Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

NKOTB I love the colour of your purple garnet. :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Sungura|1436739249|3902056 said:
Just received this ring yesterday from Yvonne Raley. 7.5 x 4.2 Merelani in 14k rose gold with diamond and tsavorite melee. Tiny sliver of a window in the merelani but doesn't bother me. Yvonne carries a similar pendant in her shop. When she told me she had a ring version planned I ordered it sight unseen. Glad I did. Love it on my finger.

Sungara - your ring is stunning! More photos please!

NKOTB said:
Very pretty, Sungura!

And OTL, I'm also loving both new spinels. And would love to see the tsav!

This purple garnet is headed my way from Jeff White...

NKOTB - that purple garnet is to die for. What an amazing colour!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous garnet NKOTB!!! :love: :love:
I contacted Jeff about the same rough (I think) but the size I was looking for was not available unfortunately. For anyone who is interested: I think Jeff still has more rough.
It's an amazing color. Any idea on how you will set this beauty?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

There will be a bigger cushion in his next Gem Scoop, too. I have a split shank diamond setting that I'm hoping this will fit perfectly into.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NKOTB|1436791919|3902186 said:
There will be a bigger cushion in his next Gem Scoop, too. I have a split shank diamond setting that I'm hoping this will fit perfectly into.

Oww, I love the idea of a split shank with that beautiful purple round.
And yes, that bigger cushion is amazing. Because of the time difference my chances on acquiring stones via popular vendors however are fairly small.
Looking forward to see your pics!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for all the nice comments on the new spinels!!
I went to intergem yesterday and picked up an emerald. Seller said it's from South America, but nice medium dark bluish green color anyway. And it's pretty clean, with slightly velvet look. Still have good light return though. Came with an old AGL cert. I have to say so far emerald is darn to be the hardest gemstone to photograph!! I have to do a little trick to adjust it close to the real stone. Yet still less saturated.

img_8608.jpg

img_8609.jpg

img_8610.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

katharath|1436721915|3901963 said:
OTL, me three. Or four or five, lol.

I really admire your collection SO much!!! Did you ever post pics of that gorgeous Gene tsav that you bought? I still have that one in my head too..,

Yes I did :naughty: Will post it this week as I got some new rings as well. I was thinking maybe I should post a recent purchase thread again :tongue:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazingly chique Emerald OTL!!! It's gorgeous.
Looking forward to see your new rings :wavey:

katharath

Ideal_Rock

OTL|1436804420|3902250 said:
katharath|1436721915|3901963 said:
OTL, me three. Or four or five, lol.

I really admire your collection SO much!!! Did you ever post pics of that gorgeous Gene tsav that you bought? I still have that one in my head too..,

Yes I did :naughty: Will post it this week as I got some new rings as well. I was thinking maybe I should post a recent purchase thread again :tongue:

Yay, yes please do a picture filled thread!!!

ETA and OMG that emerald!!! You are killing me, you have so any gems that I would choose myself, lol. Love your taste.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

NKOTB - I've been following the new purple garnets with interest - yours is the best I think I've seen so far (albeit only pics online, but still...). Looks amazing!!!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Sungura - love your beautiful mint ring. I really like that setting, I have a pear that I would love to set like that but I think the dimensions are a bit too big...but maybe I'll ask Yvonne, thanks for the inspiration!

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock

NKOTB,

Your purple garnet is stunning! :love: I can't wait to see pictures of it once it arrives. Do you have any setting plans for it yet?

austinj

Shiny_Rock

My first Roger Dery purchase! A couple of zircons! One has a feather I think but I don't care so long as it's not surface reaching. They are going to be earring studs and I hope the color is as nice as it looks. We will see on Wednesday! Yay. What color do you guys set your blue zircons in? I was thinking white or Rose?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:knockout:
gingercurls|1436842995|3902486 said:
NKOTB,

Your purple garnet is stunning! :love: I can't wait to see pictures of it once it arrives. Do you have any setting plans for it yet?

The split shank setting that the silver spinel is in (silver is just slightly too small, I think).

_32341.jpg

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock

I love that setting idea! Also, I just re-read and saw that you mentioned setting plans earlier in the thread. My apologies! That's what I get for reading so quickly :oops:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing zircons AustinJ!!! The color looks fabulous based on these pics. Looking forward to see yours. Personally I would set them in platinum or WG.

NKOTB: I love love love that setting. Your garnet will look amazing in it.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Written by Sungura » July 12th, 2015, 4:14 pm:
_32313.jpgJust received this ring yesterday from Yvonne Raley. 7.5 x 4.2 Merelani in 14k rose gold with diamond and tsavorite melee. Tiny sliver of a window in the merelani but doesn't bother me. Yvonne carries a similar pendant in her shop. When she told me she had a ring version planned I ordered it sight unseen. Glad I did. Love it on my finger.

Sungara - your ring is stunning! More photos please!

Thanks Ricezo and NKOTB. Here are two pics Yvonne sent be when ring was completed

Written by NKOTB:
Very pretty, Sungura!

And OTL, I'm also loving both new spinels. And would love to see the tsav!

This purple garnet is headed my way from Jeff White...

NKOTB - that purple garnet is to die for. What an amazing colour!

_32343.jpg

_32344.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another lover of your ring here, Sungura. Love the colors. I know its asking a lot, but if you ever feel like taking more pics, I would love to see a profile shot that shows how the head is attached to the shank. :)) Thanks!

austinj

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Acinom! I will post pics tomorrow. Thanks for the metal suggestion! You always know the right metal and setting to put stones in. It's a gift!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you NKOTB, Katharath, Ricezo and Minousbijoux! I finally figured out that I need to post pics of the ring from all angles. Now I understand what the flowers are for. I have no lack of flowers in my garden

Ok so here are the stats again: merelani mint garnet 7.5x4.2 set in 14kt rose gold with diamond and tsavorite melee. Setting and stones by Yvonne Raley. Ring is lightweight but well made and appropriate for an occasional wear ring. Yvonne carries a pendant with this design in her shop. When she told me she had a ring planned I jumped on board right away. My ring finger is 7.25 except in July in NJ when it can jump up closer to 8. The merelani has a sliver of a window that doesn't bother me. The color is highly saturated!!

_32397.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Ok, great day today...received a pair of stacking rings, I sent off a 5 mm Burmese spinel plus a 6 mm lavender/periwinkle Vietnamese spinel (quite possibly my current favorite stone) for setting and got them today. The pink one wasn't too expensive bc it's smaller, although still not cheap - the periwinkle/lavender was rather pricey...I felt a bit silly bc usually with pricier gems I try to do something a little more for setting than just a simple stacker, but I also like using quality gems in fun, downplayed settings bc I know I will wear them all the time that way.

Bezel settings in 14k YG stackable rings by Stephanie at Metalicious - she is really good with bezeling!! I love her work. She set the bezels on top for me, for better stacking (most of her rings aren't done this way) - I know they probably look better aesthetically when bezels are placed in the middle/inside of the band, but I prefer the stacking look this way, they go together so much better.

Pics...I took a bunch bc the lavender is shifty from bluer to more lavender - but here's a few :). Last one isn't great but it's the faraway shot, plus you can see my tiffany 5 heart bracelet, I got it last month and have not taken it off!! It's a fun piece, maybe a bit young for me now at 35, but I don't really care ;-)

_32436.jpg

_32437.jpg

_32438.jpg

_32439.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Also got my big rose de France ammy from Dana today (more pics in the Dana sale thread) but thought I'd post one here too. And a couple shots of the stackers with me mahenge ring from JuliaB, the gold band is also by Stephanie at Metalicious. Posting these bc they were in super bright sun and fire was flying all over, lol. My pics aren't great but you can see a couple of lines coming off the rings if you look, looks neat to me :)

Oh ammy is 13+ cts, 15 mm, cut by Dana. Fun day with gems and jewelry coming in the mail!

_32440.jpg

_32441.jpg

_32442.jpg

_32443.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Oh forgot to add - the spinels were sourced by Yvonne Raley directly or with her express help - either way she gets the credit for them :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful Katharath!!! I love this style. The stackers are stuning and luxurious. They are so well made by your jeweller.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Katharath I love your spinel rings and the big ammy! Especially love the colors of the spinels, and that you set them in yellow gold. I think it is good that you got the colors that you wanted, even though they were not inexpensive.

Sungura your mint garnet ring is stunning! Love the diamond and tsavorite melee.

Austinj- those zircons will look amazing for earrings. They will sparkle and catch the light. I can't wait to see them set.

NKOTB- The color of your purple garnet is outstanding! Has it arrived yet? Waiting for more pics!!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Acinom - thank you, glad you like them!! I am so happy with them...my jeweler makes all of her own settings (well not each by hand, as she uses a casting service), but they're her own designs, each original piece made by her hands, and I like that. She has a fun sense of style, and her pieces are always well made.

LisaRN - thank you so much, spinels are my favorite gems. I searched for the periwinkle for years and have owned many lavender spinels, but only two Vietnamese lavenders - they are so hard to find, especially a well cut round. Wish it were bigger (it's right about 1 ct), but it's perfect IMO in every other way. I'm just in love with the colors...thanks for the kind words! Glad you like the ammy too!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow it really was a fun day for you! I adore the slackers and I am not a stacker gal. So happy you get to stare at those beauties pretty much non stop for the next little while!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Yes, it was a great day!! So much fun opening up those packages. Plan on wearing these rings every day on my right hand. Thanks for your nice comments :)

austinj

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful stackers!!! They look amazing!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL - That emerald! Wow! looks like the perfect color!

Sungura - I LOVE that ring! Yvonne's settings have been getting so much more creative, and the ones for non-round shapes are always so unusual and beautiful.

Katharath - I want to steal your entire collection. Where'd you get the lavender spinel? It's such a dreamy color - I don't have a lavender one yet and I obviously need one. Also, I love your dedication to stacking rings!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results