shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceylon Sapphire Review & How Much Would You Pay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
Please give me your reviews and thoughts of this Ceylon Sapphire and How Much Would You Pay For It????????

~ 1 carat
medium dark
no inclusions
oval
natural unheated, untreated
~ 7.5 X 10.0 X 6.5 mm (good spread for this carat weight)
grade: very good

sapj1.jpg

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/11/2010 1:08:18 PM
Author:JoeNewbie11
Please give me your reviews and thoughts of this Ceylon Sapphire and How Much Would You Pay For It????????
~ 1 carat
medium dark
no inclusions
oval
natural unheated, untreated
~ 7.5 X 10.0 X 6.5 mm (good spread for this carat weight)
grade: very good
Hi Joe, something is amiss here. If it truly measured 10.0 x 7.5 x 6.5mm, it would weight somewhere in the 3-1/2 to 4ct range. Perhaps after the facts are straightened out, an estimate can be rendered.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto with the measurement. I expect something around 10x8 mm with a 75% depth to be a 3 carat plus stone.

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
I spoke with the vendor and he said there must have been a typo in the measurements listed and that it should measure the same as a typical 1 carat oval. I''m waiting on the correct measurements now.

Any thoughts on the color, faceting, etc.?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I sent edward an enquiry a month ago about this stone and its weight/size discrepancy. I was making wax models of stones I was interested in and there was no way I could reconcile these numbers.

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
The vendor believes the stone is ~ 7 x 5 x 3, but will not be able to confirm for one week.

How much would you pay for this stone??? Really appreciate your feedback.
28.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that thats a tough and personal question. How much I would pay on a sapphire if I really loved it would be totally different than what someone else would pay (if at all)? I would expect to pay a fair price based on the what type of stone it was.

Is the stone heated or unheated?
does it come certified?
is the color what you want?
is the stone well cut, have size, have little silk or lot of silk?
does the stone have inclusions that are terrible or are no biggie?

These are the questions I would ask myself when making a decision prior to purchasing. Colored stones can be all over the place when it comes to price per ct.

The only thing not in question is that an unheated sapphire thats close to an ideal color is going to cost much more than one that isn''t.

So what would YOU pay for it since its the stone you''re considering?

-A

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is what I''d do: since you know all specifics of the stone AND the asking price, I''d browse websites of known PS vendors to see if they have similar stones for sale, call some of them, and see what the going price range is. I do not know your budget and what sum would constitute overpayment for you. Since it is a 1-ct stone and not a precision cut, I would not expect the stone to be terribly expensive.

Ed is a terrific photographer but specifically for this reason I was never able to "read" the color of the stones in his photographs - they all look incredibly beautiful. Too bad I do not have firsthand experience with buying from him. Maybe one day...

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I can''t give any advice but I want to say the stone is amazing and has a beautiful colour.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results