carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

SparkliesLuver|1441291839|3923080 said:
It arrived! :appl: Here are some pictures, but I will preface it by saying that red is hard to photograph. Really hard. I have a lot more respect for people now! :lol: I don't think I 100% captured what I saw but these are pretty close. I could see one inclusion off to one side, but it doesn't bother me. Here are the stats:

Burmese spinel
1.69cts
7.43 x 5.99 x 4.8mm
VS

Congrats on this beauty SparkliesLuver!!! :love: I am so glad it is a keeper for you. :) Thanks for giving me my red CS fix for the day! I am definitely leaning towards finding a spinel now as opposed to a ruby, unless a lump sum of money falls into my lap so I can have both!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

katharath|1441304314|3923196 said:
Oh Sparklies - wowsers!! Love it!! Looks so juicy, that's what I love about a good Burmese spinel.

Also I know a few of you said nice things above on my ear shots (elle, lovesvintage, Lisa) - thanks!!! Those were the last pics, I swear. Sorry if it was overload. I didn't want to dredge my thread up again with more pics, but then it got brought up again anyway so I had multiple pics in different threads - I don't usually do that, I swear!! Sorry for any annoyance.

I could look at pics of your earrings (and all the jewels you have posted) and Sparklies red spinel for days on end. :love: Please never apologize for posting fabulous pics. I think most people on this forum would agree with this.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Now I looked at the photos, they are so much less saturated.... Wilds did a great job showing their pink sapphire. To my eye, they look so similar. Well...

I also had Jerry recut a tsavorite. Stone went from 1.6ct to 1.3ct, it's such a nice saturated color with a blue modifier. None of my photos show how pretty it is.

img_5650_______.jpg

img_6147_______.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous hot pink sapphire and tsav OTL :love:
On my iPhone screen it does not look washed out at all? Just stunning!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Stunning OTL!! Id love to see a family shot one day. Your collection is spectacular.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wow, OTL! Gorgeous! I love the recut, and the pink is a wonderful color. :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

OTL, your news stones have such great color! :love: I would love to see your CS collection as well.

arabella

Shiny_Rock

OTL, that is my dream tsavorite!! :love: love it!!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1441315930|3923306 said:
Gorgeous hot pink sapphire and tsav OTL :love:
On my iPhone screen it does not look washed out at all? Just stunning!!
Because the real stone is much more intense T T

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Rosebloom|1441316416|3923310 said:
Stunning OTL!! Id love to see a family shot one day. Your collection is spectacular.
lovedogs said:
wow, OTL! Gorgeous! I love the recut, and the pink is a wonderful color. :appl:
arabella said:
OTL, that is my dream tsavorite!! :love: love it!!
_lovesvintage_ said:
OTL, your news stones have such great color! :love: I would love to see your CS collection as well.
Thank you guys! I'm looking forward to set them into rings!
Probably both with white gold

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Two stones arrived today! :) A recut 1.61 ct Nigerian tourmaline that I got off of LT by Select Gem and a 2.16 ct Spess garnet that is red orange from Steve of Westview Gems. He gave me a bonus included white topaz and the rough that the garnet was cut from. These are the best quick pics I could do.

img_20150904_162150.jpg

img_20150904_162215.jpg

11908243_1010441618996836_1271092007_n.jpg

img_20150904_162522.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

The rest of the pics of the spess garnet.

img_20150904_162955.jpg

img_20150904_163146.jpg

img_20150904_163438.jpg

3604396_0.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

_lovesvintage_|1441403655|3923734 said:
Two stones arrived today! :) A recut 1.61 ct Nigerian tourmaline that I got off of LT by Select Gem and a 2.16 ct Spess garnet that is red orange from Steve of Westview Gems. He gave me a bonus included white topaz and the rough that the garnet was cut from. These are the best quick pics I could do.

Both are gorgeous, but that spess :love: :love: is just amazing. So gorgeous, and looks almost like a rubelitte or smilar to my eyes with that awesome red hue. Great purchases! How do you feel about them in hand?

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

lovedogs said:

Both are gorgeous, but that spess :love: :love: is just amazing. So gorgeous, and looks almost like a rubelitte or smilar to my eyes with that awesome red hue. Great purchases! How do you feel about them in hand?

Lovedogs, initial reactions are :love: , but especially the spess. I love how it looked so red to my eyes right out of the box. I still need to see them in other lighting though.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous stones!!!
I especially love that spess. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful stones everyone.
OTL you have amazing eye for colour, every stone you bought were so bright and saturated.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

_lovesvintage_|1441411034|3923802 said:
lovedogs said:

Lovedogs, initial reactions are :love: , but especially the spess. I love how it looked so red to my eyes right out of the box. I still need to see them in other lighting though.

Glad you love them so far! Please show us more pics in different lighting--we'd love more eye candy!

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring Acinom! :clap:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovesvintage- I love your new tourmaline and garnet! The tourmaline has such pretty colors and I imagine how much fun it is to view the different hues of red, purple and orange. The spess is such a rich red color. Well done!

Acinom- As expected another gorgeous ring! The topaz is beautiful, so big and blue with such excellent cutting. I love that the setting is blingy, but does not take away from the topaz. You have the most amazing taste.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

haha, I was able to snap some pictures today with my DSLR and they showed almost identical color to that wild's pink sapphire. To my eyes they look the same as well. Only that mine's half the weight.... :bigsmile:
In my bedroom this morning with no direct light. Photos are better than the ones I posted earlier

img_6194_______.jpg

img_6201_______.jpg

556-5_10a.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

and also what it looks like in the sun. Strong fluoscence makes it more hot pink in color

img_6233_______.jpg

img_6232_______.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL|1441582771|3924460 said:
haha, I was able to snap some pictures today with my DSLR and they showed almost identical color to that wild's pink sapphire. To my eyes they look the same as well. Only that mine's half the weight.... :bigsmile:
In my bedroom this morning with no direct light. Photos are better than the ones I posted earlier

wow, it is SO VIVID! It's just amazing. Like a big neon fireball. I hope you are loving it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What an amazingly vivid pink!!! I like :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Those new pics are amazing OTL!!! :love: Very vivid indeed.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium

On impulse I bought a funky, colorful sapphire ring recently at my favorite b & m store. I'd call it a cluster ring.

sapphire-cluster.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mtsapphirelovingannie|1441757190|3925283 said:
On impulse I bought a funky, colorful sapphire ring recently at my favorite b & m store. I'd call it a cluster ring.

I love this :appl: :appl: :appl: It's a very pretty ring. Do you know what stones are set in your ring?

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1441789206|3925477 said:
mtsapphirelovingannie|1441757190|3925283 said:

I love this :appl: :appl: :appl: It's a very pretty ring. Do you know what stones are set in your ring?

Thank you Acinom. It will be a great ring to wear in the winter being low profile...the glove will go on and off with no problem. :)

To answer your question, the gems are a mix of Montana sapphires and another source in Africa (I can't remember the location at the moment). I believe the two smallest gems are not from Montana. The gems are treated (heat only according to the seller).

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock

OTL|1441583087|3924462 said:
and also what it looks like in the sun. Strong fluoscence makes it more hot pink in color

I've never been much of a pink person, but this sapphire.... :love: :love: :love: Wow! The colour is amazing!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results