green to aqua to ice blue depending on the light.

Thanks so much to everyone for all the advice - directly and via other posts on the site. Hope you guys like it!

S.

_11228.jpg

photo_380.jpg

photo_381.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Sapphiresal! Isn't it great to find the one and love it when set? Were you posing and wearing the set, or are you already married and everything? If so, double congratulations! :appl:

sapphiresal

Rough_Rock
Thanks Minous! We eloped last week, so I will take that double congratulations :D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rubies (left to right):

My mum's cabochon in a 14K WG diamond setting
1.59ct ruby heart in a bezel set diamond halo set in platinum
0.9ct ruby heart with 0.2ct RB side stones bezel set in 18K WG (this is the ring that I had to repair recently after one of the diamonds fell out, and it is my every day ring along with a small EC diamond ring)

rubyrings01.jpg

DK :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sapphiresal|1382681335|3544274 said:
Thanks Minous! We eloped last week, so I will take that double congratulations :D

Squeeeee! You eloped! I hope it was fun! Double congratulations it is! :appl: :wavey:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hot pink Mahenge spinel and OMC diamond three stone in 18kt YG and platinum three stone.

pinky25.jpg

LindyLoooo

Rough_Rock
Very beautiful, love the hot pink!

GreyCat

Rough_Rock
Freke, love this ring! Please, more pictures and details...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not the best settings in the Universe, but I thought this shot with my new camera was kind of neat.

Violet spinel with side mahenges
Spessartite pear
curprian tourmaline rectangle
mint garnet heart

Closeup of the spinels, cuprian and the spessartite too.

tlspinels_garnets_cuprian_oh_my.jpg

tlspinel_garnet.jpg

tlspinels_cuprian_closeup.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are some of my favorite colors, TL. Love the spess, the violet spinel (wish I could find them that color now, lol) and the cuprian. Now that cuprian, imo, earns the right to the term Paraiba! Love that ring and that stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono goes off in search of better sunglasses because the colours of TL's rings are so bright they hurt her eyes... :bigsmile:

NavneetThomas

Rough_Rock
Hey, these are beautiful stone, these colored stone ring are looks very pretty..:)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I never added my newish goodies to this thread. They're nothing special compared to the amazing wonders here, but I've only been collecting since June and my budget is laughable! I'm totally itching to buy another stone, but because the holidays are approaching I'm deciding to re-enjoy what I already have. Maybe reposting here will help. (yeah right :lol: )

_11977.jpg

_11978.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
My favorite shots are always in the bathroom. Or in sunlight.

_11979.jpg

_11980.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
My Mali. Again from gemfix in Stuller. 18kt gold this time.

_11981.jpg

_11983.jpg

_11982.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
My bezeled spess. Gemfix stone, setting made by King Jewelers in Tampa.

_11984.jpg

_11985.jpg

_11986.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only since June you say? Those are beautiful, Kelli. I love the colors and saturation levels you've chosen and applaud your choice of settings as they really let the stones shine. Well done. :appl:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! My choice of settings is also dictated by my budget, but thankfully I really enjoy solitaires. :)

paiger81

Rough_Rock
Over the weekend, I finally got my e-ring :D The sapphire is a .56 carat round ceylon from Vance Gems. Setting purchased separately. So excited about the coloring!

The ones on the yellow pillow are of indoor, natural light and the one with the wooden background is outdoor light on a cloudy day.

Love it so much! And thanks to all on here for helping in our search!

ringfinal.jpg

ringfinal2.jpg

ringfinal3.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! That last picture especially is exquisite. Congrats!

Lynda123

Rough_Rock
Trade
I really Like this post........Very Nice Collection.

Victoria11Gliss11

Rough_Rock
two_rings.jpg

Here's a photo of the rings my SIL and I got for early x-mas. Mine is the sapphire with diamond halo and hers is the ruby. They're from a small local jeweler that my mom uses.

dzop

Shiny_Rock
I've always been fascinated by natural blues - and I don't mean the argyle greyish violet stones, I mean pure, Type IIb blues. I'm an (ex) geologist and I still mine for (and collect) gems as a hobby.

So as a wedding gift, my wife had this made for me:

A 2mm fancy blue sourced from Langerman - best of 4 or 5 diamonds she looked at from nearly every retail colored diamond dealer out there. No cert, but Langerman represented it as a fancy blue, no modifers (and I'm 95% certain it is, based on the other stones we looked at). It could use a whisker more saturation, but it is remarkbly free of gray for a natural blue.

Band is a a Steven Kirsch, ~3.5mm. Platinum. The idea is that it rolls around on my finger - sometimes the diamond points up, sometimes not.

The dings are my work.

_12548.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results