shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceylon blue sapphire - does this look too dark?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you want to buy a nice sapphire please stay away from ebay. There are many nice websites that sell quality sapphires. Unfortuantely I don''t know them all www.naturalsapphireco.com , www.cherrypicked.com are just two to get you started. Hopefully someone else will chime in and give you more. HTH

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did they ever get back to you?

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
flee12,
It would probably be fine for the price that you''d end up paying. It will most likely go for well over $300, maybe as high as $500. It has a slight green cross color and is cut a bit on the shallow side. It is big and the inclusions don''t look too bad. One thing that you need to remember about E-bay is that the pictures don''t always reflect the actual stone as well as you might like them to. That''s another way of saying "buyer beware"
kaleigh,
While the companies that you are suggesting are fantastic, you need to remember that they are also the very best AND the most expensive places to buy on the ''net. Many people who are interested in buying gems are also unable to meet the costs of the stones on those sites and can get an O.K. deal from other sources, including E-bay. As long as you are careful about who you are dealing with and don''t start believing that you will get a treasure for an extremely low price, then you can get some nice stones on there for a reasonable price. Actually the prices on some stones, such as tourmaline, garnet and the like are lower than what the rough would cost to cut them, in this country. If they are cut well and are what they are claimed to be, they can be really good buys.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Michael,
I did say I didn't know many, but those are the two that I see most reccomended here on PS.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Click here for a list of other places supplying colored gems.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Matata, that is some list!!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a 2 carat blue sapphire from Ebay. It is very pretty and I think I got a pretty good deal on it. It is at my jewelers now being made into a 3 stone ring with some diamonds salvaged from a pair of stud earrings. I told him what I paid for it and he seemed to think that it was a nice stone and that the price was very good for the quality I got. One thing to keep in mind though-- the sellers are shining a VERY bright light through the stone to help you see the clarity. That sapphire will apprear significantly darker in person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results