shape
carat
color
clarity

Color Change Garnet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m getting squeamish at the thought plunking down all that money to buy my demantoid, so now I''m thinking I should hold off for another year or so. However, I''m still in the mood to go jewelry shopping and was wondering what you all thought of this? http://www.imperialjewels.com/shop_fullDetails.asp?productcode=DA001596

DA001596A.jpg

1.51 Carat, cushion shaped. I know next to nothing about colour change garnets but also figured that for less than $400 it wasn''t a huge risk. Any thoughts, words of wisdom, advice?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think it''s beautiful hest. as a matter of fact, i went looking on the site, to see if there was something for me!
looking forward to hearing what others think...........

rubydick

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 12:55:19 PM
Author:Hest88
Okay, I''m getting squeamish at the thought plunking down all that money to buy my demantoid, so now I''m thinking I should hold off for another year or so...

If you like demantoid, now''s the time to get it. Production out of Russia this summer was practically nil. And the major strike from the Summer of 2002 is now mostly gone.

So if you''ve lusted after Russian demantoid, get one while you can.

And don''t be fooled by demantoids from other locales like Namibia or Italy or Iran. The quality is no where near that of the fine Russian goods.

Disclaimer: My company, Pala International, is heavily invested in Russian demantoid. So you know where my bias lies. That said, what I''ve written above is the truth as I know it.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Wow love the look of that stone. I personally am not a huge fan of demantoid garnets though so I may be a bit biased.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2004 12:55:19 PM
Author:Hest88
Okay, I''m getting squeamish at the thought plunking down all that money to buy my demantoid, so now I''m thinking I should hold off for another year or so.
Do you like to play with colored lights ? Christmas tree like ? Than... ok, that one is a nice little gimmic that would keep warm company to a flashlight, IMO. It''s cool to see the change once you found just the right lighting to see each color, but would you wear the graish purple garnet ?

Demantoid is another story - you could probably find a nice starter''s sample (perhaps like this ?) without allot more trouble. It helps to look down at the hand and remember it''s worth waiting for an upgrade
11.gif
A pair of small green & sparly studs would work wonders as well! Bar out-of-this-world green diamond, there is nothing that green and that sparkly
20.gif

Btw... link

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 11
6.gif
6.gif
9 PM
Author: Richard Hughes

If you like demantoid, now's the time to get it. Production out of Russia this summer was practically nil. And the major strike from the Summer of 2002 is now mostly gone.
Sigh. Dammit, Richard, you're going to make me spend all my pennies, aren't you?
11.gif
Okay. Once I get my bonus. My avatar is actually a picture I swiped from your site and, since it's still in the database, I'm seriously thinking about buying it if it's still there in January. Ideally I'd be looking at a rich green cushion-shaped demantoid between 1-2 carats with a visible horsetail, but I think I have to give up the horsetail.

Valeria, thanks, but if I'm buying it will be large enough for a ring. I only plan on buying one demantoid in my life!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! Richard Hughes. I have been very busy and not here much lately, but on a sleepless late night I come to visit and find one of my heroes walks among us.

It is a pleasure to see you here and I hope that you will contribute often.

Wink goinng back to bed before I embarrass myself, again...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results