shape
carat
color
clarity

Color of my ruby rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
I finally get a little better handle of the digital cam and start taking photos of my toys so I can share them. These are the ruby rings that I have. Description of them are:

1) Top Left: My first ring from my hubby. The color is kinda of pinkish red and I love it. We married young and couldn''t afford a diamond ring.
2) Top Right: 1 ct center. The dealer told me it is pigeon blood red.
3) Bottom Left: 2.5 ct center. It is very brillant when the light hits it. The body color seems dark and I guess it is from Thailand.
4) Bottom Right: 3.5 ct center. I like the color but hate the setting. It is my next project for reset. I guess the stone is from Africa.

Which color and which ring do you like most? I would love to own a Burma Ruby but I am afraid I''ll break the bank.
28.gif

max_ruby_composite.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I like the colors of top left and bottom right. The others look too dark to suit me. I really like the style of top left, very unique.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I love #1 AND #4.... I REALLY like those colors! All of them are beautiful!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Max! For someone named "Spinel" you sure have a lot of rubies!
9.gif

Really hard to tell from pictures, but I guess I like the colors of 1 and 4 best..

widget

PS: Are you an Aries, by any chance? I''ve got this theory that Aries are especially drawn to rubies...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with widget and love #1 and 4 the best. It''s hard to judge from pictures though, they are all lovely!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
#4 for color but i''m with you re the setting. #1 for setting!

peace, movie zombie

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/15/2005 9:32:13 PM
Author: widget
Wow, Max! For someone named ''Spinel'' you sure have a lot of rubies!
9.gif

Really hard to tell from pictures, but I guess I like the colors of 1 and 4 best..

widget

PS: Are you an Aries, by any chance? I''ve got this theory that Aries are especially drawn to rubies...
As for the name "Spinel", it is interesting because I heard about the gemstone many years ago and I was intrigued by it. I learnt some of the famous rubies throughout history are actually spinels. Some of them rivals the color of ruby; they are relatively less costly, more brilliant, very rare and very hard. I thought that was the deal of the century and I wanted to buy one.

However, interestingly, I never did. Most of the spinels that I''ve seen have a orangy or brownish second hue. The really red ones are very rare and expensive; they sometimes cost almost as much as the rubies. Spinels are not know by the masses and if there is a not a big difference in cost, I really do not want to explain to some one else what the gem is. Anyhow, the gem still intrigues me.

P.S. I am a scorpio. I like all colors but I am more drawn to the reds and the pinks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results