minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

MTG: it almost looks silky now. Velvety even. :cheeky:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Wow, that recut looks great. He is a magician.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade|1403136143|3696121 said:
My sapphire is back!
2cts of deep blue loveliness

Gorgeous!! And every time I see your five stone I swoon a little.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aw, thanks guys!

He really is a magician, I"m taking the stone back to the jeweler tomorrow to see if it will still fit in the old setting. If not, well, new setting design time!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whoa, MTG, looks amazing!! Was it a Jerry recut?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kama_s|1403145715|3696240 said:
Whoa, MTG, looks amazing!! Was it a Jerry recut?

yup!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Been a while here on CS... once upon a time ago, I sold my entire CS collection, and this is my first big project only a few Colors I figured out I liked anyways, first up.. Spinel from Roger Dery and my .30ct EC each diamonds from JA. My alternating E-Ring... The Spinel looks more lovely IRL than these phone pic getting a Three stone Mounting from Michael at Gemshoppe. pictured with my Lisa Elser Concave Afghani Blue/Green Tourmaline.. much brighter in person too. The Tourmaline will hopefully go into this setting from Hunt Country... maybe... we'll see how I feel after I receive the three stone back (won't be for a while)

rogerderyspinelec.jpg

lisabluegreen_afghan_tourmaline_andspinel.jpg

huntcoutryfor_greentourm.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hee hee hee.....

dcads.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

D&T|1403290683|3697398 said:
Been a while here on CS... once upon a time ago, I sold my entire CS collection, and this is my first big project only a few Colors I figured out I liked anyways, first up.. Spinel from Roger Dery and my .30ct EC each diamonds from JA. My alternating E-Ring... The Spinel looks more lovely IRL than these phone pic getting a Three stone Mounting from Michael at Gemshoppe. pictured with my Lisa Elser Concave Afghani Blue/Green Tourmaline.. much brighter in person too. The Tourmaline will hopefully go into this setting from Hunt Country... maybe... we'll see how I feel after I receive the three stone back (won't be for a while)

Hi D&T! I'm used to seeing you on RT and SMTB. It sounds like you sold your "learner" stones?

I love the stones you posted. They look so well cut. The blue/green tourmaline used to be one of my holy grails. Can wait to see your rings set.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild|1403294408|3697441 said:
Hee hee hee.....
Freke, is that a blue spinel in the middle? What are the side stones?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

pregcurious|1403294932|3697448 said:
FrekeChild|1403294408|3697441 said:
Hee hee hee.....
Freke, is that a blue spinel in the middle? What are the side stones?
Nope. It's not. None of the colors are accurate. I will mention that there are diamonds in there. :devil:

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock

D&T said:
Spinel from Roger Dery and my .30ct EC each diamonds from JA.

That is going to be fabulous!! Can't wait to see the finished project.

D&T said:
The Tourmaline will hopefully go into this setting from Hunt Country... maybe... we'll see how I feel after I receive the three stone back (won't be for a while)

Wow. both of those will be stunning!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Freke! I'm super excited to see the finished product :naughty: :love: did you go with DK?

Pregcurious - yeah, I bought so many stones at the beginning they were like potato chips... you can't have just one :wacko: then I revamped my entire collection to only a few "major" pieces, mostly e-rings alternative. I found that I'm more of a colored diamond (non traditional colors) and colored stone person and only a few colors I was drawn to :sick: too... so I started over. The movement of light play on the Blue/Green Tourmaline is so fascinating and mesmerizing. It is a concave faceting style Lisa said she did on this one. I love Concave cuts but I know its not for everyone.

Sparkleismyfav- Hi! thank you! I'm super excited to receive them. I'm on a hunt for a few traps, bullets, half moons sidestones as well for some other gems coming my way and the vendor that seems to be the most cost effective and super helpful in terms of loose sidestones has been James Allen.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

D&T, did you ever sell your MichaelE princess, cut corner, color change spinel that was kite set in a Heart of Water ring? If not, can I buy it?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

D&T|1403296924|3697468 said:
Oh Freke! I'm super excited to see the finished product :naughty: :love: did you go with DK?
Yup!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pregcurious|1403297533|3697475 said:
D&T, did you ever sell your MichaelE princess, cut corner, color change spinel that was kite set in a Heart of Water ring? If not, can I buy it?

Aww I'm sorry, its been sold quite sometime ago. :(sad

Yay Freke! :appl:

Its fun to catch up on this thread, so many BEAUTIES on here! :appl: wished I was here more often. too addicting.... haha...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

It is addicting. I just decided last month not to buy more CSs :lol:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pregcurious said:

I have packrat to keep me in check... I have a couple of more and then I'm "done"... :halo:

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock

D&T said:
Sparkleismyfav- Hi! thank you! I'm super excited to receive them. I'm on a hunt for a few traps, bullets, half moons sidestones as well for some other gems coming my way and the vendor that seems to be the most cost effective and super helpful in terms of loose sidestones has been James Allen.

That's great info to know, I'm working on my own 3 stone and am going to try to make my current e-ring oval a side stone and need a match but haven't even started yet, so you just gave me a place to start! =)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

sparkleismyfavcolor|1403295404|3697456 said:
FrekeChild said:
Hee hee hee.....

Tell us more! Tell us more! I love that!
Ok, I'll throw in one more tidbit. It'll be about 3.25ctw.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sparkleismyfavcolor said:
D&T said:

That's great info to know, I'm working on my own 3 stone and am going to try to make my current e-ring oval a side stone and need a match but haven't even started yet, so you just gave me a place to start! =)

That will be gorgeous... if its the standard shapes, Ovals, RBs, EC, Asschers, etc that they have listed, then I would definitely do a search for diamonds with reports. They do sell sidestones loose without lab report, but depending on the size, it was less for me to buy my ECs with GIA reports. I asked once about loose asscher melees :naughty: and almost bought a suite of 10...but I restrained myself from doing so :-o

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock

I finally set my Mozambique cuprian tourmaline from Jeff Davies. It's 1.27 carats.

Went to Intergem today, and found a pretty diamond halo semi-mount. The diamonds are round brilliant and it's about 0.47 total carats in weight. I'm not sure if it's 18K white gold. I will look for loupe.

The ring is gorgeous!

cuptourm.jpg

PS. I am forbidden to set foot into Intergem for awhile (by my dear husband). :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

D&T|1403298142|3697488 said:
pregcurious said:

I have packrat to keep me in check... I have a couple of more and then I'm "done"... :halo:

HA! More like partner in crime!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

txgreeneyes said:
I finally set my Mozambique cuprian tourmaline from Jeff Davies. It's 1.27 carats.

Went to Intergem today, and found a pretty diamond halo semi-mount. The diamonds are round brilliant and it's about 0.47 total carats in weight. I'm not sure if it's 18K white gold. I will look for loupe.

The ring is gorgeous!

cuptourm.jpg

PS. I am forbidden to set foot into Intergem for awhile (by my dear husband). :)

SOooo Pretty!!!!

sparkleismyfavcolor said:
D&T said:

..... Well Unfortunately just got word from JA that they do not sell any loose ungraded diamonds anymore :(sad I know they offered me a few times, now they must have changed their policy :confused: oh well...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

got the barry supernova today. It's more raspberry than his vendor pic showed. Not any farther on setting ideas.

img_4936.jpg

img_4938.jpg

img_4939.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

txgreeneyes said:

The ring is gorgeous!

cuptourm.jpg

It's beautiful. Please could you post a profile shot that shows the gallery? :)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous, Txgreeneyes! Really beautiful. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results