Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

wildcatz|1426512368|3847972 said:
Acinom|1426240979|3846503 said:
I did it!

Pink and blue matching sapphires from The Gem Trader

Another setting idea for you!

Thank you wildcatz!!! I appreciate this. What a beautiful design. I have added this to my inspiration folder as well!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

My latest acquisition - a Tanzanian Rhodolite garnet! A bright magenta in daylight, plummy reddish purple in fluorescent light. I'm finding it difficult to capture the colour properly - it's brighter and more magenta in colour in real life. I'm slowly thinking about designs but probably won't set it for a few months.

_28154.jpg

_28155.jpg

_28156.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

A couple more shots!

_28157.jpg

_28158.jpg

_28159.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ricezo, that's a very nice garnet! love that purple color :)..Also, I'm intrigued by the creative design on the ring in your last photo, I'm not a marquise fan normally but that setting is gorgeous! Would love to know more :)

...realized I hadn't done a group shot in a while..organized roughly by colour. :twirl: (plain bands not included due to lack of finger real estate :tongue: )

familyshot.jpg
familyshot1.jpg

Playing with loose stone combos.. a silky chryso and silver/lavender Luc Yen spinels
chryso_spinel.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

mochiko42|1426848414|3849941 said:
ricezo, that's a very nice garnet! love that purple color :)..Also, I'm intrigued by the creative design on the ring in your last photo, I'm not a marquise fan normally but that setting is gorgeous! Would love to know more :)

...realized I hadn't done a group shot in a while..organized roughly by colour. :twirl: (plain bands not included due to lack of finger real estate :tongue: )

familyshot.jpg
familyshot1.jpg

Playing with loose stone combos.. a silky chryso and silver/lavender Luc Yen spinels
chryso_spinel.jpg

Mochiko what an amazing collection!! I especially love the neon green of your paraiba! :love: Apart from your gorgeous OEC, do you have a favourite piece of jewellery?

Thank you for your kind words! The ring in the fourth pic is a vintage ruby and diamond ring that I inherited from my mum. She received it as a gift from my aunt. The ruby is tiny but I really love this ring, I wear it all the time. The design is so delicate but beautiful and the ring also has sentimental value. I'll try to take more photos in the next few days. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What an amazing Rhodolite Ricezo!!! You always pick fabulous and well saturated stones :love:
From which vendor did you source this beauty?
Your ruby ring is so versatile and elegant. I love that it has such sentimental value.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now this is a group pic!! Thanks for sharing Mochiko.
Just like Ricezo I was wondering if you have any favorites and how you pick a certain ring.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Ricezo, I love your rhodolite. I wish all garnet looked like that!

sani987cece

Rough_Rock

Beautiful Garnet!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1426854377|3849968 said:
What an amazing Rhodolite Ricezo!!! You always pick fabulous and well saturated stones :love:
From which vendor did you source this beauty?
Your ruby ring is so versatile and elegant. I love that it has such sentimental value.

Thanks Acinom! The Rhodolite was actually another Gene purchase! He described it as 'This is from a parcel of Rhodolite I bought last year that had a very nice colour in all light. Often Rhodolite go muddy in daylight, but these turn a nice purple/red colour. This stone is a 7.264mm round cut in a new round design I worked it this week just for garnets, this produces a bright stone'

I am thrilled with the stone! I read that garnets often have extinction and look their best in incandescent light (and also can look horrible in daylight.) As I am either outdoors or in fluorescent light most of the time and rarely in incandescent, I wasn't sure if garnets would be suited to me. I'm glad I was proved wrong!

pregcurious said:
Ricezo, I love your rhodolite. I wish all garnet looked like that!

Thanks Pregcurious! I love it and I think it looks it's best in daylight. Under incandescent it is a deeper red, and in fluorescent it is a lot more purple!

MINE2015 said:
Beautiful Garnet!

Thanks so much MINE! I will have to get some tips from you on how to take care of it!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ricezo - I have told myself that I don't need anymore rhodolites until I saw yours :love:

(mochiko - continue to be a long time admirer of your rings and can't wait to see the chryso and spinels set)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks lilmosun! I hope you add another Rhodolite to your collection! :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah, a second beauty from Gene! Great find Ricezo. The color looks fabulous on your skin.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ricezo: your stone is stunning! Really, really beautiful. Its funny but I've not had a problem with my garnets in incandescent or sunlight; but I have given up on red garnets because of their muddiness in fluorescent light. You have a truly awesome stone if it looks even close to your pics in all lighting! I love it!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Acinom and Minous! It definitely looks its best in sunlight. In fluorescent light it turns a romantic plum/Merlot colour which I find beautiful too.

Mochiko - I managed to take some photos of my ruby ring this morning! The diamonds were originally prong set but they became loose and were lowered into the setting to secure them, so they kind of look bezel set. I think I prefer the diamonds prong set and a bit higher so will get this fixed at some stage.

I really love this design and hope to replicate it with different stones in time. I would love a tiny marquis diamond set in this style and also a sapphire.

_28228.jpg

_28229.jpg

_28230.jpg

_28227.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Ricezo, I love your new garnet, and I am crazy about your ruby marquis ring!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's great to see more pics of the ruby ring :love:
Thanks for sharing Ricezo!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks VapidLapid and Acinom! I'm so glad that you like my ruby ring! :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VapidLapid|1426983177|3850784 said:
Me too! The garnet is grape-y and the ruby is an attention catcher.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock

Chrono|1427113632|3851219 said:

Me three! I love the design on the ruby ring with the slim EW marquise, and the garnet is delicious!

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock

EvangelineG|1427128842|3851330 said:
Chrono|1427113632|3851219 said:

Me three! I love the design on the ruby ring with the slim EW marquise, and the garnet is delicious!
Me four, love the ruby ring so much and want to see how you are going to set the pretty garnet.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock

Oh Ricezo - that lovely garnet now has me wanting one too! I'd better get myself off this forum!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ricezo, I love that garnet, and your nail polish :love: Color deets please?

I just pulled the trigger on an unheated purple sapphire. Should get it sometime in the next week or so :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian|1427221528|3851874 said:

I just pulled the trigger on an unheated purple sapphire. Should get it sometime in the next week or so :)

Great news Arcadian!!! Any vendor pics to share? :naughty:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks so much Chrono, EvangelineG, shulaibaoma, SapphireStyle and Arcadian! :wavey:

Arcadian - I can't remember the name of the polish sorry! It's shellac. How exciting re your unheated purple sapphire!! I can't wait to see pics!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1427223413|3851888 said:
Arcadian|1427221528|3851874 said:

Great news Arcadian!!! Any vendor pics to share? :naughty:

I'm going to wait, I know I know!! Shame on me right? But I have a feeling about the stone even though its not the best looking vendor picture. (could be that feeling was indigestion... :shock: ;-) ) It won't take too long to get here and I promise to do a side by side. But I will say that its a shade over 2cts. That of course makes me happy =)

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the garnet and the marquis ruby ring also, ricezo. What a great atone purchase and it is so nice to have a gorgeous ring like that with sentimental value too!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Nice ruby!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results