Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Beautiful Elle! I love the soft powder color :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

maria_l_s__new_bsms_147.jpg

Three new right hand rings are complete. Here's a sneak peek of one of them (vendor photo). I'll post some more photos once I receive them.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1440253972|3917709 said:

Three new right hand rings are complete. Here's a sneak peek of one of them (vendor photo). I'll post some more photos once I receive them.

This is a gorgeous piece Mochiko! Looking forward to see your new collection once you have received them.
I like :love: :love: :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1440254857|3917713 said:

This is a gorgeous piece Mochiko! Looking forward to see your new collection once you have received them.
I like :love: :love: :love:

I second that...absolutely stunning. :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love this!! Is it made by Sally at HoW? Looks like her aesthetic, I adore her work. I'm excited to see handshots!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You sneak, Mochiko! You didn't even mention this/these were being made, did you? What a lovely surprise!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Oooh mochiko, how beautiful!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have loved this photo since you posted it in the vendor vs own picture thread. Cannot wait to see whether you have set the other two as well. You move fast and silent like an electric car Mochiko :wavey:

_33511.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another :love: combination mochiko!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Mochiko you tease, I am looking forward to photos of the other two rings now. Beautiful work on your first one. :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful ring Mochiko! I look forward to many more photos and of it and of course your other rings! :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm quite pleased with how the gem silica and ruby ring turned out, too. I think the 18k yellow gold was the right choice here. I can't wait to see it in person. I got the gem silica from Chris Auletta (it was re-polished by Ryan Quantz) and the rubies were sourced by Sally (2.5mm heat-only Burmese rounds).

Acinom, I ended up returning the two other cabs (amethyst and moonstone) because they were too small. The other rings are the 2.5ct Prima chrysoberyl that I bought at the June show in HK, and the tiny 0.88ct blue step-cut Afghan tourmaline that I bought earlier in the year. My bling budget is now completely maxed out for the year, so no more setting projects or new stones until 2016!! :naughty:

minou, ha! I think I mentioned these projects in passing on another thread somewhere, but nothing very specific. You did help provide direct input on one of the rings a few months ago, even though you might not remember it! :) I decided to go with relatively simple settings for these stones so I felt they didn't merit a detailed post on PS, but I will post a few more pics here later.

lovedogs, you guessed right! The rings are from Sally. I was inspired by this aqua cab and ruby 3-stone ring that she had previously made (you can find it in the sold items section of her Etsy store) --- I loved that ring so much I decided to recreate it with my gem silica. I was also tempted to get her rose cut moonstone lotus ring (it was awesome for Sally that the ring was featured in Vogue magazine in the UK -- so nice to see small vendors get recognition!), but decided to hold off due to my sadly depleted budget. (I also talked myself out of getting a Mrs Box, too.. gosh I feel so virtuous, haha!) :bigsmile:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mochiko- what a gorgeous ring! Love the bright colors, and simple, yet elegant setting. I am excited to see hand shots. Two more to come? Brilliant!

Elle- so you picked up that spinel- well done! I really like the pastel color of that spinel. Do you have plans to set it?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle_71125|1440246908|3917674 said:
I received my pretty lavender spinel yesterday, from James McCormick, and wanted to share some pics.

A close up: you can see some inclusions pretty clearly here but not too much by eye. I can only see a couple bubble like dots, in one spot, if I look closely.
image_3775.jpg

Hand shot:
image_3774.jpg

Definitely has a slight grey to it but still a pretty light purple.

Very pretty pastel color, elle! Lavender color definitely has some grey to it, but personally I like that touch of grey in lavender. :love: Have you decided whether you will keep it or not yet? How accurate do you think the vendor's photos are compared to what you see in person? Any setting ideas? :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love this. I have a special affinity for 3 stone bezels. I have plans for that with my spinel.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1440477118|3918835 said:
I received my pretty lavender spinel yesterday, from James McCormick, and wanted to share some pics.

A close up: you can see some inclusions pretty clearly here but not too much by eye. I can only see a couple bubble like dots, in one spot, if I look closely.
image_3775.jpg

Hand shot:
image_3774.jpg

Very pretty pastel color, elle! Lavender color definitely has some grey to it, but personally I like that touch of grey in lavender. :love: Have you decided whether you will keep it or not yet? How accurate do you think the vendor's photos are compared to what you see in person? Any setting ideas? :appl:

+1 I love this color! I think its a beautiful lavender shade :) What do you think of it so far?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs|1440503205|3918909 said:
mochiko42|1440477118|3918835 said:

image_3775.jpg

Hand shot:
image_3774.jpg

+1 I love this color! I think its a beautiful lavender shade :) What do you think of it so far?

Thank you all for the kind comments. :wavey:
LisaRN, I am not sure how to set it yet. I want something that would bring out the purple hue the best. Any ideas?

Mochiko, I am definitely keeping it (I actually emailed Jim to thank him and let him know). As far as the vendor pics, I would say that they were a little more saturated than what I see in real life. I found the video to be fairly accurate though. I will say that the stone can wash out in certain lighting (in which case, it's a much lighter lavender) and shows a stronger purple in florescent lighting.

Lovedogs, I'm loving it's delicate coloring. I find myself taking it out all the time to check it out in different lighting (ok, and to just admire it in general). ;))

I also just want to say, working with Jim McCormick was really wonderful. He is extremely prompt with all communication (which is a problem area I've found elsewhere). Also, he obviously does such pretty work, in my opinion.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous Mochiko! I love it.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elle- I think your lovely spinel would look great in any color metal, but I personally think rose gold would look stunning. Do you like vintage styles?
ammy.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Move over Andy.......Big Pink is on her way....... :naughty:

036_1.jpg
038.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Some cads for my zircon. Makes me giggle how deep it is.

Edited to add zircon pics too

img_20150826_174809.jpg

imag5461_0.jpg

imag5438_0.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Niel - I love it!!! Who is making it for you? I need to set a larger stone and I've been looking for pendant settings, I adore yours! If you don't mind sharing I would love to know (and sorry if you already posted it up thread, I am bad about checking this thread as often as I should).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

katharath|1440638469|3919680 said:
Niel - I love it!!! Who is making it for you? I need to set a larger stone and I've been looking for pendant settings, I adore yours! If you don't mind sharing I would love to know (and sorry if you already posted it up thread, I am bad about checking this thread as often as I should).

CVB inspired designs did it for me, she has done an oval setting like this for a ring, I'm sure if you look on her instagram you can find it. She works with Love Affair Diamonds.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Neil---this design is incredible :appl: No surprise that CVB is behind something with such a vintage/heirloom yet modern look. She is amazing that way :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs|1440640197|3919693 said:
Neil---this design is incredible :appl: No surprise that CVB is behind something with such a vintage/heirloom yet modern look. She is amazing that way :)
Yeah I went with her because I didn't even want to think about the design. I wanted prongs, gold, and to have it either orientation and I said "I trust your style just do you " I knew it would be lovely.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1440634779|3919641 said:
Some cads for my zircon. Makes me giggle how deep it is.

Edited to add zircon pics too

Love the color of the zircon, the yellow gold and the milgrain. Can't wait to see more pics when it is completed.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Peach/pink tourmaline from Barry set in yellow gold:

img_8896.jpg

img_8897.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Niel - thank you for the info! Such a beautiful design.

Mtsapphire - very pretty, love those types of simple elegant settings, great for showing off a Barry cut :)

arabella

Shiny_Rock

Niel, I LOVE that design! I will definitely be keeping CVB in mind for when I need a pendant setting. Thank you for sharing :))

Mtsapphirelovingannie, the color of that tourmaline! :love: The setting is so complementary to it.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

mtsapphirelovingannie|1440725007|3920142 said:
Peach/pink tourmaline from Barry set in yellow gold:

I LOVE that setting!! Where is it from? Your ring is beautiful. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results