carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

7 x 6 mm is the exact size but I think 1 mm give or take is fine? I brought it outdoors for a better look and yes, it is windowed. Oh well...didn't spend a lot on it so it's okay. It has the depth for a recut so I think I'll send it to Jerry. It is a pretty colour though; not the best but still pretty. I ordered a vivid pink sapphire from Dana a few months ago but found it too silky and although well saturated, it was not vivid to me.

tilt_and_ext.jpg

_31249.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1434724358|3891304 said:
The trillion was by far my favorite. The pictures are accurate for color, but I did notice a small window (straight-on). I didn't think it'd bug me but it did. It also has a feather, which didn't bother me. The oval is shown at its best. It had noticeable half and half extinction most of the time and this bothered me. It also had an inclusion but, like the trillion, this didn't bother me. I believe the oval might now be sold. The elongated cushion had a deeper, more raspberry color. It was the cleanest of the bunch. This is how it looked most of the time. Please don't ban me, but I also realized all three were just too small. Hope that's helpful!
Appreciate your review of the spinels. Members are only banned if they do NOT post gem photos. :devil:

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono said:
Appreciate your review of the spinels. Members are only banned if they do NOT post gem photos. :devil:

Good; got it. :D

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparklies lover, sorry none of them worked out for you. Chrono, that spinel is nice but def a window which I have to admit, I don't know if its really worth recutting? It's not that big really so the size would take a decent sized hit right?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arc,
I won't go for a full recut; it would be just tweaking which should minimize the weight and size loss. It is a touch too large so I have 1 mm to spare, if needed.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1434734463|3891382 said:
Arc,
I won't go for a full recut; it would be just tweaking which should minimize the weight and size loss. It is a touch too large so I have 1 mm to spare, if needed.

I am sure Jerry will do an amazing job. Congrats on getting the color you wanted. Can't wait to see the spinel after Jerry is done.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arc,

ok. Thats always good. Crossing my fingers its a good candidate!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Niel|1434649038|3890949 said:
It's been raining for days and I can't get good sunshine to actually make a thread, but in the meantime, my new ring came in and I'm very satisfied.

Neil - your ring is incredible and deserves its own thread. I love that beautiful yellow and the proportions of the ring are divine.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Arcadian|1434738016|3891410 said:
Arc,

ok. Thats always good. Crossing my fingers its a good candidate!

Chrono - I hope the spinel works out for you!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Thought I'd share a little project completed today. My boyfriend's mum has been very upset as she recently lost her beloved pet dog so we took her out for the day to (hopefully) cheer her up. I purchased a pair of light blue topaz from Jeff Davies a while back and had them set for her as a surprise. She loved them and they look great on her!

2.68ct 6.4mm topaz set in sterling silver by my local jeweller. Unfortunately my photos don't do the earrings justice - they are a gorgeous shade of light blue and reflect a bit of pink and silver in sunlight. They are super sparkly and cut very well. I love them!

_31271.jpg

_31272.jpg

_31273.jpg

_31274.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

A couple more. :wavey:

_31275.jpg

_31276.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

That's very thoughtful of you and your BF. I would be devastated if I lost my beloved furry son.
Beautiful earrings!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a sweet and thoughtful gift. The studs look so elegant on her. Thanks for sharing.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My first CS offering... please be gentle. :halo:

7.48 ct Honey Zircon Asscher from PT (9.69 x 9.67 x 7.67 mm)

The color is a champagne-ish true neutral and a chameleon of sorts, depending on the light and what other metals/colors I wear.

pt_asscher1.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A few more...

Setting by DK -- unplated 14K WG shank with 18K RG basket/prongs with pave. I think he did an amazing job! [emoji7]

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434816460.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434816491.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434816511.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434816535.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a stunning result Msop04!! David did such a fabulous job. Your PT stone looks even more stunning in this setting.
Congrats!!

austinj

Shiny_Rock

I was waiting for this ring to pop up!! I saw it on PTs facebook page and I am absolutely in love with it!! What a beautiful ring and stone. One of my favorites that's for sure. I may have to copy it one day if you don't mind!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1434817636|3891787 said:
What a stunning result Msop04!! David did such a fabulous job. Your PT stone looks even more stunning in this setting.
Congrats!!

Thank you, Acinom!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

austinj|1434817811|3891790 said:
I was waiting for this ring to pop up!! I saw it on PTs facebook page and I am absolutely in love with it!! What a beautiful ring and stone. One of my favorites that's for sure. I may have to copy it one day if you don't mind!

Don't mind at all -- I'd be flattered!! Thank you! :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ricezo, those earrings are gorgeous! Such a beautiful color. :love: It was a really nice thing to do. I'm sure this gift (and your company) lifted her spirits, so thoughtful of you and your boyfriend.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Msop04 OMG THAT IS SO GORGEOUS, make a smtb thread!!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ricezo that was such a touching gift and the earrings are so pretty. They are the perfect size gemstones for earrings.

Msop04- I didn't think I liked champagne stones but your zircon ring is absolutely stunning. I could see my daughter - a young professional wearing this to work or play. It's youthful but serious. You have inspired me for a future gift for her if you don't mind me copying this as well.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Msop - what a beautiful ring! I agree that it deserves its own thread.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

distracts|1434832097|3891907 said:
Msop04 OMG THAT IS SO GORGEOUS, make a smtb thread!!!

Thanks, distracts! I may just do that -- I've been so lazy about posting anything lately... we shall see! LOL :halo: :lol:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN|1434851746|3892012 said:
Ricezo that was such a touching gift and the earrings are so pretty. They are the perfect size gemstones for earrings.

Msop04- I didn't think I liked champagne stones but your zircon ring is absolutely stunning. I could see my daughter - a young professional wearing this to work or play. It's youthful but serious. You have inspired me for a future gift for her if you don't mind me copying this as well.

Thanks, Lisa! We are expecting our first child this Sept (a girl), and this will be "her ring" -- well, not for a while! ;)) I don't mind at all! I'd be flattered! :razz: :wavey:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ricezo|1434861300|3892070 said:
Msop - what a beautiful ring! I agree that it deserves its own thread.

Thank you! I will make one I think! :wavey:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ricezo what a thoughtful gift!! The stones look just right on her ears. :)

msop04 that stone looks perfect in that setting. Great colored stone.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock

The spessartite garnet ring came back from being set. Looks great! I love the "fire" in this stone from the inclusions. My fiance' doesn't want to take it off. Looks like her engagement ring has some competition now. :D

img_20150622_202131031.jpg

img_20150622_202130604.jpg

img_20150622_202132388.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing stone and setting Tourma-guy!!!
I can imagine why she does not want to take it off. The stone has a fabulous glow and the setting is stunning.
Who made the setting for you? He or she did an amazing job.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock

Acinom|1435025309|3892883 said:
Amazing stone and setting Tourma-guy!!!
I can imagine why she does not want to take it off. The stone has a fabulous glow and the setting is stunning.
Who made the setting for you? He or she did an amazing job.

Thanks!

The setting was pre-made and came from Diamond Zone. I ended up sending it to them to get set as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results