carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Stop it, just stop it! This is pure tanzanite ****!!! Gah, its beautiful. Covet, want, desire, need, seek, lust, all words that come to mind looking at your stone.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1454184831|3984254 said:
Stop it, just stop it! This is pure tanzanite ****!!! Gah, its beautiful. Covet, want, desire, need, seek, lust, all words that come to mind looking at your stone.

Love this!!! You summed it up perfectly! :clap:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG Arabella I adore the tanzanite and tourmaline. But tourmaline is one of my favorite stones so that's the one I'm absolutely drooling over! So incredible! :drool: :drool:

arabella

Shiny_Rock

minousbijoux said:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] love it! Thank you!

Thank you too lovedogs!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats OTL! How wonderful!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

New sphene. Looked greener in vendor photo/video, but I actually love the color I'm seeing in person, especially when the sunlight hits it! I almost feel like I found that neon chryso color I'd been searching for and given up on.... Though I will need all my courage to set such a soft stone.

Vendor:

My pics:

_922.png

flashsphene.jpg

closeup_sphene.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

blingbunny10|1454347637|3985167 said:
New sphene. Looked greener in vendor photo/video, but I actually love the color I'm seeing in person, especially when the sunlight hits it! I almost feel like I found that neon chryso color I'd been searching for and given up on.... Though I will need all my courage to set such a soft stone.

Vendor:

My pics:

oooh bling bunny that's a pretty stone! I've seen it for sale and often wondered what it would look like in person. Lovely!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

blingbunny, what great color. Congrats! :dance:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

elle I like your new green blues and I'm impressed by your ability to return what isn't perfect for you. All these beautiful greens and blues are just killing me. Yes I'm talking to you acinom, lovedogs, arabella and blingbunny

arabella you new gems are spectacular. I keep coming back to this thread just to look at them. You have quite a collection growing

minou I didn't know we shared that "perfect tanzanite is better than chocolate" affliction!!' There are very few things that are better than chocolate for me. But that tanzanite color is certainly one. Your posts crack me up.

blingbunny I love the color of the sphene against your hand. I would like to see a few more pics! I love the neons!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Blingbunny: I too am loving the bright neon quality of your stone and think it looks very pretty, though I sure wish that vendor's photos would be more accurate (I've noticed this about the vendor's photos on other occasions as well).

Sungura: thanks for "getting" my affliction, ha ha!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

2.6ct no heat pink sapphire ring I got a month ago. Stone has a GIA certificate. It's slightly purplish pink and eye clean.
Set with 8 ten points rose cut diamonds.
I uploaded the photos directly from iPhone. Don't know why it turned horizontal :errrr:

_1736.jpeg

_1737.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So I bought this, I find his descriptions accurate, and I've been looking for a fairly priced red for some time. The inclusion doesn't bother me, but if I dont like it for a ring it'll go into a necklace.

I'm excited I love the red color, and the price was right

35889.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL, what a beautiful and unique ring. The sapphire is a gorgeous color and I love those rose cut diamonds. :love:

Niel, I really love the strong red and honestly, I like the inclusion. It reminds me of the way water looks when it's moving. :D

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1454441690|3985751 said:
So I bought this, I find his descriptions accurate, and I've been looking for a fairly priced red for some time. The inclusion doesn't bother me, but if I dont like it for a ring it'll go into a necklace.

I'm excited I love the red color, and the price was right

So glad you bought this Niel - I think it will be a beauty in person! I was very taken with it myself - I look forward to your in-hand photos and comments.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope I'm allowed to ask for advice on this thread! Can't decide what to do and don't think it's quite "big" enough for it's own thread. I asked Doug Menaude to cut me a natural topaz stone in his tangier design (which I've become enamored with). I asked for a 8mm stone, and he thought he would be able to get one out of the rough used to cut tons of stones for PSers recently.

He emailed me today to say that while he wasnt able to get an 8mm out of the original rough (7.6mm was the end size), he cut another stone from different rough that did end up as 8mm. So now my conundrum: I can't decide between them! Doug gave me the option to buy both for an excellent price, but not sure that's the right choice either. So what do you all think? Do you have a preference for one over the other, or should I be somewhat impulsive and buy both? :lol:

The smaller stone is on the left, larger is on the right.
unnamed-2.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg unnamed.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-4.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

lovedogs. That cut is crazy awesome. Those crowns. I can't stop looking at them. Here is my humble opinion: If you need an 8 for a setting you have in mind then just take that. If you are flexible and can swing the cost, then consider buying both. You can choose the one you like best and put the other up for sale or give someone a really wonderful gift. PS'ers are selling a lot of wonderful gems and jewelry right now so I I wouldn't count on being able to flip it right away I do think it would sell.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The left is the better color, and if you wherent comparing them next to each other, it would look plenty large enough. That's my vote.

I like the cut on the right, Though. It's hot extra faceting on the crown, looks like. If you bought it for the cut I couldn't fault you

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think its a matter of personal taste, unfortunately. I would like the smaller one on the left. While none of these topaz from Doug have a lot of color to them, the smaller one has greater saturation and just appears to be bluer. The other one looks like it might almost pass for colorless in some situations.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I completely understand that this choice is causing positive stress!
I love the left stone because of the saturated blue. And I love the one on the right because of the dewdrop colour.

I any case: congrats and welcome to the natural blue topaz club! Any idea on how you will set it and who will set it for you?
Depending on the price you could also consider a pendant for one of the stones (a Floret setting by Alistair :love: ) and a ring setting for the other :naughty:

Personally I would not know what to do in your case. What is Doug saying?

S

SparkliesLuver

As a fellow Tangier owner, I thought I'd put in my two cents. I think the size is close enough that what it really comes down to is color: blue vs green (to make it very general). If you want a light blue, then I'd choose the left one. But if you want one with a tint of light green and for it to possibly look colorless at times, then I'd choose the one on the right. I don't think you can go wrong - they're both beautiful! :D ETA: It's a very deep cut, so if you're thinking of a ring, I'd ask Doug what the depth is of both. That might help you make a decision, or it might be close enough to not help at all. haha

S

SparkliesLuver

Niel said:
So I bought this, I find his descriptions accurate, and I've been looking for a fairly priced red for some time. The inclusion doesn't bother me, but if I dont like it for a ring it'll go into a necklace. I'm excited I love the red color, and the price was right

Can't wait to hear what you think, Niel! What are the stats? Hopefully you receive it soon. :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs, I personally prefer the stone on the left. I like the blue color that one gives off more.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I vote left

eos512

Shiny_Rock

bought a peridot. love the cut. waiting for the package now

_1768.jpeg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1454557985|3986634 said:
The left is the better color, and if you wherent comparing them next to each other, it would look plenty large enough. That's my vote.

I like the cut on the right, Though. It's hot extra faceting on the crown, looks like. If you bought it for the cut I couldn't fault you

Same here. I like the color of the one on the left, and the cut of the one on the right. :)

S

SparkliesLuver

mochiko42 said:

Same here. I like the color of the one on the left, and the cut of the one on the right. :)

I believe they're the exact same cut. :confused:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1454615585|3986907 said:
mochiko42 said:

I believe they're the exact same cut. :confused:

take a look at the crown, there are extra facets in the larger one

stones.png

stones2.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1454614269|3986904 said:

.....and that's why I gave up trying to decide and bought both. Just couldn't help it.

Eos: that's a gorgeous peridot! Love the yellow/green color combo and it looks very saturated. Did you get the package yet?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

OTL|1454439503|3985728 said:
2.6ct no heat pink sapphire ring I got a month ago. Stone has a GIA certificate. It's slightly purplish pink and eye clean.
Set with 8 ten points rose cut diamonds.
I uploaded the photos directly from iPhone. Don't know why it turned horizontal :errrr:

OTL I love your pink sapphire ring with the rose cuts :love:
Do you mind me asking where you found such a lovely piece?

eos512

Shiny_Rock

lovedogs|1454730785|3987557 said:
mochiko42|1454614269|3986904 said:

.....and that's why I gave up trying to decide and bought both. Just couldn't help it.

Eos: that's a gorgeous peridot! Love the yellow/green color combo and it looks very saturated. Did you get the package yet?
Well i have already returned the stone. It has much more brown modifier than I thought. Under the strong light, it does look like the stone in the previous picture. But in most of cases it is just a very brownish peridot. It is not what I am chasing so I just returned it.

_1875.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results