shape
carat
color
clarity

CHEERS!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday everyone! :wavey: I've been super excited to share this with you all since Friday but the husband thinks this practice is weird. :lol: I know this color combo is not everyone's cup of wine, and I was kinda nervous that I wouldn't end up liking it, but I really couldn't be happier. I took an unreasonable amount of pics (and most are not great), so please bear with me. Thanks in advance for looking and for helping me make this decision!

Stones from Dana at mastercutgems.com, setting from King Jewelers in Tampa International Mall. Both highly recommended.

_11363.jpg

_11364.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I left some blurry ones in there because they are the only ones that actually show the brightness I see in real life. Maybe someday I'll learn to take better pics.

car_closeup.jpg

car_handshot.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Since it's almost Halloween... Does anyone see anything spooky in these pictures?

_11365.jpg

_11366.jpg

_11367.jpg

face4.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Actually, with those sideways it's not nearly as noticeable and I'm too lazy to learn how to flip them. Tilt your head to your left shoulder to find out if you see what I see.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
This is my water damaged bathroom. :rolleyes: I see the nicest colors in here, and again, I'm too lazy to set up a prettier background under these lights.

bathroom_closeup.jpg

bathroom.jpg

towel1.jpg

towel2.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
My weird looking little road find (don't worry I say that with much much love) photobombed me.

bathroom_photobomb.jpg

_11368.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Outside. It's just stunning to me outside but once the camera (iPhone) focuses, it just blacks out.

blurry_outside.jpg

fence.jpg

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
it is beautifullllllll. pink and red is one of those classic no-go combinations (according to traditional color matching) but it's so lovely! the red is so classic, and the pink just makes it fun :appl:

Kelli said:
A few I took in the dark with flash.

I especially love the flash-ed photos!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thank you sonyachancs! While it was being made I was already convincing myself I'd find another 8mm stone to put in the setting with the pinks and set the red stone on its own. But then I saw it and I just love it. :love: I think I'll name her Aphrodite. The first day I got her I spent an absolutely gorgeous day drinking wine in Tarpon Springs (a very Greek neighborhood) and Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of love. Yep... That's her name. :D

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way the ring turned out. Now my bonus stones from Mastercut look too matchy-matchy and I will have to consider what to do with my red garnet....I also love your terrier. Such a nice face. He looks very Jack Russellish, but I always say rescued is the best breed of all.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
who put the face in your stone?!
love it!

kudos for getting what you wanted.....and not needing approval to do so!
I think it turned out very well and looks great on your finger!

I love the finger coverage.
I think the different lighting will always keep you enamored with this ring.

and i'm betting you will be inspiration for others to think outside the box.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You got your wine ring! Fabulous. Love the sparkles -- it came out just great! (Doggy too.)

--- Laurie

emmmme

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe anyone ever thought that red and pink can't go together - they can, and they do! Your ring looks great.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really pops on your hand!! How long did it take you to find the perfect nail polish to go with it? :))

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how fast you always get everything set Kelli! Looks gorgeous, as always!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. It looks great on your hand - especially as a middle finger ring - love that! I also love that it soooo goes with your nail polish. :wink2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love! Pink and red is a great combo! Wear in health and happiness!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! I'm so glad I stuck with the three stone. As for the nail polish, I walked into a CVS for some coffee creamer and this color yelled out at me from a sort of out of place display shelf. I read the color label and it was called "I don't drink cheap wine." I guess I had to have it.

I have only ever had my stones set by two jewelers. One is about ten minutes from my house and orders Stuller for me, and the other is for when I need something custom done and he's in Tampa. He finishes things before the local guy can even get the stock settings in though and his prices are SO reasonable, so I almost don't even mind the hour long drive. Due to my lack of funds I only buy things I plan to set and wear. :D

The colors really do shift around with the lighting, though I know this really isn't a "shifting" stone. Sometimes it looks straight up red, sometimes darker burgundy, sometimes raspberry pink, and sometimes a gorgeous fall/cinnamon color. Somehow, the sidestones seem to either blend or accent the center no matter what so it really is fun to watch it. Boerumbiddy, when I saw you had gotten matching sidestones with yours, I was secretly hoping for some too. I saw a three stone ring with all blue sapphires on here a short while back and LOVED the look. Sadly I can't think of who it belonged to, but I think it was jewel of the week. I would have totally done an all red three stone too; I think it would be another unconventional yet awesome look. Btw do you have any pictures of yours up yet?

I'm glad someone else sees the face in my stone. It really seems to pop when the picture is upright. I thought maybe it was a relection of my own face but I it seems to be slightly different in every picture, plus I was wearing sunglasses. I was just watching a show about the human brain searching for faces everywhere, so I thought it was kind of funny.

And thanks for the comments about my little dog. She's the third "find" out of four, and when I found a fifth I fostered him until I found him a home. I love giving sweet little critters a happy home:)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
SO awesome! I love it!!

Zarina

Rough_Rock
You may think I am crazy, but in one of the pics, I saw "PS" right in the middle of your center stone!!!! :shock: ...... I doubled checked and it really looks like that!

simurgh

Rough_Rock
Love it, and love the pup! What a sweet face. +1 to rescued being the best breed of all!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! And I have to know where the PS is. Do tell! Which pic?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results