carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Packrat!
FlyGirl- thank you much! its interesting because I didn''t quite know If I wanted to keep the stone, but for some reason, once set, it somewhat came alive
37.gif
- crazy huh? the faceting actually shows up a bit more once bezeled

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I dropped off two more earring projects at the jewelers yesterday. I''m having these Russian rock crystal briolettes from Briolettes.com Link made into drops (just need to add a ring to the pin-cap). The two smaller Zambian amethyst cabs from Dana at Mastercut Gems Link will be bezeled in 18k yellow gold and made into stud earrings. I''m planning to have the large cab made into a pendant, but I''m still considering the design.
1.gif

Brios8139Ammy.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay! Fly Girl how fun
36.gif
do you hang your drops on studs? or do they go on leverbacks? or other hook like wire?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 8:47:13 PM
Author: D&T
yay! Fly Girl how fun
36.gif
do you hang your drops on studs? or do they go on leverbacks? or other hook like wire?
The rock crystal are being fitted to my Whiteflash huggies. Link I'll have a photo shoot when I get everything back. Right now it seems like my huggies spend most of their time at the jewelers being fitted with drops.
20.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 9:00:48 PM
Author: Fly Girl

yay! Fly Girl how fun
36.gif
The rock crystal are being fitted to my Whiteflash huggies. Link I''ll have a photo shoot when I get everything back. Right now it seems like my huggies spend most of their time at the jewelers being fitted with drops.
20.gif
You have just given me such a great idea and solution to my BGD studs, I''m not a stud person as the posts are uncomfortable and I spend all my time wearing huggies (I know sad, but I love bezel so I just dropped a line to Lesley to see if she can just convert my stud into drops instead
36.gif
I hope it works out
36.gif
)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 9:04:08 PM

Date: 1/23/2010 9:00:48 PM
Author: Fly Girl

yay! Fly Girl how fun
36.gif
The rock crystal are being fitted to my Whiteflash huggies. Link I''ll have a photo shoot when I get everything back. Right now it seems like my huggies spend most of their time at the jewelers being fitted with drops.
20.gif
You have just given me such a great idea and solution to my BGD studs, I''m not a stud person as the posts are uncomfortable and I spend all my time wearing huggies (I know sad, but I love bezel so I just dropped a line to Lesley to see if she can just convert my stud into drops instead
36.gif
I hope it works out
36.gif
)
Sounds like a great plan, D&T. I''m sure it can be done, and it is a great way to dress up those huggies.
36.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I was home sick the other day and read something TL said about SriLanka Mall on Ebay... and may have picked up a couple cheapie for fun spinels. I realize this means my cab just got further out on the horizon, but I was home sick and wanted sparkles! The first one came today, a pinky lavender, and so sparkly! Pics to come when the next one arrives.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FlyGirl -- Cool Tsav Cab!! And of course the Amy cabs and rock crystals brios.

AJ -- LOVE the color on your Spinel! Congrats.

Arcadian -- That stone looks beautiful in it''s setting!! Enjoy it. Come on wear it to the grocery store.

D&T -- another very stylish pendant!! And a cool crisp peridot. Very very nice.

Thank you all for sharing!!
9.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone hunter, I wore it out to dinner with the girls. Luckily they know what a peridot is lol they just didn''t believe me when I said thats what it was. (they''re used to mall store peridot of course)

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t have it in hand but, I purchased this from Dana (thats not my hand!)

its .99ct and 5.4mm.

No decisions as of yet what I''m going to do with it.

-A

burmahotpinkspinel.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s really pretty Arcadian! Looks like Dana''s picture taking skills are getting better!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian! lovely!!! I love the shape and color!

Novel! Can''t wait to see what you are up to missy!

As For me- Michael is cutting an aqua for me to put in my old semi bezel e-ring, and making a couple of earring dangles a la Fly Girl
9.gif
can''t wait to see the finished piece. Michael cut an aqua oval that was a wee to small for my setting, so he has that available if anyone is interested in a weee oval
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color certainly won me over. It looks like it may have some orange flash which I think would be very cool.

One of my settings came in today (
emembarrassed.gif
) Its an LOGR that I had it upgraded to 18K No real reason, its just heavier. I like that. My normal jeweler is on vaca, so I went to my secondary place, Barmakian Jewelers...

Never again. (this probably deserves its own thread but whatever)

I walk in, asked for my normal sales person, they weren''t there. Ok no biggie, but the person that DID wait on me? he was an ass.

First and foremost, I told him good afternoon, he ignored that.

Ok so then after I showed him the stone and setting, he was like, well, I don''t know if we can set that. I told him the stone and the setting fit just fine (which they do) I also told him to please check with the master jeweler to be sure.

That should have been my clue right there because he copped attitude from the get go, it got even worse after that.

Basically the store was empty and you would have thought I asked him to perform brain surgery or something. He came back with 95.00.

I told him uh uh, no deal, its not that hard to set the darn thing as it fits the setting, and thats 45 over the normal fee.

He said, "well I figured you couldn''t afford it anyway."

WHAT THE HELL???
I almost got ugly but I kept my cool. I told the guy, you know what, don''t ever assume. Your company just lost my business.

he smiled and said "have a nice day"

What a nasty buzzard...
29.gif

I certainly wasn''t dressed like a bum but even if I were, you don''t treat a customer that way.

Kismet had a place that she goes to, I''m going to give them a call tomorrow. Barmakians isn''t far from me but I won''t give my business to people like that.

At any rate I''ll post up a few pics in a bit.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the setting and stone on hand. My nail polish is a bit blue this week and also a bit tired looking. Its a week old manicure.

Saturday I change to "You ain't go Jaques" (its a mocha brown color)

P1010409.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried it with a couple of other stones. I may get this setting again (its very low key and cool looking, why not right?)

THis is with one of the many blue zircons I have around.

P1010401.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and here again with a yellow sapphire.

P1010405.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2010 9:49:42 PM
Author: Arcadian
The color certainly won me over. It looks like it may have some orange flash which I think would be very cool.

One of my settings came in today (
emembarrassed.gif
) Its an LOGR that I had it upgraded to 18K No real reason, its just heavier. I like that. My normal jeweler is on vaca, so I went to my secondary place, Barmakian Jewelers...

Never again. (this probably deserves its own thread but whatever)

I walk in, asked for my normal sales person, they weren''t there. Ok no biggie, but the person that DID wait on me? he was an ass.

First and foremost, I told him good afternoon, he ignored that.

Ok so then after I showed him the stone and setting, he was like, well, I don''t know if we can set that. I told him the stone and the setting fit just fine (which they do) I also told him to please check with the master jeweler to be sure.

That should have been my clue right there because he copped attitude from the get go, it got even worse after that.

Basically the store was empty and you would have thought I asked him to perform brain surgery or something. He came back with 95.00.

I told him uh uh, no deal, its not that hard to set the darn thing as it fits the setting, and thats 45 over the normal fee.

He said, ''well I figured you couldn''t afford it anyway.''

WHAT THE HELL???
I almost got ugly but I kept my cool. I told the guy, you know what, don''t ever assume. Your company just lost my business.

he smiled and said ''have a nice day''

What a nasty buzzard...
29.gif

I certainly wasn''t dressed like a bum but even if I were, you don''t treat a customer that way.

Kismet had a place that she goes to, I''m going to give them a call tomorrow. Barmakians isn''t far from me but I won''t give my business to people like that.

At any rate I''ll post up a few pics in a bit.

-A
A- Argggghhh I hate sales people like that!!! I had something happen to me on a return at Bed Bath & Beyond! and I got sooooo flippin mad
29.gif
I wrote to the CEO and copied the store manager and the assistant manager who waited on me! even though they didn''t acknowledge the incidence, I will never shop at that store again, and its been over six years now! (sorry threadjack rant) anyhow...Will you be contacting the owner/manager about the rude behavior?- you''d think in this economy....anything helps, and who knows you could very well come back to purchase other items...yah know... So sorry about this A...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2010 9:55:59 PM
I love that setting E/W with all your stones
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Very sleek! I''m loving the airline too!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2010 9:57:32 PM

Date: 1/28/2010 9:55:59 PM
I love that setting E/W with all your stones
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Very sleek! I'm loving the airline too!
yeah I have to admit I really do like the airline. It works plus, these are smaller stones on my man sized hands!!!
3.gif
I gotta get all the coverage I can get!

Barmakians is definitly going to get a piece of my mind. I added no names here but yeah they'll be getting an earful, and its not like there's a lot of their stores out there. I don't think they'll be too happy a customer got insulted, considering how long my account has been there. Had dork-o looked me up he would have seen that. (which by the way, he also did not do)
20.gif

-A

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes! What a crappy experience!

But..what a pretty setting!! I really like it with all the different stones you showed. I didn''t think I was a super fan of air lines really, but I think it looks great w/that setting.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks packrat.

The overall design really works well as it still has a delicate but weighty look.

BTW though I upgraded the gold, I didn''t upgrade the diamonds. Since they were already single cut, I asked them to be left as is, just make sure they''re matched and not gray.

I blame Lauren for making me look twice at settings with airlines.
9.gif

-A

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Is it any bl**dy wonder that B&M stores are going to the wall? How many times do we here about this same supercilious tone from jewellers in one form or another.

Love your stones Arcadian and the style of your settings. All of those stones look lovely.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
I''m sorry you were treated that way. There''s no excuse for that behavior, and I hope they try to rectify the situation for you.

Your new setting is lovely and versatile. All your stones look great in there. Nice blue nailpolish!
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, yeah, about the nail polish..will you find a stone or setting to show us on Saturday after your do your nails? I''d like to see the brown!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2010 11:26:03 PM
Author: packrat
Hey, yeah, about the nail polish..will you find a stone or setting to show us on Saturday after your do your nails? I''d like to see the brown!

Oh sure! LOL Lord knows I got enough stuff around here to put on my hand to show! I also have a color called white on. Its white. (betcha couldn''t tell by the name huh?
25.gif
) I remember having a similar color when I was in college, but I believe it was wet n wild brand ...those were the days!!!

-A

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Sheesh...idiot sales person...if you COULD afford to pay that much to have a stone set, then he should have been fawning over you to ensure future sales, not treating you like it was a favor to have your business...they will cry all the way to bankruptcy with that attitude.

Laura

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t think it was necessary to start a new thread on this, but here are a couple pics of my inexpensive white topaz from Gemline:

GL 6.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
With my other white topaz, a cushion cut from Bob Kast. I also got a few 4mm white topazes from Gemline, and I''m thinking of having a dbty-style necklace made, with the big round topaz as a pendant in the center.

GL 7.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2010 1:25:58 PM
Author: cellentani
I didn''t think it was necessary to start a new thread on this, but here are a couple pics of my inexpensive white topaz from Gemline:
Gorgeous faceting! I haven''t bought from them. your project sounds lovely who will you have make your necklace?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 2:34:06 PM
Gorgeous faceting! I haven''t bought from them. your project sounds lovely who will you have make your necklace?
Thanks D&T! I hadn''t bought from them before either. Not sure about the necklace yet - will probably shop it around to a few places. I don''t want to spend too much on this project though....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results