color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 9:23:18 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
How big is that stone? It looks large.
Thanks for all the compliments! It''s 5.26ct and 11.8x9.8mm so it''s going to be very large. It''ll be more of a party ring than an every day piece

Date: 7/16/2009 11:01:39 AM
Author: cellentani
I can''t tell you how many times I looked at that tourmaline on Barry''s site - can''t wait to see your pics. I''m betting it will be bright, flashy, and spectacular!!! I like the rope design too, makes me think of those Vera Wang rings.

Thanks! Barry described it as possibly the brightest tourmaline he''s ever cut. I was a little disappointed to see him describing the yellow round tourmaline that was bought a while back the same way, but there''s no doubt that this will be a bright one!

I''ve attached an "outdoor" pic that barry sent - there is a dark reflection in the lower right hand corner but he said its not the stone.

giraffecushion MVC-040S.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well that is a bright stone, and I don''t see much gray in it. I really like it!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous gems TL, Tsavvy and Giraffecushion!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 6:23:56 PM
Author: giraffecushion

Date: 7/16/2009 9:23:18 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
How big is that stone? It looks large.
Thanks for all the compliments! It's 5.26ct and 11.8x9.8mm so it's going to be very large. It'll be more of a party ring than an every day piece

Date: 7/16/2009 11:01:39 AM
Author: cellentani
I can't tell you how many times I looked at that tourmaline on Barry's site - can't wait to see your pics. I'm betting it will be bright, flashy, and spectacular!!! I like the rope design too, makes me think of those Vera Wang rings.

Thanks! Barry described it as possibly the brightest tourmaline he's ever cut. I was a little disappointed to see him describing the yellow round tourmaline that was bought a while back the same way, but there's no doubt that this will be a bright one!

I've attached an 'outdoor' pic that barry sent - there is a dark reflection in the lower right hand corner but he said its not the stone.

Very nice shade of pink and very feminine!!

BTW, thanks D&T and SimplySplendid.
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I finally got my Mahenge spinel in the mail from Swala
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is amazing!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 8:12:15 PM
Author: icekid
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is amazing!
It''s not good to tease us without pics!!
11.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 8:17:21 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is amazing!
It''s not good to tease us without pics!!
11.gif
Ditto!!! WE WANT PICS!!!!!!!!!
3.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics icekid!!! And where did it come from?

And that''s a gorg tourmaline GC!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
I am having these 2 stones on their way to me. I can''t wait for them to arrive!
36.gif
36.gif

Zuckerbrot.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 9:22:18 PM
Author: megeve
I am having these 2 stones on their way to me. I can''t wait for them to arrive!
36.gif
36.gif

Oh YUM! They look like candy!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
36.gif
They look like gum drop candies- So will you be keeping both of these or just one when they arrive?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is amazing!
ooh goodness... need some teaser pics at least
36.gif
but it sounds amazing

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 9:51:32 PM
Author: D&T

36.gif
36.gif
They look like gum drop candies- So will you be keeping both of these or just one when they arrive?
18.gif

yummygumdrops.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 9:58:23 PM

36.gif
36.gif
18.gif
TL - Yummy
18.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock

36.gif
36.gif
Yah, want a bite!!!!
18.gif
It depends how they both turn out IRL. I am in love with the tsav already and spinel has to be seen!

demanspark

Rough_Rock
Trade
aaah.. the candy colors are so pretty!!
do post more pictures when they arrive
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am having these 2 stones on their way to me. I can't wait for them to arrive!
36.gif
36.gif
They are gorgeous! The green one just makes me YEARN. I can't wait for pics when you get them.

So... I found out something interesting tonight. Years ago my dad visited Thailand and brought me back a present. A grey star sapphire solitare. A couple of years later there was some emotional stuff and for a while I wanted nothing to do with my dad or anything associated with him. And I don't know what happened to the ring. So tonight my mom gave me some gorgeous bangles of hers (22K yellow gold , I'll post pics somewhere soon, promise) to keep and she mentioned she had some of my rings from when I was a kid/teen too. I asked her about the star sapphire and she said... no there's an opal though. But (and my memory is not great AT ALL) I don't recall owning an opal ever, except one an X gave me and I pawned years ago, SO... I'm thinking it might be that star sapphire. It looks just like the one in Uppy's AV, and her AV has had me hankering for it. So I've got my fingers crossed that when she goes through the stuff and gets to that ring (in her safety deposit box) it ends up being the lost sapphire. Because while I still don't have anything to do with my dad. I did like that present from him, and it represented one of the only good times in my relationship with him. So... fingers crossed. Then I've got to get it re-set.
11.gif

What would you do with a grey stone?
33.gif
Set it in white metal and it gets all blendy. Set it in yellow or pink and... meh?? It's not large. Probably 5 x6 max. But it has a nice star and I really liked the stone. There is a reasonably affordable settiing on NSC that I love, and I was thinking it might be nice for this... (assuming that it is the sapphire, and not some forgotten opal or something)... but what metal color? I wear mostly white, but... white metal, grey stone... thoughts?

Here's the setting I'm thinking of: http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Mountings/Rings/MultiStone/stoneid=JS305W14

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is amazing!
Which one? You have to link us to it!
38.gif
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I guess this is my latest project, got it two days ago!

Gailey gem case.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 3:43:50 AM
Author: Gypsy

36.gif
36.gif
They are gorgeous! The green one just makes me YEARN. I can''t wait for pics when you get them.

So... I found out something interesting tonight. Years ago my dad visited Thailand and brought me back a present. A grey star sapphire solitare. A couple of years later there was some emotional stuff and for a while I wanted nothing to do with my dad or anything associated with him. And I don''t know what happened to the ring. So tonight my mom gave me some gorgeous bangles of hers (22K yellow gold , I''ll post pics somewhere soon, promise) to keep and she mentioned she had some of my rings from when I was a kid/teen too. I asked her about the star sapphire and she said... no there''s an opal though. But (and my memory is not great AT ALL) I don''t recall owning an opal ever, except one an X gave me and I pawned years ago, SO... I''m thinking it might be that star sapphire. It looks just like the one in Uppy''s AV, and her AV has had me hankering for it. So I''ve got my fingers crossed that when she goes through the stuff and gets to that ring (in her safety deposit box) it ends up being the lost sapphire. Because while I still don''t have anything to do with my dad. I did like that present from him, and it represented one of the only good times in my relationship with him. So... fingers crossed. Then I''ve got to get it re-set.
11.gif

33.gif
Set it in white metal and it gets all blendy. Set it in yellow or pink and... meh?? It''s not large. Probably 5 x6 max. But it has a nice star and I really liked the stone. There is a reasonably affordable settiing on NSC that I love, and I was thinking it might be nice for this... (assuming that it is the sapphire, and not some forgotten opal or something)... but what metal color? I wear mostly white, but... white metal, grey stone... thoughts?

Here''s the setting I''m thinking of: http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Mountings/Rings/MultiStone/stoneid=JS305W14
Fingers crossed for you gypsy! I personally like the blendy look and would go with white gold or platinum. What if you went with a two tone setting or a detailed filagree in wg/pt?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I guess I should do a quick follow up and say I''m heading out of the door as I type! So sorry to taunt you. I do have pictures of the interior - in focus, but not as close-up as I suspect you would like. More later .......

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Gailey, OPEN UP the box!!! We want to look!
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icekid and Gailey are EVIL!
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 11:00:21 AM
Icekid and Gailey are EVIL!
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

AGREE!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this has nothing to do with gems... well kinda but I was so excited i found this, since I needed to expand my box to add my gem jewelry collection, and for less than $30 total, its good enough for me
9.gif
and just wanted to share.

treasuresportfoliodt1.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 10:01:16 AM
Author: Gailey
I guess this is my latest project, got it two days ago!
not even a peek
emotion-5.gif
?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:10:09 AM
Author: brandy_z28

Date: 7/17/2009 3:43:50 AM
Author: Gypsy

36.gif
36.gif
They are gorgeous! The green one just makes me YEARN. I can''t wait for pics when you get them.

So... I found out something interesting tonight. Years ago my dad visited Thailand and brought me back a present. A grey star sapphire solitare. A couple of years later there was some emotional stuff and for a while I wanted nothing to do with my dad or anything associated with him. And I don''t know what happened to the ring. So tonight my mom gave me some gorgeous bangles of hers (22K yellow gold , I''ll post pics somewhere soon, promise) to keep and she mentioned she had some of my rings from when I was a kid/teen too. I asked her about the star sapphire and she said... no there''s an opal though. But (and my memory is not great AT ALL) I don''t recall owning an opal ever, except one an X gave me and I pawned years ago, SO... I''m thinking it might be that star sapphire. It looks just like the one in Uppy''s AV, and her AV has had me hankering for it. So I''ve got my fingers crossed that when she goes through the stuff and gets to that ring (in her safety deposit box) it ends up being the lost sapphire. Because while I still don''t have anything to do with my dad. I did like that present from him, and it represented one of the only good times in my relationship with him. So... fingers crossed. Then I''ve got to get it re-set.
11.gif

33.gif
Set it in white metal and it gets all blendy. Set it in yellow or pink and... meh?? It''s not large. Probably 5 x6 max. But it has a nice star and I really liked the stone. There is a reasonably affordable settiing on NSC that I love, and I was thinking it might be nice for this... (assuming that it is the sapphire, and not some forgotten opal or something)... but what metal color? I wear mostly white, but... white metal, grey stone... thoughts?

Here''s the setting I''m thinking of: http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Mountings/Rings/MultiStone/stoneid=JS305W14
Fingers crossed for you gypsy! I personally like the blendy look and would go with white gold or platinum. What if you went with a two tone setting or a detailed filagree in wg/pt?
Thank you brandy! I really like the idea of a filagree mounting, now that you mention it. Hmm... definitely something to look into. I think actually that NSC has a couple I saw. Worth investigating. THANK YOU.

Gailey that was MEAN.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s it? Still no pictures but one temptation picture from Gailey? Don’t you know that this is breaking the PS CS rule?
11.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is amazing!

I didn''t know you were looking for one. I want to see!!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
What''s up with all the spinels lately??!! I still don''t have one....
27.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results