color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

apacherose|1446689321|3945873 said:
Lovedogs, thanks! NKOTB, thanks; lol I love the purple too but it only lasts a wash or so!

It's the silver I love! lol. But I see brown in other pics, so perhaps the purple and silver go hand in hand?

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, the color is a metallic one and the silver tones are part of that smoky/metallic line. It goes to neutral then brassy before I can get in again, which is pretty frequently because I have a lot of grey hairs and I can't stand to see them.

Can anyone give me a tip on how to post photos from my iphone that are not huge? Thanks.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks apacherose! The bezels are done really well and how I wanted for this look. Yes, handmade imperfections in this case are acceptable. :) I wore this set the other day when it was cloudy and the hackmanite turned super purple...so cool. :) Love the hex earrings on you and with that hair color too!!! So much fun! I am having a hard time dealing with all the grays that I am seeing sprout all over my head...I need to figure out what I want to do too, but unfortunately my job does not allow unnatural hair colors. I could do temp color for my days off, I guess.

Userangl28212003, more beautiful pics of your ruby ring. :love:

Lilmosun, I hope you get some stackers made b/c I would love to see what you have in mind for your set. They will be gorgeous, of course. :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

apacherose|1446689321|3945873 said:
Lovedogs, thanks! NKOTB, thanks; lol I love the purple too but it only lasts a wash or so!
Do you ever try doing it at home. When I have pastel hair would but purple hair color, mix it with conditioner to dilute, and sit in it for a half hour or so every week. Did the trick. As I know otherwise its gone in a split second.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

She's hereeeee!

img_20151112_143917849.jpg img_20151112_143703634.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kb1gra|1447361312|3948909 said:
She's hereeeee!

Wow, gorgeous! Can you remind us of the stats on that? I love the double halo!!!!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

lovedogs|1447370371|3948965 said:
She's hereeeee!

Wow, gorgeous! Can you remind us of the stats on that? I love the double halo!!!!

it is a 0.59ct diamond graded light pink by GIA :)

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

kb1gra. I love love your pink diamond ring. Looks like just the right proportions: halo to center stone and finger coverage But there are not enough pictures Why don't you start a thread. I love the little box too!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

Sungura|1447372885|3948986 said:
kb1gra. I love love your pink diamond ring. Looks like just the right proportions: halo to center stone and finger coverage But there are not enough pictures Why don't you start a thread. I love the little box too!

It has a SMTB thread, but I'm still figuring out my phone camera! more pics to come.

swcoguy

Rough_Rock

First timer here. Looking at buying a sapphire for an engagement ring and wondering about dimensions and carat weight for a ceylon sapphire I'm looking at.

It's a cushion mixed cut with dimensions of 4.5 x 4.9 x 3.2mm. My concern is the report claims 1.35cts and from everything else I've looked at that seems really high. Is that carat weight possible with a stone of that size? We really like the stone, but want to make sure it is legitimate.

Thanks

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

swcoguy|1447379652|3949028 said:
First timer here. Looking at buying a sapphire for an engagement ring and wondering about dimensions and carat weight for a ceylon sapphire I'm looking at.

It's a cushion mixed cut with dimensions of 4.5 x 4.9 x 3.2mm. My concern is the report claims 1.35cts and from everything else I've looked at that seems really high. Is that carat weight possible with a stone of that size? We really like the stone, but want to make sure it is legitimate.

Thanks

Welcome to PS :wavey: ! This thread is designed for people to show or talk about new pieces, so I think you'd get more help with your question if you started a new thread here on CS. That way people will see it and hopefully the experts can weigh in :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kb1gra,
Dang! That is one gorgeous ring. :love: You should start a new thread in CS with a link to your thread in SMTB as a heads up because many of us do not venture outside the CS forum.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Moving along... :whistle:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

She's hereeeee!

And she is jaw dropping! I love how the ring has such sparkly presence, yet the pink diamond is not overwhelmed. Very well done! :appl:

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock

I got a new stone! yay me!

2.9 carat/8.2x6.3 blue zircon from Dana. Can I just say how much I love Dana and Rachelle? I love them. I really feel like I got a great stone for my money and I'm super happy. It has so much life and sparkle that I have trouble putting it away. It is hard for me to get a good photo (hats off to you guys who seem to manage it) and I haven't seen it at its best yet (the sun today was a little too direct/bright I think), but in addition to the website pictures (where I think they did get it at its best) Rachelle sent me a bunch of hand shots, showing several stones compared to each other in not-super flattering light, and putting it all together I chose this one:

zirc3.jpg

That is Dana's picture and I suspect they had nice bright but diffuse lighting that day, I can't seem to capture it without some dark spots. My pictures below:

badyzirc2.jpg
In the office

naturallight2.jpg
This morning, pretty bright sunny morning but inside my car.

Eventually it will be going in a family pendant, I want to surround it with golden or brownish/champagne topaz, and four rubies, so it represents our little family (zircon is my son's birthstone, topaz is mine, and ruby is dad's). I will probably need help with that but will start a thread when it's time (which may not be for a while, LOL). I love that being here has helped me figure out how to find things that will make me happy even on a limited budget. Thank you PS!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful stone deskjockey! Sounds like a lovely project for you and a very meaningful one too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DJ,
Your new zircon is pretty and I think your setting idea will turn out fabulous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a beauty DJ!!

S

SparkliesLuver

They're done! :D Both Mahenge spinels from Jeff White. Can't wait to get them and start designing for each. :Up_to_something:

1.81cts, 4.96 x 8.37mm
.85ct, 5.38 x 6.02mm

spl083spl045.jpg

spl083.jpg

spl045.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

What a lovely zircon, deskjockey! Dana and Rachelle are indeed very helpful. I'm so happy you found the perfect stone for such a meaningful project. :) Congrats!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ohhh myyyy, sparklieslover!!!! Both are lovely, but that red!!!! :love: :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, NKOTB! That means a lot coming from you. I was hoping you'd chime in because I wanted to ask if it'd be alright if I used your emerald ring as inspiration (for that stone). I'd change some things, so it wouldn't be a total copy, but I wanted to ask your permission. I'll email Elle about it too, if you're okay with it.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You can absolute copy my ring, partly or fully, whatever you like! I think that stone would look great in it. :)

I might have to claim dibs if you ever sell it, though! ;-)

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you very, very much! :D

hehehe I'm sure that could be arranged. ;-)

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock

Oh SL those are amazing. Making my heart go all pitter patter!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, deskjockey! This is my first Mahenge purchase, so I cannot wait to see them with my own eyes.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW, SL those are some amazing stones! Loving how saturated they are. I'm excited to see what you decide to do with them :appl:

DJ I always am so tempted by Dana's zircons because they are beautiful and priced so fairly. That stone is no exception and looks great!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks, lovedogs! :D I've realized I'm a saturated stone lover. haha I already have plans for the pink-red, but I'm sure I'll conjure up something for the other one as soon as I see it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

2 stunning spinels SL!
I like!!! What a great choice. I guess we need a Sparkliesluver's extravaganza thread

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you very much, Acinom! :lol: I don't know about that; I'm not sure my collection is quite up to that standard! :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results