shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

The emerald cut spessartite on bespoke gems is marked reserved now. Did someone here buy it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Putting this cushion blue spinel in this rose gold setting. Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but I adore this spinel, and I'm so glad it's finally being set after having it for over a year. 2.25 carats. This photo was taken in incandescent light. The stone is amazing, it reminds me so much of my benitoite, and it shoots blue laser beams at me.

TLbluespinelcushionpinklanbo1.JPG

TLlanbospinelrosegold.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh yes, and I received my lovely pear Mahenge today, it's really beautiful. Incandescent light photo. Need to figure out what to do with it.

TLpinkspinelpearincandescent.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

TL, tell me more about your benitoite!!! Pic?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cellentani|1295367611|2825778 said:

I bought it about 15 years ago, and it's around 70 points and it's a dark blue with blue flashes of "laser beams" that come out. I prefer my spinel to this stone, but in hindsight, benitoite does remind me a lot of violet blue spinel.

TLbenitoite.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

tourmaline_lover|1295370514|2825819 said:
cellentani|1295367611|2825778 said:

I bought it about 15 years ago, and it's around 70 points and it's a dark blue with blue flashes of "laser beams" that come out. I prefer my spinel to this stone, but in hindsight, benitoite does remind me a lot of violet blue spinel.
Thanks TL - I have a fondness for benitoite, and yours is lovely! Would love to see those laser beams in person!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tourmaline_lover|1295357412|2825667 said:
Putting this cushion blue spinel in this rose gold setting. Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but I adore this spinel, and I'm so glad it's finally being set after having it for over a year. 2.25 carats. This photo was taken in incandescent light. The stone is amazing, it reminds me so much of my benitoite, and it shoots blue laser beams at me.

Thanks for posting TL but you do know that once again, I am SICK with jealousy. Now, are you sure that this lovely spinel doesn't need a holiday to the UK? I'd happily take him to London to see Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, a quick look at the Crown Jewels (don't want to give him ideas), a spin on the London Eye and then back home for a cup of tea and crumpet? :Up_to_something:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LovingDiamonds|1295383855|2825994 said:
tourmaline_lover|1295357412|2825667 said:

Thanks for posting TL but you do know that once again, I am SICK with jealousy. Now, are you sure that this lovely spinel doesn't need a holiday to the UK? I'd happily take him to London to see Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, a quick look at the Crown Jewels (don't want to give him ideas), a spin on the London Eye and then back home for a cup of tea and crumpet? :Up_to_something:

LOL LD. You are funny. I was out and about with my oval spinel ring today, which is a similar color to this one, and a lady said, "I love that ring! Is it a tanzanite?" I proudly said, "no, it's a SPINEL!!" Everyone knows what a tanzanite is, but hardly anyone has heard of spinel, which is good. It leaves more for us. Needless to say, she said "ohhh" with a blank stare.

Thanks for the kind words.

Cell,
Thanks for the kind words on the benitoite. It's a fun stone, but too soft for me to set. I have a small spinel I won from Tan, about a carat, and it's a dead ringer for this benitoite. You would think they were the same species by looking at them.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I only recently acquired my second spinel (the 8mm purply-blue from barry that was B.E.G's) , but I'm already a fan! I love the colors, and the sparkle spinels can produce once precision cut just dazzles me. I'm looking forward to getting more in the future, in more colors and shapes. Right now I just have one blue, and one purply-blue, both in Barry rounds.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No new thread since this is an old stone (BEG posted a thread already), but I love it pieces and took some photos of my own to share. Hope you guys don't mind!

It's a purple-blue that is a strong eggplant purple in incandescent, definitely dark, but beautiful IMO. 8.1mm, 2.4ct

IMG_7505.JPG

IMG_7509.JPG

IMG_7517.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MTG,
Nice large stone. Barry is an excellent faceter, but I've given up trying to get anything I like from him because y'all buy up everything before I can get my paws on it!! I like larger stones too, and it seems when he gets a large spinel in, it's gone in two nanoseconds (well maybe one nanosecond). Enjoy your new ring. It's lovely.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Glad you snagged it MTG! I wanted it soo bad but just wasn't in the cards for me! It's such a beautiful stone!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got my 18K trillion bypass setting made, and here are the unset spinels in them. 1.91 and 1.5 carats respectively. It's a 7mm and 8mm bypass. I also got my blue spinel ring back from the jewelers. It's so beautiful!! I will post a separate thread.

TLtrillionbypassring.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

okay one photo of the new blue spinel ring. Look at that refraction towards the bottom of the stone. 2.25 carats, although my jeweler weighed it in their ultra expensive weight machine, and it stated 2.31 carats.

TLbluespinelsparkes4.JPG

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

tourmaline_lover|1295639236|2828943 said:
okay one photo of the new blue spinel ring. Look at that refraction towards the bottom of the stone. 2.25 carats, although my jeweler weighed it in their ultra expensive weight machine, and it stated 2.31 carats.

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tourmaline_lover|1295639236|2828943 said:

Sounds like my weighing scales at home!

I just need to say, once again, =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) I'M JEALOUS!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

The spinels will look so great together in that setting TL! The blue looks perfect in its new home too!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

mynameisvapidLand.jpg

Iamajunkie.jpg

ladyvengeance

Rough_Rock

MTG, love that 'old' stone! Care to share any details about the setting?

VapidLapid, do tell...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ladyvengeance|1295988105|2832826 said:
MTG, love that 'old' stone! Care to share any details about the setting?

Nothing too exciting, it's a 14k white gold trellis :)
I should really try to take some incandescent photos, it's quite purple at night.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

2 things coming. One paid for, the other to look at but I'm pretty sure I'll keep it. Then..I really feel like I'm in a good place w/my stones right now, so I'll concentrate on getting the buggers set. I want to WEAR them and admire them!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay packrat, can't wait to see your new goodies!

I took some indoor lighting photos of the spinel because I don't think there were many before, and it looks different (and IMO, better) indoors. The grey goes away, and it's just a lovely purply sparkly color.

IMG_1687.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok, I realized that my stone was kind of smudgy, so I gave it a bath and tried it again. I promise no more after this! I'll be good and stop bogarting the thread! Sorry!

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1695.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

MTG, that is a very pretty stone!!

I just received this ring from AnnMcKay. She was very nice to deal with and I like how similar her work is to James Meyer's. This ruby is unheated and from Gene Flanigan. The ring is 18K white gold alloyed with palladium si it is not plated and has a 22K bezel around the ruby and platinum bezels around the diamonds. I don't know what the sort of "line" is on the front of the bezel around the ruby. It is not there in real life.

cindyfialka-ruby.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cind11, this turned out really beautifully! I looked through her website and I think your ring is my favorite. She did a great job with the bezels and I love millegrain! It's nice to know that there's someone out there who does similar work to James Meyer, and also will work with outside stones. Gorgeous ruby :love: !

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OOoo Cind11, you MUST start a thread on that ring with more photos when you get it!

It look so amazing. I am always envious of your beautiful jewelry!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I have a whole thread going about this bracelet in the pearl forum but thought I would add it on here as well. It will be a triple strand pearl bracelet with my 72.17ct blue topaz from Dana. The setting is being done by Sally HOW.

pearl1.jpg

pearl2.jpg

pearl3.jpg

pixies

Shiny_Rock

Cind11|1296070123|2833809 said:
MTG, that is a very pretty stone!!

I just received this ring from AnnMcKay. She was very nice to deal with and I like how similar her work is to James Meyer's. This ruby is unheated and from Gene Flanigan. The ring is 18K white gold alloyed with palladium si it is not plated and has a 22K bezel around the ruby and platinum bezels around the diamonds. I don't know what the sort of "line" is on the front of the bezel around the ruby. It is not there in real life.
Did she source the stone for you or does she work with outside stones?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse|1296071556|2833855 said:
Cind11, this turned out really beautifully! I looked through her website and I think your ring is my favorite. She did a great job with the bezels and I love millegrain! It's nice to know that there's someone out there who does similar work to James Meyer, and also will work with outside stones. Gorgeous ruby :love: !

Thanks baby nurse!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cindi that ring is so awesome! I love it! :appl: :love:

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results