color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Niel|1394134140|3628779 said:
My SIL new chryso. Were a chryso family apparently lol.

I like it! I've never seen a chryso in real life, but the ones here are really quite nice & excellent eye candy!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

VapidLapid|1394141979|3628862 said:
Oh yeah it is the amazing pink sapphire from Gene's latest. The tiny inclusion that made it so affordable is really hardly noticeable.
and it matches the stitches I had removed today perfectly!

That is an amazing pink sapphire - all of Gene's stones are always so beautifully cut - I imagine it's quite a sparkler.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hugs to you VL.

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Nice pink sapph--I would have hopped on that too if it stuck around. A little scar in an otherwise handsome stone is nothing to worry about.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Endless, Freke and CC it is very kind of you all. In time the scar will fade, till then I will say that I got the first Google glass full implant!!

to keep myself amused this week I have been "cutting" a dementoid garnet very much by hand, on wet/dry sandpaper. It just fell off the dop so I got a special chance to look at it unfinished. It is not a cab, it has a deep paraboloidal pavilion area, but neither is it properly faceted. In its current state is weight 3.02 carat. There is a fingerprint inclusion that I think will not be very noticeable.

demonstoid.jpg

demonstoids.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VL,
You scared me a little there with the large looking cut on your face. I hope you feel better soon. The stone is sweet looking but my eyes were more distracted by your injury.

Snowyrin

Shiny_Rock

Here's my new eternity bands!

I'm stacking the bands for the purpose of this photo. Top band: sapphire & diamond at 0.95 tcw, full band. Bottom band: pink diamond at 1 tcw, 3/4 band. They sparkle like mad :naughty:

image_1351.jpg

Btw, who wears pinkie ring too? :wavey: I recently redo the shank of the sapphire and diamond three stones ring to fit my pinkie.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the demantoid, VL, even in its current blobbiness. Sorry about your stitches - glad you're on the mend. But how the heck did you take that photo?! What the true photographers among us will do to get their shot! :o

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I set my star In a rose gold setting bought second hand from Kelpie and I got a Gene mint garnet from Fortekitty unexpectedly today. Such a happy bling day.

_15581.jpg

_15582.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

VL-- hope you get better soon!

Athena-- specs on the mint garnet?. :Up_to_something: very cool ring.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Ouch, VL! Best wishes for recovery. Your "inflammation pink" sapphire is lovely. :cheeky:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I don't really know the specs on the garnet other than it's around a 1ct mint garnet cut by Gene. I never thought I'd have such a cool mint. It's so gorgeous.

And the star sapphire ring has a ton of meaning because my friend found it for me in Tuscon after going on a mission. I love the work he put into finding it for me. And then of course the setting is from Kelpie who is such a sweetheart.

img_3940.jpg

img_8868.jpg

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock

athena:

Love both rings!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Ohhhhhh I miss colored stones and finally have something to share again. :wavey: If anyone remembers I actually sold my entire colored stone collection so I'm slowly building it back up again with what I'm hoping will be forever pieces!

Jeff White Tourmaline in custom Singlestone setting. More pictures will come next month as my MIL is bringing it over from the US.

image014.jpg

_15645.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Those are gorgeous Athenaworth. Seem s there is a black opal lurking in the background that wants to be introduced!

SB that is one seriously dramatic hairloom piece.

I seem to have finished with my demantoid, and started on a little blue tourmaline. The Demon came in at 2.82 carat. Ever since that Mughal jewels thread I have been thinking about those bird rings. I have a feeling that I am getting ready to explore some ideas spurred by those pieces.

demon3.jpg

namibtour.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

VapidLapid|1394510820|3631514 said:
Those are gorgeous Athenaworth. Seem s there is a black opal lurking in the background that wants to be introduced!

SB that is one seriously dramatic hairloom piece.

I seem to have finished with my demantoid, and started on a little blue tourmaline. The Demon came in at 2.82 carat. Ever since that Mughal jewels thread I have been thinking about those bird rings. I have a feeling that I am getting ready to explore some ideas spurred by those pieces.

Good eye VL and thank you. It's a boulder opal. Ihttps://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/boulder-opal.188580/

_15703.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AW,
Lovely new rings. The mint garnet looks huge for a 1 ct stone.

SB,
Wow, talk about a heirloom piece. It's gorgeous!

VL,
Can't wait to see your Mogul inspired piece; everything you make is not only unique but beautiful. BTW, any update on cat's eye kitty?

Chrono's update: Sent off my FCDs yesterday. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that they will arrive safely at JJ's.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Athena,

Dang girl....just dang! I love the way you mix your settings with CS!!! Every piece is just stunning!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

Chrono|1394539041|3631641 said:
Chrono's update: Sent off my FCDs yesterday. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that they will arrive safely at JJ's.

Exciting. :twirl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's out for delivery! I'm checking the tracking obsessively. :bigsmile:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful rings Athenaworth! I have to check out the boulder opal thread - wow!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A little down. :(sad

I had commissioned a silver setting from an etsy vendor. Gold head silver shank with a few diamonds on the side. It was for a square and I asked them to do it kite set. I used one of their own photos as reference in my inspiration pic. It has a slight cathedral.

Got a pick of it today. Not kite set. No cathedral. No diamonds. I'm sure they will fix it but I suspect my quote I got was for that design, now I'm concerned it won't be in budget but I already put down a deposit. Also adding more time. :(sad

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel,
So sorry. So was the peek a CAD approval? If you have it documented in emails/convo clearly, you might not be changed extra for the changes. I hope that is so. It's better to be late than not something you wanted.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1394811581|3634061 said:
Niel,
So sorry. So was the peek a CAD approval? If you have it documented in emails/convo clearly, you might not be changed extra for the changes. I hope that is so. It's better to be late than not something you wanted.
No it was the finished ring. There were no cads.

I suppose there could have been some miscommunication. But I sent them a picture and asked them to do it in silver. Plus I did explicitly say "kite set" so I dunno. We had discussed dumbing down he BASKET but not the whole ring. Really don't look anything like I wanted.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1394812164|3634067 said:
Chrono|1394811581|3634061 said:
Niel,
No it was the finished ring. There were no cads.

I suppose there could have been some miscommunication. But I sent them a picture and asked them to do it in silver. Plus I did explicitly say "kite set" so I dunno. We had discussed dumbing down he BASKET but not the whole ring. Really don't look anything like I wanted.

What a lousy letdown. But if you had documentation like your emails explaining what you wanted with accent diamonds, kite set and cathedral style, and they failed to deliver that, how is that your problem? I really don't mean that in a smart alecky way, just curious as to how they can diverge from the original directions so much and think its finished?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's why I am not posting photos or the vendors name. I'm hoping something can be done to resolve my issues. Currently I'm just dissapointed as it's at the very least going to take more time....

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

Niel - I hope things will sort themselves out. How frustrating.

Chrono - have your fcds arrived at JJ yet?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel,
That is understandable. You are doing it the right way, working with the vendor to resolve it. Releasing their name now would do more harm than good, especially since they have not been given the chance to make sure you are happy with the ring.

LK,
YES! They are working on the CAD right now. It's a huge relief to get the email confirming that they received the FCDs.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

Chrono|1394814928|3634104 said:
LK,
YES! They are working on the CAD right now. It's a huge relief to get the email confirming that they received the FCDs.

Yay~!

Edit: btw Chrono, since I'm new here I don't know anything about your FCDs other than the fact that you own them :wacko: Is there a thread about them somewhere?

klewis

Brilliant_Rock

A must have from an exhibition of Indian jewels - emerald and diamond spectacles!

indianjewels002.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results