shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrysoberyl,demantoids and diamonds

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
In a bracelet will the demantoids hold up? Her tennis bracelet latch stays on the bottom of her wrist. Will the weight of the colored stones cause them to end up on the bottom also? What do you think? Would you wear it? What would you change? Scrap the idea?
chrysoberyl 9.5x6.5mm
demantoids 6.5x4.3 and 6.5x4.5mm (the one on the left looks better than the picture shows)
diamonds .12ct 3.1mm
Thanks

chryodembra_018__2_0.jpg

chryodembra_030__4_.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
add another tennis bracelet and turn it into a necklace. Oh My!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1432170373|3879377 said:
Exactly what I was thinking.

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Ooooooo I would wear it!! So pretty! I love greens and yellows together.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid said:

I've tried that, you have to have a pencil neck :lol: or at least 8 inch bracelets.

To answer the OP; gorgeous stones, but the weight of the colored settings will probably make it rotate. To keep this from making her nuts, you can shorten the bracelet a bit so it sits higher/snugger on the wrist.

I have a 6 1/2 inch bracelet and I wear it all the time, because it doesn't flop around like a 7 inch bracelet. You will need to measure her wrist.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1432173102|3879406 said:
VapidLapid said:

I've tried that, you have to have a pencil neck :lol: or at least 8 inch bracelets.

To answer the OP; gorgeous stones, but the weight of the colored settings will probably make it rotate. To keep this from making her nuts, you can shorten the bracelet a bit so it sits higher/snugger on the wrist.

I have a 6 1/2 inch bracelet and I wear it all the time, because it doesn't flop around like a 7 inch bracelet. You will need to measure her wrist.

Yes, but it is worth getting longer bracelets or springing for the extension, because demantoids are not bracelet safe

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous but the weight is likely to make it spin and stay down most of the time, and with demantoids not liking "hard" wear, will probably not hold up well.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about setting the stones in an oval bangle so that it does not twist on the wrist?

DK :))

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the replies. My wife has worn the same necklace for many years and has told me several times she is not willing to change. It's a plain platinum cross and chain and she likes it. I think as a necklace it would be a nice piece but it may just set in a box. Maybe if it was simplified she would wear it. Just a 3 or 5 stone pendant, or have the diamonds decrease in diameter. I'll ask her again.
Thanks again.

The redwood patio cover sure shows reddish brown in the stones.

chryodembra_008.jpg

chryodembra_017__3_.jpg

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Well I contacted IDJ about making a necklace. The diamonds shown are 3.1mm and take the focus away from the colored stones. So I requested the graduation start at 2.8mm and end at 1.7mm, 17.5 inches long. Any suggestions or needed changes in the project? It should some what match with these earrings that were made earlier.

earrings_sapchr23.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I think smalller diamonds will keep the eyes focused on the CS.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say beautiful stones!!! I also would be afraid for the demantoids with a bracelet. Some women wear more than one necklace at a time :naughty: . I hope you find something that she will love to wear, whether it is earrings, necklace, bracelet, or ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hay joe|1432169063|3879364 said:
In a bracelet will the demantoids hold up? Her tennis bracelet latch stays on the bottom of her wrist. Will the weight of the colored stones cause them to end up on the bottom also? What do you think? Would you wear it? What would you change? Scrap the idea?
chrysoberyl 9.5x6.5mm
demantoids 6.5x4.3 and 6.5x4.5mm (the one on the left looks better than the picture shows)
diamonds .12ct 3.1mm
Thanks

You can add a chain and make it a necklace. The stones would then stay towards the bottom of the neckline, where they should be. I would rather do that than a bracelet.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No help here, but I'm sure whatever you decide, it will be glamorous and stunning. Lucky woman!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results