shape
carat
color
clarity

Century Gems On Ebay?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone here dealt with centurygems on ebay?

He's got a tanzanite that's making my mouth water, and the price seems fair.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1404391024|3705903 said:
Has anyone here dealt with centurygems on ebay?

He's got a tanzanite that's making my mouth water, and the price seems fair.

Tanzanite has been treated with coating these days, so buyer beware, especially on ebay.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Price is suspiciously low for the colour in the pictures. I would proceed with caution. A few pictures are obviously touched up, which is why the background has been removed - it is easier to manipulate the colour and cut of the stone when there is no background reference.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
The one I'm looking at is green, and it's mainly the video I've been looking at. Are they coating the green and bi-color like they are the blue?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1404415636|3706198 said:
The one I'm looking at is green, and it's mainly the video I've been looking at. Are they coating the green and bi-color like they are the blue?

Not sure, but I wouldn't risk it. I'm not familiar with IGI lab reports they use, and while they might be a reputable lab, not sure if they disclose all treatment (that might be an added fee).

Tiger_Lily

Rough_Rock
They are ok. You need to watch the video to see the most accurate color of the stone.
If I recall they have a few accounts/names on Ebay.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Since I started this thread, I thought I'd tell give my opinion now that I bought from them.

I bought this, http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-06-Ct-IGI-Certified-AA-Tanzanite-Natural-Gemstone-Violet-Green-Pear-Cut-/360962642090?nma=true&si=TsQROQgEgXWNVRPEknmReeoeYO8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 , and am pretty happy. It looks a bit lighter than the video, at least in the terrible light of my office, but the overall color balance it pretty accurate. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it, for now I'm just enjoying the blue-to-green zoning color play.

On the subject of ebay vendors, I also bought this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-98-ct-MIND-BOGGLING-STUNNING-FIRE-SUPERB-GREEN-NATURAL-OVAL-CUT-TANZANITE-/380938583835?nma=true&si=TsQROQgEgXWNVRPEknmReeoeYO8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 . the only thing MIND BOGGLING about it is how they were able to photochop this pitiful, washed-out stone to look like that pic. :angryfire:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results