carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

klewis|1394820507|3634175 said:
A must have from an exhibition of Indian jewels - emerald and diamond spectacles!

Utterly Fantastick!!
I have to get a pair!

I don't know where I know this from, but the german word for glasses (spectacles) is Brille and comes from the word for beryl of which their first lenses were made

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my. I want!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

klewis|1394820507|3634175 said:
A must have from an exhibition of Indian jewels - emerald and diamond spectacles!
What a twist on "rose coloured' glasses. I love these!

LK,
I'm sure there's a thread on them somewhere...lots of FCD eye candy here.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-off-your-colored-diamonds.153727/page-5']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-off-your-colored-diamonds.153727/page-5[/URL]

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So sounds like the quote I got from the beginning from this vendor was for a plain shank no cathedral solitaire. I not sure how that happened as the quote was based off a photo I sent them of a completely different setting.

So that means I can't afford what I thought I could. :((

But if we can't come to terms they were willing to refund me. So that's good news. But of rather have the ring lol.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The stone that setting is for is this princess cut. I was practicing try to get some accurate photos of my chrysos. Here's how it went. Sems like i get accurate color or in focus stones. :rolleyes:

imageuploadedbytapatalk1394993388.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1394993458.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1394993470.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry, Niel.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did you check various ebay sellers if they could do the ring for you for less $$$$. They can usually offer competitive pricing.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL|1395077452|3635874 said:
Did you check various ebay sellers if they could do the ring for you for less $$$$. They can usually offer competitive pricing.
They said due to the confusion they would do my original setting in all silver. Though I wanted the prongs gold. They did offer to work on a resolution which I appreciate but I dunno. I wanted some gold. If I went the simple route I might as well get a stuller. I dunno.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, Klewis, those are phenomenal glasses! I wonder if they were ever worn and if so, were they used as sunglasses? So cool!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

athenaworth|1394251540|3629789 said:
I set my star In a rose gold setting bought second hand from Kelpie and I got a Gene mint garnet from Fortekitty unexpectedly today. Such a happy bling day.

Gorgeous Rings!!!! I L :love: VE the mint garnet ring!!!! The setting is so Unique!!! :appl: :love:

This photo of the garnet showes the faceting so well!!! Yum Yum! :cheeky:

_15971.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1394993494|3635290 said:
The stone that setting is for is this princess cut. I was practicing try to get some accurate photos of my chrysos. Here's how it went. Sems like i get accurate color or in focus stones. :rolleyes:

Niel they have such Beautiful Piercing Yellows. The oval is like the sun!!! Man, you stare at it to long you go blind! :sun: So amazing!!! Great Find!!! Enjoy. :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bump! Anyone got any projects?

I have diamond studs in the works, but those aren't colored stones. I have the setting for my Mahenge hot pink in planning stages too, but that won't manifest for a few months at least.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

FrekeChild|1395508072|3639402 said:

I have diamond studs in the works, but those aren't colored stones. I have the setting for my Mahenge hot pink in planning stages too, but that won't manifest for a few months at least.

Besides my alex ring project, I purchased this past week this pair of sapphires on LT which I am having made into stud earrings. I don't know what type of sapphire they are but loved the color too much not to get them.

20140321_122212.jpg

_16103.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Nice sapphires! I love the colors in them.

--- Laurie

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Probably Montana, from the look of them. Love that color! It's like the color of my eyes! :love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

FrekeChild said:
Probably Montana, from the look of them. Love that color! It's like the color of my eyes! :love:

Thanks, they kinda reminded me of blue/hazel eyes too. The green flashes in them and being a lighter blue color really appealed to me.

JewelFreak|1395524454|3639553 said:
Nice sapphires! I love the colors in them.

--- Laurie

Thanks! I am excited to get them back from the jeweler. The only crummy part about making them earrings is that I won't get to see them all that often if I am wearing them. :cry:

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock

Some new Mozambique tourmaline acquisitions. I told myself no more purchases this year as 2013 was a pretty busy year for me...so much for self control!

_16329.jpg

_16330.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my, the colour :o

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock

I do like their color...even tradeoff for their inclusions!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Uh, yum!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock

That glowing windex blue!! Breathtaking!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nice! I would forgive the inclusions for the colour too.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild|1395508072|3639402 said:

I'm having my Montana sapphire set. I dropped it off at my jeweler the other day. He hasn't gotten back to me with photos of stock settings though yet because he's really busy :(. So this project could take a while.

kiwiflea

Rough_Rock

This arrived today! 1.49ct Pink spinel from John Burleyson at Gemrite.

It is going to be for my ering, but it will be some time before we can get it set. It has a lovely subtle colour, and looks more purple than pink to my eye which is what I was hoping for.

Pics!
outdoors.jpg indoors.jpg accurate_colour.jpg kitchen_lights.jpg purplish.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Picked up my sapphire studs today and can't wait to wear them!

20140403_220708.jpg

20140403_220810.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So I've been regretting selling that PT chryso sense forever. My bil couldn't afford it so we returned it. But I should have kept it. I've been contacting everyone try to get a replica to no avail. It was going haunt me forever until I checked PT site today and its BACK.

uploadfromtaptalk1396898366306.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396898420930.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

It's SO SO SO beautiful, I can hardly STAND it! Buy, Niel, buy! Live in your car if you have to, but get it back! Oh...it's not expensive anyway -- just eat beans on toast. You CAN live on stone-love alone.

--- Laurie

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JewelFreak|1396899197|3649120 said:
It's SO SO SO beautiful, I can hardly STAND it! Buy, Niel, buy! Live in your car if you have to, but get it back!
Oh don't worry the pay pal has already been put through. :D I'm ecstatic its so flipping hard to find a good step cut chryso with a this color. I feel just a little bad because I had had it in my possession before while making my BILs ring, so I feel bad having it for my own now. But I've been thinking about this stone sense I sent it back to him, but he had sent it to a jeweler so I thought it was gone.

And my BILs fiancé loves her ring, so I won't feel that bad ::)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel said:
JewelFreak|1396899197|3649120 said:
It's SO SO SO beautiful, I can hardly STAND it! Buy, Niel, buy! Live in your car if you have to, but get it back!
Oh don't worry the pay pal has already been put through. :D I'm ecstatic its so flipping hard to find a good step cut chryso with a this color. I feel just a little bad because I had had it in my possession before while making my BILs ring, so I feel bad having it for my own now. But I've been thinking about this stone sense I sent it back to him, but he had sent it to a jeweler so I thought it was gone.

And my BILs fiancé loves her ring, so I won't feel that bad ::)

When it rains....
Before I realized the step cut PT was an option I bought the yellow chryso from fine water. It came and is utterly amazing. The color reminds me of that step cut yellow sapphire everyone's been gaga over. The cut is ridic
Terrible pic alert

uploadfromtaptalk1396979949911.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results