shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceylon Sapphire But Which Setting?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
Hello, so I currently have two Ceylon Sapphires but I cannot decide which I want to use as the stone for my engagement ring. I have two settings in mind and would love to know your opinions on them and which you like better for a long-term everyday engagement ring. This is a BIG decision for me and I need some help so please give all thoughts, comments and opinions! :)

Thanks!

Round Engagement Ring
M. Geller Thin Seed (With or Without Diamonds- I haven''t decided)
14 kt White Gold
Size 6.25

Round Ceylon Sapphire
6.5mm / 1.35 ct
Diamond Cut

http://www.jamesallen.com/Rings/engagement-rings/m-geller-items/14k-White-Gold-Thin-Seed-Designer-Engagement-Ring/

-OR-

Cushion Engagement Ring
Tiffany Legacy Replicated Setting
14 kt White Gold
Size 6.25

Cushion Ceylon Sapphire
7x7mm / 2.07 ct

Attached photo is the setting from the same vendor I would purchase the setting from. Very similar to Excel''s legacy setting. I believe most have an idea of what this setting looks like.

feb2010106.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I guess there''s less of a risk of damage and costly repairs (small diamonds falling out) in the round one, but I''m not an expert so I could be wrong. But then, the cushion one has the main stone more protected (with the bezel), and losing a big center stone would be much more costly than any of the melees falling out. I''d suggest the bezeled one if you don''t want to worry about when to take of your ring as much.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have pictures of both stones?

I like both settings, but if we can see the sappires in question, our setting gurus may be a bit better preparted to give you an answer.

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, I do not currently have both stones with me as they are being shipped to me. I will upload pictures as soon as they arrive! I am very excited!
emteeth.gif

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 1:52:11 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Do you have pictures of both stones?

I like both settings, but if we can see the sappires in question, our setting gurus may be a bit better preparted to give you an answer.

Ditto.

I would set the bigger one though

2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results