shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Exhibit Paris Biennale des Antiquaires

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Cartier will be exhibiting these stones at the Biennale in September. Wish the photos were better -- especially the diamond. Worth a trip to Paris just to drool.

Type IIa 30.21 cts.

10.17 ct Mogok ruby

Called "The Andes Emerald" 17.38 cts.

Kashmir sapphire 29.06 cts.

30.png

_377.png

17.png

_378.png

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Spinel, Tajikistan, 49.74 cts.

Opal 57.95 cts, perfect oval. It says only "austalia" -- Lightning Ridge, maybe?

49.png

57.png

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Holy Grail for the ruby, emerald and opal. :love: :love: What a great excuse to go to Paris to see these gems.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
type IIa and kashmir please!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it too late to ask my DH to reschedule our August Europe vacation to September?? :twisted::twisted::twisted:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, book us a flight Laurie!!! I must see these in person. Especially that :love: :love: :love: black opal! Well, that diamond isn't bad either. Heck I would take anyone of these gorgeous stones!!! The opal is *probably* Lightning Ridge- but that's just my guess.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, beautiful gems. Dare I say that the ruby looks like a Burmese red spinel? :devil: But of course at 10 ct, it is spectacular, I'm sure. Wish I could go see the exhibit in person too.

On a side note, is it the photograph or do I see a few fracture/craze lines in the Australian opal? If so, that's a pity.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are all amazing! :lickout:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why can't they include them as part of their exhibition earlier this year when I was there???!!! :naughty:

Paris in September is too hot for my liking (air con in Paris is getting better through the years however still quite hit and miss), besides, I have already been there once this year, and can't justify another trip so soon!

DK :))

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Oh..... My......

DH and I were planning a trip to France but cancelled as he decided to change jobs and the new one demands ALL his attention. Oh, this makes me wish I'd purchased the tickets and made the commitment. Just breath taking.

Chrono now I have to look at the ruby again! Although ultimately, who cares!!! Glorious Technicolor!

Thanks for sharing JF.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wordie89|1404311909|3705201 said:
Chrono now I have to look at the ruby again! Although ultimately, who cares!!! Glorious Technicolor!

Agreed! I was just being cheeky this morning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results