shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Sparklies and lovedogs thanks! Yes it is indeed a sapphire. Really small though. 0.55 carats and I think it's dimensions are close to 4x5. It was sold to me as "finest cornflower blue" and is unheated which is cool! My first CS purchase actually! It looks just spectacular outside. Unfortunately I am finding I do like bigger gems so I feel unmotivated to set it, but if I find the right setting to do it justice maybe! Maybe a double halo or something! Thanks LisaRn that gold colored one is a big citrine. I love the cutting on it!

Everyone's stones are spectacular! Love the big rubellite Eos! That's on my list as well :)

S

SparkliesLuver

austinj said:
Sparklies and lovedogs thanks! Yes it is indeed a sapphire. Really small though. 0.55 carats and I think it's dimensions are close to 4x5. It was sold to me as "finest cornflower blue" and is unheated which is cool! My first CS purchase actually! It looks just spectacular outside. Unfortunately I am finding I do like bigger gems so I feel unmotivated to set it, but if I find the right setting to do it justice maybe! Maybe a double halo or something!

That's awesome! Thank you for sharing. Admittedly, I must call dibs should you ever decide to sell it. ;-) :oops: Something tells me you'll find the right setting though!

austinj

Shiny_Rock

Haha you got it sparklies! ;-)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

austinj|1463162739|4031330 said:
Sparklies and lovedogs thanks! Yes it is indeed a sapphire. Really small though. 0.55 carats and I think it's dimensions are close to 4x5. It was sold to me as "finest cornflower blue" and is unheated which is cool! My first CS purchase actually! It looks just spectacular outside. Unfortunately I am finding I do like bigger gems so I feel unmotivated to set it, but if I find the right setting to do it justice maybe! Maybe a double halo or something! Thanks LisaRn that gold colored one is a big citrine. I love the cutting on it!

Everyone's stones are spectacular! Love the big rubellite Eos! That's on my list as well :)

gah! I suffer from the same issue of not "loving" smaller gems on me. I just feel like my hands overwhelm them haha. I've had some pretty ones that were on the smaller side that never got set, but nothing that spectacular in color! I would definitely think about a double halo or something to make it look bigger--it's too incredible to sit in a jewelry box!

austinj

Shiny_Rock

Lovedogs- Yes! I have one normal sized hand and one "man hand" lol. Tiny delicate does not look good on the man hand. And with the small gems I just keep feeling like I want more!! My favorite sizes is about 3-10 carats I'm finding. But there was someone here not too long ago who did a tiny pink diamond in a double (I think?) halo, and it turned out beautifully! So I may use that as inspiration and start saving up :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

eos512|1463160154|4031316 said:
recent aquisition- a 5.8ct rubellite

Color!!! :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great color in the rubelite!

And yes, that Ceylon sapphire needs to be set and seen! My ring finger is a size 8 without a budget to match. Double halos, settings with side diamonds, multi-stone rings and stacking rings are all tricks I use for finger coverage. In fact, my unheated blue Ceylon is only 5.2mm and set in a double halo :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilmosun|1463192732|4031520 said:
Great color in the rubelite!

And yes, that Ceylon sapphire needs to be set and seen! My ring finger is a size 8 without a budget to match. Double halos, settings with side diamonds, multi-stone rings and stacking rings are all tricks I use for finger coverage. In fact, my unheated blue Ceylon is only 5.2mm and set in a double halo :)

Lol! I love that you said that lilmosun. Have you ever browsed a listing for a pre-loved ring that was absolutely perfect and then found out the size of the ring was a 4? It just isn't fair I tell you.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I feel like we should start a "small gems we love" thread. I don't have the energy tonight, but perhaps tomorrow I'll start one with pics of some of my favourites. Unless someone beats me to the punch... :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I did something impulsive. Bought this ring from DT....

2584503.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awesome!

I was eyeing that,but I knew I couldn't size it up that much and emerald cuts look like garbage on me.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haha, she and I are basically the same ring size so I"m always so super tempted when she lists right hand rings...
And red is probably my favorite color! And I'm at the stage where I've outgrown my "smaller" gems and am looking for more impactful pieces. :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade|1463528748|4032976 said:
Haha, she and I are basically the same ring size so I"m always so super tempted when she lists right hand rings...
And red is probably my favorite color! And I'm at the stage where I've outgrown my "smaller" gems and am looking for more impactful pieces. :)

I think it's great. Ive been obsessing over red spinel lately and it is better than most ive seen

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah. I listed my smaller red spinels for sale because while I love love love the colors, I've become more drawn to larger stones. Sigh. People always warned me DSS would happen, and I never believed it till now!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade|1463526926|4032960 said:
Wow, I love this ring! So gorgeous!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I did something impulsive. Bought this ring from DT….

Oh I was admiring this ring, it's beautiful and I love everything about it! :love: Congrats and enjoy it MTG! :appl:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN|1463277740|4031813 said:
Lol! I love that you said that lilmosun. Have you ever browsed a listing for a pre-loved ring that was absolutely perfect and then found out the size of the ring was a 4? It just isn't fair I tell you.

....like the red spinel ring that MakingTheGrade just scored? :lol:

(Seriously...congratulations MTG...beautiful ring and so glad it went to a PSer! )

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good score MakingTheGrade! Post pics when you get it- I am sure it will look lovely on your hand.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lol, should have known, MTG! And I'm also glad it's "staying in the family". I have too much going on, or you might have had some competition. :Up_to_something: Congrats, hope you love it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilmosun|1463535056|4033022 said:
LisaRN|1463277740|4031813 said:

....like the red spinel ring that MakingTheGrade just scored? :lol:

(Seriously...congratulations MTG...beautiful ring and so glad it went to a PSer! )

Haha it's ok. I do my share of grumbling when people list gorgeous eternity bands in size 7 or higher.

Also I wear a size 4.5 shoe as well, and I have terrible terrible luck finding shoes that fit. So I feel it's all karmically balanced. :p. Except that the rest of me is not petite sized! I'm 5'4 and 150lbs and have no idea why my hands and feet are so tiny compared to the rest of me!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I like it! And I'm not a fan of the EC cut or the traps....but it all works so nicely! ;-) :lickout:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My loose stones have officially made it to Sally at hearts of water. I can't wait to begin the design process!
Not sure how I'm going to be patient for like another 3 months until I get to see the end results but I'm sure it'll be worth whatever time it takes. It's 4 loose gems to make into 3 rings, 2 of which I have no design ideas for hence the likely long wait timE.

I'm so impatient when it comes to new shinnies!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade said:
My loose stones have officially made it to Sally at hearts of water. I can't wait to begin the design process!
Not sure how I'm going to be patient for like another 3 months until I get to see the end results but I'm sure it'll be worth whatever time it takes. It's 4 loose gems to make into 3 rings, 2 of which I have no design ideas for hence the likely long wait timE.

I'm so impatient when it comes to new shinnies!

How exciting for you! Do you have pics of the 4 gemstones?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I only have pics of 3 of the 4

The arrow shaped leuco garnet will be one ring
I'm setting the Tsav and opal together in one ring
And then I sent her a crystal opal that I don't have a photo of for another ring.

_37307.jpg

_37308.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks like some very interesting designs to come...can't wait to see how you set them!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

lilmosun here're my stones. Sparkliesluvr's gorgeous paraiba ring is my inspiration. I planned on setting mine the same way, double haloed with paraibas as the outer halo.

_3816.jpeg

S

SparkliesLuver

Lovinggems said:
lilmosun here're my stones. Sparkliesluvr's gorgeous paraiba ring is my inspiration. I planned on setting mine the same way, double haloed with paraibas as the outer halo.

Can't wait to see it, Lovinggems! :D :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So I emailed Dan about this gem he just cut and he said someone already beat me to the punch! Haha, my spidey sense makes me suspect one of the ladies on this forum. :) Fess up, who nabbed it? No bad feelings, I really don't need another tsavorite (I already have 3 tsavs, a mint, and a leuco as far as the green grossulars go!). I just thought the shape was really neat.

_37326.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovinggems|1464258599|4036450 said:

I think Sparklie's ring is an aspiration and inspiration for many of us -and- the color on your stones look perfect for the style! Hope you will get started soon so we don't have to wait too long to see :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovinggems|1464258599|4036450 said:

Nice - those are lovely. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results