shape
carat
color
clarity

Citrine

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
My sister likes citrine, but does not know much about gemstones or jewelry. I, myself, just don't "get" citrine. Are there any citrine lovers out there that can help me figure out what is "top" color, and why they like it? What properties should I look for?

I looked at a bunch of citrine jewelry online, and this is the color I liked the most. Is this top color? It's from HSN. :rodent:

victoria-wieck-39ct-orange-citrine-and-topaz-ring-d-20130613100714593_267698.jpg

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1386646214|3571091 said:
My sister likes citrine, but does not know much about gemstones or jewelry. I, myself, just don't "get" citrine. Are there any citrine lovers out there that can help me figure out what is "top" color, and why they like it? What properties should I look for?

I looked at a bunch of citrine jewelry online, and this is the color I liked the most. Is this top color? It's from HSN. :rodent:

No clue - maybe citrine should equal citrus? like the one you picked :) But, I have seen one lighter in color that was quite pretty in person, and the person wearing it loved it because it allowed her to have a MASSIVE rock without the expense of a lot of massive rocks.

Thuvia

Rough_Rock
I like citrine and have several in various shades. I believe the most desired color is madeira although I prefer the green gold (oro verde). Madeira is a darker citrine, sort of a brownish reddish orange. As for the ring, I find that the orange at the bottom of the image doesn't have enough brown. Even my orangest citrine has some brown.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen citrine with colour that rivals a fine spessartite, which is incredibly rare though. I'll see if I can find pictures of it again.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ES, Thuvia, and Chrono. I automatically am partial to the citrine without much brown. Hmm. Madeira is very rich though.

I have a empty YG setting, and I dislike YG, but I want to put something in the setting. I've settled on citrine because I think orange looks good with YG, and citrine is not very expensive.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I do like them, especially in the deeper colors. You can get a similar color in hessonite

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1386823609|3572561 said:
Thanks ES, Thuvia, and Chrono. I automatically am partial to the citrine without much brown. Hmm. Madeira is very rich though.

I have a empty YG setting, and I dislike YG, but I want to put something in the setting. I've settled on citrine because I think orange looks good with YG, and citrine is not very expensive.

Have one cut out of a really pretty rich color. It would probably look really nice in yellow gold.

I have a bracelet from the 1940s that is 14k yellow gold and citrine. I think it's a very nice fall and winter color combination.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1386765543|3571877 said:
I've seen citrine with colour that rivals a fine spessartite, which is incredibly rare though. I'll see if I can find pictures of it again.

I saw one IRL down in San Luis Obispo some years back. very Very VERY expensive.

perhaps because I have my spess I find that I prefer a greener citrine.....

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm another fan of the "madeira" citrine; that highly saturated and deeper in tone orangey color. But I have no idea of what is considered the best quality in citrine.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the best quality citrine?!
I suspect there is someone out there that is the "expert" but to me it is whatever pleases your eye.........

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I will chime in that I would love to learn more about citrine! Especially info about vendors....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot seem to find the link nor the vendor anymore. I considered buying it at one point in time. All I recall is that it is precision cut and costs several hundred dollars.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results